• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin' |OT| starring Bryan Danielson & John Cena in a worked reality show

Penguin

Well, the thing is, there's only so many Bryan vs. Orton matches you can do, so I'm thinking Orton vs. Bryan now, HHH vs. Bryan in a HiaC at HiaC, Corporation vs. Team Bryan at Survivor Series, Bryan vs Orton in a TLC match at TLC. Orton vs. Punk at the Rumble while Bryan wins the Rumble. Then Orton, Bryan, Punk, and three randoms in a EC at EC and finally Orton vs. Bryan for the title at Mania.

I don't think you do Orton/Bryan/Punk in an EC

Depending on injury... I could see Cena vs Orton at EC

And Bryan being forced to defend his Rumble spot at EC

Kaladin

Well, the thing is, there's only so many Bryan vs. Orton matches you can do, so I'm thinking Orton vs. Bryan now, HHH vs. Bryan in a HiaC at HiaC, Corporation vs. Team Bryan at Survivor Series, Bryan vs Orton in a TLC match at TLC. Orton vs. Punk at the Rumble while Bryan wins the Rumble. Then Orton, Bryan, Punk, and three randoms in a EC at EC and finally Orton vs. Bryan for the title at Mania.

I would go:

Orton vs Bryan at NOC, Battlegrounds and HIAC with all three being a screwjob or DQ finish, with Hell In A Cell being the big screwjob that finally pushes Vince to recognize that Triple H is pushing it too far. Survivor Series is Team Orton vs Team Bryan for Bryan earning one more shot at TLC. Bryan looses at TLC due to shenanigans because everything is legal at TLC. Bryan enters the Rumble at #1 and goes through all 30 guys to win the Rumble. Final entrant will be Cena, and him and Bryan will be the last two. Also at the Rumble, we'll get Triple H vs Randy Orton because Triple H has realized that he can't get the job done. Triple H wins the belt at the Rumble. Elimination Chamber comes around and instead of the usual title match and #1 Contender match, both ECs will be #1 contender matches with Bryan's shot on the line (another win building momentum to Mania for Bryan). Triple H vs Bryan main event at Mania w/ Bryan's big moment and also proving to Triple H himself that he is championship material.

Ithil

I would have Bryan win the title from Orton at Hell in a Cell, and continue the feud with Triple H trying to get the title off him. A Bryan vs HHH match at WM with Bryan defeating him to retain seems like a good feud ender.

Aiii

So not worth it
I would go:

Orton vs Bryan at NOC, Battlegrounds and HIAC with all three being a screwjob or DQ finish, with Hell In A Cell being the big screwjob that finally pushes Vince to recognize that Triple H is pushing it too far. Survivor Series is Team Orton vs Team Bryan for Bryan earning one more shot at TLC. Bryan looses at TLC due to shenanigans because everything is legal at TLC. Bryan enters the Rumble at #1 and goes through all 30 guys to win the Rumble. Final entrant will be Cena, and him and Bryan will be the last two. Also at the Rumble, we'll get Triple H vs Randy Orton because Triple H has realized that he can't get the job done. Triple H wins the belt at the Rumble. Elimination Chamber comes around and instead of the usual title match and #1 Contender match, both ECs will be #1 contender matches with Bryan's shot on the line (another win building momentum to Mania for Bryan). Triple H vs Bryan main event at Mania w/ Bryan's big moment and also proving to Triple H himself that he is championship material.

That's pretty good, that would be perfectly acceptable.

jmdajr

So many PPVs still on the way...

Nebula

I would go:

Book it Vince.

jmdajr

I would go:

hhgif_zps46a1840a.gif

Linkified

IMHO give Bryan the WWE Championship at Night of Champions, then have Bryan embarrass The Corporation 2.0 until SS.

Lead up to SS have Bryan show Vince that Triple H wants to become CEO, Bryan leads bunch of rebels to stop Corporation 2.0. Have it so the ending basically all refs down, Vince runs down in a ref shirt. Vince kicks Triple H in the balls and Bryan hits Triple H with Knee Kick and counts 1, 2, 3.

Etc. etc.

Penguin

IMHO give Bryan the WWE Championship at Night of Champions, then have Bryan embarrass The Corporation 2.0 until SS.

Lead up to SS have Bryan show Vince that Triple H wants to become CEO, Bryan leads bunch of rebels to stop Corporation 2.0. Have it so the ending basically all refs down, Vince runs down in a ref shirt. Vince kicks Triple H in the balls and Bryan hits Triple H with Knee Kick and counts 1, 2, 3.

Etc. etc.

Where's the angle in that though?

It's the face dominating from now until Nov

Then another face turn.

Aiii

So not worth it
They need to keep the title off of Bryan for as long as possible. If they can until WrestleMania, but at the very least until Survivor Series.

Ithil

Etc. etc.

But how can you keep an angle going hot if it's just two months of the bad guys getting beaten up?

jmdajr

They need to keep the title off of Bryan for as long as possible. If they can until WrestleMania, but at the very least until Survivor Series.

I don't disagree. Old school booking man.

Heck I still remember when Sting FINALLY beat Ric Flair for the title. Heck I couldn't believe it.
It just seemed so damn impossible with the Horsemen always ruining things.

Jim Ross at his best

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
But how can you keep an angle going hot if it's just two months of the bad guys getting beaten up?

Give it an ebb for a bit. Put Bryan in another program, a decent 3 month - Bryan will get the angle over. Have Trips ruin it at the end. Transition into another 3 month with Trips/Bryan. Culminate at Wrasslemaniar

Linkified

Where's the angle in that though?

It's the face dominating from now until Nov

Then another face turn.

Basically I want this promo after Night of Champions:

Orton: Bryan win was luck and his luck is amount to run out.
HHH: So come out Bryan if your a man...
Bryan: I'd rather be shit out of luck, than shit on

*fake feces drops on Corporation 2.0*

Ithil

If you keep beating Bryan the crowds will give up in most cities and just not care.

That's why you don't "beat" Bryan, you have him screwed over for a while, then he overcomes. But after he does that, it can't just be it,and he beats up the bad guys every week, its just got to be taken to the next level, with him being chased as champion.

sajj316

I am liking the old school booking, if it is the case of the face against odds chasing for the title. The money is in the chase. Keep the chase going for awhile and either capitalize at Wrestlemania or earlier (maybe the Rumble). The challenge (maybe it isn't) will be keeping Daniel Bryan hot till the payoff.

I'd love to see D Bry coming out in a Prius with his beard logo on the hood ..
Maybe an angle down the line where Orton or Mr. Hs runs it over with a monster truck ..

Attitude level bookings .. bring me the whacky!

EDIT .. D Bry can win by DQ, screwjob finishes, getting himself disqualified, etc ... keep the chase going!!!!!

EDIT .. maybe have Cena give him the Prius as a "gift", to have Cena somewhat involved in the storylines w/o actually being there

Kaladin

I am liking the old school booking, if it is the case of the face against odds chasing for the title. The money is in the chase. Keep the chase going for awhile and either capitalize at Wrestlemania or earlier (maybe the Rumble). The challenge (maybe it isn't) will be keeping Daniel Bryan hot till the payoff.

I'd love to see D Bry coming out in a Prius with his beard logo on the hood ..
Maybe an angle down the line where Orton or Mr. Hs runs it over with a monster truck ..

Attitude level bookings .. bring me the whacky!

EDIT .. D Bry can win by DQ, screwjob finishes, getting himself disqualified, etc ... keep the chase going!!!!!

We already got the stereotypical vehicular destruction angle

a Prius follow-up would be nice though.

Linkified

That's why you don't "beat" Bryan, you have him screwed over for a while, then he overcomes. But after he does that, it can't just be it,and he beats up the bad guys every week, its just got to be taken to the next level, with him being chased as champion.

Yes thats still the same thing for casual fans like myself 1 "screwjob" finish - fine. But multiple screwjob finishes then I get tired and what point do I feel invested in watching someone lose over and over.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Doesn't Bryan eat meat? Can they do that angle still?

Ithil

I don't think he eats meat, he mentions on the road he eats stuff like eggs because vegan food is hard to find (and he can no longer eat soy), and when he's at home, he has a vegan diet.

Plus he's still a vegan in kayfabe.

Aiii

So not worth it
Reality wise, no he's not a vegan anymore. Turns out his Vegan diet was making him sick, so he started eating meat again.

Which is funny, because the whole reason he was a vegan because he was getting sick.

Kaladin

Reality wise, no he's not a vegan anymore. Turns out his Vegan diet was making him sick, so he started eating meat again.

Which is funny, because the whole reason he was a vegan because he was getting sick.

It's also nearly impossible to eat vegan on the road as much as WWE superstars are.

Ithil

Well, he was a vegan, not a vegetarian, so I don't know what is he eats now that he didn't eat while a vegan, but it could be any number of things. He's specifically mentioned eating eggs again in interviews and not elaborated further.

If meat made him sick before, I can't imagine he eats much now.

Penguin

Yes thats still the same thing for casual fans like myself 1 "screwjob" finish - fine. But multiple screwjob finishes then I get tired and what point do I feel invested in watching someone lose over and over.
Well to be fair, he had been winning the matches. Just being laid out after

Last night's GWF is up. GWF Climax is a go.

http://www.twitch.tv/sunnybuns/b/452064678

I'm taking on a second job, GWF is gonna be tough. However GWF needs to lie dormant for a while. It's oversaturating the market.

See, this was all part of a masterfully done losing streak storyline, my eventual win comes in the most barbaric match in GWF history, they say it's cruel to lock up a bird in a cage and I showed them exactly why that's the case.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
See, this was all part of a masterfully done losing streak storyline, my eventual win comes in the most barbaric match in GWF history, they say it's cruel to lock up a bird in a cage and I showed them exactly why that's the case.

That was hands down the most barbaric thing, you're absolutely right.

And when nobody was looking...the Owl grabbed its prey, The Frankman. I think the two cage falls you had were much like a mother owl training her young - you came back more weathered.

old? new? posted!

http://www.steelcagenews.com/new-ja...ns-tv-deal-in-singapore-broadcast-in-english/

New Japan Pro Wrestling and TV Asahi are going global.

According to Dave Meltzer, from The Wrestling Observer, NJPW has signed a deal that will bring the property to Singaporean televisions – translated in English. No details were given as to who bought the rights from TV Asahi to broadcast the events, but it is a huge step forward for ANY Japanese pro wrestling outlet. Prior to this, puroresu brands have been very reluctant to expand outside of Japan. With the rise of MMA and the level of which Japanese wrestlers compete, there is likely a connection that will prove successful for the company.

NJPW took their brand to the internet this year with UStream, broadcasting shows via iPPV (internet pay-per-view) in a move that opened the doors for other companies. Pancrase also jumped onboard the iPPV train, another huge step in globalizing these brands.

With the advent of streaming technology and the world shrinking in size (metaphorically speaking), it is multiples less expensive to get these types of deals done as variables such as satellites and acquiring a buyer of your content are steps that are able to be bypassed.

TV Asahi recently released a 20 minute video that showcased some of their biggest names, Shinsuke Nakamura, Hiroshi Tanahashi, Prince Devitt, and champ Kazuchika Okada.

Last night's GWF is up. GWF Climax is a go.

http://www.twitch.tv/sunnybuns/b/452064678

I'm taking on a second job, GWF is gonna be tough. However GWF needs to lie dormant for a while. It's oversaturating the market.

We said we'd entertain and the 34 inhabitants of Easter Island were overjoyed with our match. Our gameplan was faultless. I distracted Soulplaya, the more dangerous of the pairing with my amazing ability to lie on tables seductively in my bikini pants, while Jaekw... I mean Master Kwon... picked on the Raider's Fan.

Another week and another party for #TeamMask!

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
We're never doing another table match with multiple people again. The announcer sounded ready to quit. Poor announcer.

Cagey

Banned
The problem right now isn't whether they're beating Bryan too hard or making the odds too insurmountable.

It's that last night's crowd saw the angle as Face Legend + Face Megastar v. Face Underdog.

The crowd is popping for Triple H, and even Orton is getting initial applause.

On top of that, the heel behavior is too subtle. On the same show with Punk getting handcuffed and beaten by Heyman, you have two guys the crowd generally likes teaming up and bullying another guy the crowd generally likes.

Penguin

The problem right now isn't whether they're beating Bryan too hard or making the odds too insurmountable.

It's that last night's crowd saw the angle as Face Legend + Face Megastar v. Face Underdog.

The crowd is popping for Triple H, and even Orton is getting initial applause.

On top of that, the heel behavior is too subtle. On the same show with Punk getting handcuffed and beaten by Heyman, you have two guys the crowd generally likes teaming up and bullying another guy the crowd generally likes.

One of the reasons, I think they've had Bryan end up on the bad side

They REALLY do need to establish the heel/face dynamic.

Cagey

Banned
One of the reasons, I think they've had Bryan end up on the bad side

They REALLY do need to establish the heel/face dynamic.

You can keep the situation imbalanced, like it is now, but HHH and Orton need to start engaging in some blatantly bad behavior. Again, Heyman and Axel cuffed Punk to beat the shit out of him on the same show. HHH made Bryan fight the Shield in a gauntlet match (not even handicapped) and didn't let people help him. Bleh.

Have the Shield tie up Bryan to the ropes, beat him down with a chair, and cut a straight heel promo against him while he's tied up.

Right now, HHH's promos are about wanting Orton as champion. Well, people like HHH and like Orton, so that makes sense to them.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
If you book someone as a loser too long people start to BELIEVE he's a loser.

Have some faith in Haitch. He knows how to help book Bryan to get him the fuck over even more.

Toki767

I think the problem with Orton is that he's not really acting like a heel on the mic. At least not blatantly. I'm sure him and HHH probably feel like they don't need to outright insult the audience to get cheap boos, but it probably wouldn't hurt to do it during the start of their turn.

Top Bottom