• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin' |OT| starring Bryan Danielson & John Cena in a worked reality show

Toki767

Huh. I'm genuinely shocked by those names. Does this move signal a shift away from the creatively-impotent trend of just assigning girl wrestlers a plain and unmemorable first name? That's been my biggest pet peeve in pro rasslin for the past few years.

That reminds me, what is Kaitlyn's last name supposed to be anyways? Everyone seems to have a last name except her. And I guess Naomi and Cameron if they count.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
so I somehow missed AJ's promo when it happened, because it was clearly Total Divas time and I stopped paying attention

it was a pretty good promo, as it turns out

Razorskin

----- ------
I would go:

Orton vs Bryan at NOC, Battlegrounds and HIAC with all three being a screwjob or DQ finish, with Hell In A Cell being the big screwjob that finally pushes Vince to recognize that Triple H is pushing it too far. Survivor Series is Team Orton vs Team Bryan for Bryan earning one more shot at TLC. Bryan looses at TLC due to shenanigans because everything is legal at TLC. Bryan enters the Rumble at #1 and goes through all 30 guys to win the Rumble. Final entrant will be Cena, and him and Bryan will be the last two. Also at the Rumble, we'll get Triple H vs Randy Orton because Triple H has realized that he can't get the job done. Triple H wins the belt at the Rumble. Elimination Chamber comes around and instead of the usual title match and #1 Contender match, both ECs will be #1 contender matches with Bryan's shot on the line (another win building momentum to Mania for Bryan). Triple H vs Bryan main event at Mania w/ Bryan's big moment and also proving to Triple H himself that he is championship material.

Where do you fit in Cena's guaranteed former champ rematch? Post Mania?

Kaladin

Where do you fit in Cena's guaranteed former champ rematch? Post Mania?

Possibly, even if they remember it. You could also have him say "I'm giving up my rematch clause to go for the streak." or something to that effect....because I'm thinking Cena vs Taker at Mania. They have to do that soon right? Taker doesn't have many years left.

jred2k

I know LOL Cena pretty much guarantees it'll happen, but why would Cena be owed a rematch? In reality hes actually the former former champ. Him versus Orton wouldn't really be a rematch.

Razorskin

----- ------
I know LOL Cena pretty much guarantees it'll happen, but why would Cena be owed a rematch? In reality hes actually the former former champ. Him versus Orton wouldn't really be a rematch.

I just meant that typically, a guy losing the belt is guaranteed a rematch for it, eventually...

dream

It's like imagine if WWE treated men with the same care they have for the women's names. It would be like Steve vs. Josh and Tony vs. Peter and an eight man tag with Darryl, Dominic, Sebastian, and Terrence vs. Rick, Lionel, Adrian, and Sammy.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Total Divas ep 5 was alright, not as good as the others.

Total Divas ep 5 was alright, not as good as the others.

It's a decent show. Not a huge reality TV fan, and it comes across as scripted most of the times. But the talent does better here than on regular TV.

I hope they add AJ, Layla and Kaitlin for season 2. Honestly, the 2 new girls seem to have the least presence.

Also, AJ's promo was pretty good. I was pleasantly surprised. I really think they're not using her and a few of the Divas right (Nattie, Naomi, AJ seem decent ring wise). Arianne, I cannot stand on the show, Tough Enough or Raw. Not sure how she has a job.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
It's a decent show. Not a huge reality TV fan, and it comes across as scripted most of the times. But the talent does better here than on regular TV.

I hope they add AJ, Layla and Kaitlin for season 2. Honestly, the 2 new girls seem to have the least presence.

Also, AJ's promo was pretty good. I was pleasantly surprised. I really think they're not using her and a few of the Divas right (Nattie, Naomi, AJ seem decent ring wise). Arianne, I cannot stand on the show, Tough Enough or Raw. Not sure how she has a job.

put kaitlyn on total divas and ill buy the box set

dream

I mean, to deny that HHH has had an amazing career and leaves a lasting legacy would be disingenuous and objectively incorrect. But to say that he's the best there is, the best there was, and the best there ever will be in a business that counts Bret Hart, Ric Flair, HBK Shawn Michaels, Kenta Kobashi, pre-TNA Kurt Angle, and RKO amongst its ranks is a leap I can't make.

The Michael Jordan of wrestling???? What the fuck batista
Sigh, between Punk, Cena and HHH, who had the worst match with Brock Lesnar?

Michael Jordan? I'm not Bret Hart, but I probably wouldn't put him in my top 20 (combination of GOATs and icons). Man, I remember hating the company forcing him down my throat in the late 90s. It was crazy, Austin and Rock were organic movements. He was still a good talent. But he wasn't a great promo like Austin/Rock/Foley, great worker like censored/Hart/Angle/Michaels, etc.

Probably similar reasons for why a lot of people can't stand Cena today.

Valentus

I mean, yeah, hhh was great and was a strong point in the attitude era, but:

-He didnt save the busisness, stone cold did (without him, vince eventually would have sold wwf to ted turner)

-He isnt the greatest heel of all time (MILLION DOLLAH MAN BABY)

-When you mention wrestling to an average joe, HHH isnt the first thing that comes to his mind.

...And i can continue all night.

Bloodwake

Sigh, between Punk, Cena and HHH, who had the worst match with Brock Lesnar?

Michael Jordan? I'm not Bret Hart, but I probably wouldn't put him in my top 20 (combination of GOATs and icons). Man, I remember hating the company forcing him down my throat in the late 90s. It was crazy, Austin and Rock were organic movements.

Probably similar reasons for why a lot of people can't stand Cena today.

Are you implying that Punk had a bad match with Lesnar?

Are you implying that Punk had a bad match with Lesnar?
Are you trolling?

Out of the following performers, who had the worst match with Brrock Lesnar?

A) John Cena
B) HHH
C) CM Punk
D) Vince McMahon

Out of the following performers, who had the worst match with Undertaker?

A) Shawn Michaels
B) HHH
C) CM Punk
D) Michelle McCool

strobogo

Banned
Nope. That's pretty much the extent of the gimmick. I'm not sure what they see in Connor O'Brien that they put him on TV NXT and have spent a lot of time on the revamped NXT on him. Even if he were to get called up, he isn't going to be ore than a low card guy who will do squashes on Superstars.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
HHH will continue to try his hardest to use fake accolades in pro wrestling to prop himself to HBK/Rock/Austin status. No one cares how many championships you won, Hunter. It's fake.

I was feeling this until Dave Bautista called him the MJ of sports entertainment.

The Michael Jordan of wrestling???? What the fuck batista

Batista saying it really doesn't mean much..besides Who the fuck is going to buy a Triple H DVD? Besides the Rock and Taker..this is sad really if Triple H could only get a kind word from the Kliq, his wife, his father-in-law and members of evolution.

I mean, yeah, hhh was great and was a strong point in the attitude era, but:

-He didnt save the busisness, stone cold did (without him, vince eventually would have sold wwf to ted turner)

-He isnt the greatest heel of all time (MILLION DOLLAH MAN BABY)

-When you mention wrestling to an average joe, HHH isnt the first thing that comes to his mind.

...And i can continue all night.

Is he a bigger draw than Cena, Hart, Hogan, Flair, Rock, Austin, Sting, Ultimate Warrior, Samartino (SP), etc?

Is he a better heel than Rick Rude, Jake the Snake, Randy Savage, Sgt Slaughter, Flair, Roddy Piper, Million Dollar Man, etc?

Is he a better worker than Steam Boat, Savage, Benoit, Shawn Michaels, CM Punk, Bryan, Samoa Joe, Aries, Bret Hart, Kurt Angle, etc?

To me, HHH was solid. He was obviously a company man. But it's like the position he reached was simply being in the right place/right time, politicking and being married to the boss' daughter. He definitely knew how to play the game.

I think it helped to have someone like HHH when Austin was there. I have always preferred HHH has a heel, I think he does that part well. I think he has good mic skills too.

He is not the best and will never be. But he is from the family and was always going to get preferential treatment.

dream

Is he a bigger draw than Cena, Hart, Hogan, Flair, Rock, Austin, Sting, Ultimate Warrior, Samartino (SP), etc?

Is he a better heel than Rick Rude, Jake the Snake, Randy Savage, Sgt Slaughter, Flair, Roddy Piper, Million Dollar Man, etc?

Is he a better worker than Steam Boat, Savage, Benoit, Shawn Michaels, CM Punk, Bryan, Samoa Joe, Aries, Bret Hart, Kurt Angle, etc?

To me, HHH was solid. He was obviously a company man. But it's like the position he reached was simply being in the right place/right time, politicking and being married to the boss' daughter. He definitely knew how to play the game.

This is an interesting question. I don't know where HHH stands as a draw, though I suspect he wouldn't be remembered as one of the top 10 draws in the history of the company.

But as far as the other two categories go, I think he's had moments where he could be mentioned alongside those other fighters. I think his current heel work is amazing. And the man has been involved in some great, great fights. But it's just never come together over any sustained amount of time, and that makes it difficult for me to consider him to be one of the best.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
I think it helped to have someone like HHH when Austin was there. I have always preferred HHH has a heel, I think he does that part well. I think he has good mic skills too.

He is not the best and will never be. But he is from the family and was always going to get preferential treatment.
Are you kidding? I barely remember any Austin/HHH feud outside of one. HHH feuded with the Rock, mainly.

I mean, to deny that HHH has had an amazing career and leaves a lasting legacy would be disingenuous and objectively incorrect. But to say that he's the best there is, the best there was, and the best there ever will be in a business that counts Bret Hart, Ric Flair, HBK Shawn Michaels, Kenta Kobashi, pre-TNA Kurt Angle, and RKO amongst its ranks is a leap I can't make.
Nice punch line.

Are you kidding? I barely remember any Austin/HHH feud outside of one. HHH feuded with the Rock, mainly.

I got one on my mind it ends with the 3 Stages of Hell match? Was their more feuds with Austin?

Jim Cornette speaks the truth about Triple H

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vHhk65h-zsw

To be honest, Kurt Angle was a bigger star in the Attitude Era then Triple H. Kurt was a beast, and the stable with Christian and Edge was hilarious. How did Triple H stay in relevance the stupid commissioner storyline?

Not to say, he didn't feud with Austin. But we obviously remember Austin's meaningful WWE feuds as Hart, Michaels, McMahon and Rock. All the others never resonated.

I remember all of Hunter's matches with the Rock. That was probably his biggest rivalry/feud. Honestly, I'd say his peers like Jericho, Angle, etc have a better legacy. But he was definitely the WWEs #1 heel in the late 90s to the end of the 2000s, but it was mainly due to the position he was in, not because the fans took to it.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
I got one on my mind it ends with the 3 Stages of Hell match? Was their more feuds with Austin?

Jim Cornette speaks the truth about Triple H

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vHhk65h-zsw

To be honest, Kurt Angle was a bigger star in the Attitude Era then Triple H. Kurt was a beast, and the stable with Christian and Edge was hilarious. How did Triple H stay in relevance the stupid commissioner storyline?
That's the one I'm talking about.

Top Bottom