• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin' |OT| starring Bryan Danielson & John Cena in a worked reality show

Jamie OD

The fans still respect Goto and cheer when he wins, but it's pretty telling that he can wrestle Okada, a heel, and have the crowd about 80/20 in Okada's favour throughout.

Okada has character, Goto's just this stoic, super serious guy and it's hard for people to get behind him. Ishii's similar, in that he doesn't seem to have much of a personality, but he's the underdog and a cult favourite who the fans want to see pushed. I don't know if anyone wants to see a Goto push. He NEEDS a big push, but it's not something anyone's anticipating, imo.

Ishii is the veteran who is finally getting his shot after being on the roster for so long and the fans recognise it. I think Christian pre-World Title win would be the WWE equivalent. Or maybe current Mark Henry, after wallowing in the mid card for so long he finally figures it out and gets over.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I love G1, but I'll need like a three week break from wrestling afterwards. It's just SO much wrestling in such a short time.

I'm still betting on Naito or Shibata to win it. Shinsuke's already won G1. He's already IC champion. G1 used to be a way to help elevate a guy into the main event picture, not just to build one storyline. Except when Chono won it. Chono just won it because he's the Triple H of New Japan.

What the hell? Lol.

Oh, I get it; Bach + Muto = Bahamut

Results so far;

Kota Ibushi defeats Karl Anderson with the Phoenix Splash
Yujiro Takahashi defeats Shelton Benjamin with the Tokyo Pimps
Prince Devitt defeats Tomohiro Ishii with the Bloody Sunday
Hiroyoshi Tenzan defeats Minoru Suzuki with a moonsault
Tetsuya Naito defeats Yuji Nagata with the Stardust Press

BKJest

I'm still betting on Naito or Shibata to win it. Shinsuke's already won G1. He's already IC champion. G1 used to be a way to help elevate a guy into the main event picture, not just to build one storyline. Except when Chono won it. Chono just won it because he's the Triple H of New Japan.
That's why Chono had one reign with the IWGP and didn't even get a successful title defese. Chono never was the ace of New Japan. Hashimoto was the huge star of his generation.

And before 2007 the G1 was rarely used to build new stars. It only really worked with Kensuke. They tried to start the pushes of Nakanishi, Nagata and Tenzan that way, too, but to lesser success. But under the traditonal booking it was mostly won by established stars.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
wow at that fourth result

yujiro's now the dark horse and he's gonna win
tumblr_mqx5pqzPmA1qhjbxeo1_500.gif

then he'll have an orgy with all them JAV stars.

also
tumblr_mqr6l5Lq7E1szixeio1_500.gif

Bootaaaay you should have seen the senton by Mastiff last night he got ridiculous height on it, busted T Bone open though he was bleeding all over the place

Bootaaaay you should have seen the senton by Mastiff last night he got ridiculous height on it, busted T Bone open though he was bleeding all over the place

Nice, Mastiff is ridiculous. Hope to see him back in Progress soon. How was the rest of the show? I saw some tweets praising Ligero/Williams, but it was from the guy on commentary for PCW.

My dude, how do you even keep up with all these different pages? I was on that Jahmale Hepburn for a while and it got shutdown a few weeks ago, now this one pops up.

I just found that one today, actually. Searched youtube for 'NJPW', sorted the results by upload date and that was the first result.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Why does youtube keep suggesting me to watch videos of some ugly vloggers talking about their fucking video game hauls and dumpster dives

fuck off with that

Nice, Mastiff is ridiculous. Hope to see him back in Progress soon. How was the rest of the show? I saw some tweets praising Ligero/Williams, but it was from the guy on commentary for PCW.

I just found that one today, actually. Searched youtube for 'NJPW', sorted the results by upload date and that was the first result.

Williams Ligero was great other than a really slow first ten minutes, Williams won 5-4 then Lionheart returned and took the title

Danny Hope and Manson had a hilarious comedy match including some pants down wrestling

April David's beat Dave Rayne - wasn't too keen on this its just silly booking putting the cruiserweight belt on a woman

Manson and Cyanide lost to T Bone and Rampage in an awesome big man match

Travis won the ladder match, great match with some good and not too contrived spots, the end was botched as he took about 2 minutes to unhook the case and if was a bit awkward

Good show overall but being drunk helped that

Ithil

I hear if you boil the Tanahashi sweat covered towels in lemon juice and and shred it to eat in a light stew, you will gain the power to AIR GUITAR.

Updated G1 results and tomorrow's card;

Kota Ibushi defeats Karl Anderson with the Phoenix Splash
Yujiro Takahashi defeats Shelton Benjamin with the Tokyo Pimps
Prince Devitt defeats Tomohiro Ishii with the Bloody Sunday
Hiroyoshi Tenzan defeats Minoru Suzuki with a moonsault
Tetsuya Naito defeats Yuji Nagata with the Stardust Press
Kazuchika Okada defeats Lance Archer with the Rainmaker
Shinsuke Nakamura defeats Toru Yano with the Boma-Ye
Hirooki Goto defeats Satoshi Kojima with the Ura Shouten
Katsuyori Shibata defeats Togi Makabe with the PK
Hiroshi Tanahashi defeats Davey Boy Smith Jr. with the High Fly Flow

Best match was definitely Tanahashi vs DBS Jr, but Okada vs Archer, Ibushi vs Anderson, Shibata vs Makabe were all good matches. Nakamura vs Yano was really fun, as well. Probably the weakest of the 3 days so far, but tomorrow's Osaka show should be excellent;

01. Block B: Toru Yano
[0]
vs Yujiro Takahashi
[6]
02. Block B: Hiroyoshi Tenzan
[2]
vs Karl Anderson
[4]
03. Block B: Yuji Nagata
[4]
vs Shelton Benjamin
[2]
04. Block A: Satoshi Kojima
[4]
vs Davey Boy Smith Jr.
[2]
05. Block A: Tomohiro Ishii
[2]
vs Katsuyori Shibata
[4]
06. Block A: Hirooki Goto
[4]
vs Lance Archer
[4]
07. Block B: Tetsuya Naito
[2]
vs Minoru Suzuki
[2]
08. Block A: Hiroshi Tanahashi
[2]
vs Prince Devitt
[4]
09. Block A: Togi Makabe
[2]
vs Kazuchika Okada
[2]
10. Block B: Shinsuke Nakamura
[2]
vs Kota Ibushi
[6]

Really looking forward to Nakamura vs Ibushi and Ishii vs Shibata.

Williams Ligero was great other than a really slow first ten minutes, Williams won 5-4 then Lionheart returned and took the title

Danny Hope and Manson had a hilarious comedy match including some pants down wrestling

April David's beat Dave Rayne - wasn't too keen on this its just silly booking putting the cruiserweight belt on a woman

Manson and Cyanide lost to T Bone and Rampage in an awesome big man match

Travis won the ladder match, great match with some good and not too contrived spots, the end was botched as he took about 2 minutes to unhook the case and if was a bit awkward

Good show overall but being drunk helped that

Nice, glad to hear Travis won - him & Kirby have been really impressing me. I'll have to grab some PCW on DVD soon, sounds like a fun promotion.

Kaladin

It sucks that you have to buy the full Legendary Edition of Skyrim to get the Legendary upgrade.....it's a good thing that I only had the base Skyrim and never bought DLC.

Also:

You already own the following items in "The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Legendary Edition". You will not receive extra copies of these items when you complete this purchase:
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Boo this man.

Back to wrasslin.

Omega

Banned
can anyone explain to me why Breaking Bad is considered one of the elite shows of all-time? I think most people in WrassleGAF have good opinions so I figured I'd ask here instead of OT where it's all sheep

I mean it's a good show, I just don't get what makes it so amazing. It's not even the best show on AMC, let alone one of the best of all time

Road Warriors interview from WCW Uncensored 1996:

link

Ever watch the Doomsday Cage match in full? Phew... Scott Keith wasn't kidding when he gave that negative five stars. Once Slamboree ended though, WCW began to really make things interesting with lower card matches on PPV.

DMczaf

Ever watch the Doomsday Cage match in full? Phew... Scott Keith wasn't kidding when he gave that negative five stars. Once Slamboree ended though, WCW began to really make things interesting with lower card matches on PPV.

Watch it in full?

I BOUGHT THE PPV! I WATCHED IT LIVE! Mah gawd.

Entropia

No One Remembers
can anyone explain to me why Breaking Bad is considered one of the elite shows of all-time? I think most people in WrassleGAF have good opinions so I figured I'd ask here instead of OT where it's all sheep

I mean it's a good show, I just don't get what makes it so amazing. It's not even the best show on AMC, let alone one of the best of all time

It's pretty well written and it has a lot of those random foreshadowing moments and pieces in the dialogue or things that you'll see in the background. Plus it's an interesting story take as the protagonist descends further and further into madness and
becomes the main antagonist

Bloodwake

I am watching this past week's Main Event. Josh Matthews and JBL are commentating.

It is literally two minutes into the match (Usos vs the Prime Time Players) and neither Josh nor JBL have said one thing about the match. The worst part is they are talking about JBL climbing mountains and all of their dialogue sounds forced and awkward.

1. Bring back JR
2. Never pair Josh and JBL together again. The commentary is so bad on this episode it makes me miss hearing the Miz on commentary.

Ugh.

Bloodwake

Meanwhile, I am now watching Smackdown and Alex Riley is actually doing a decent job on commentary. Alex Riley is quite underrated in general.

I am watching this past week's Main Event. Josh Matthews and JBL are commentating.

It is literally two minutes into the match (Usos vs the Prime Time Players) and neither Josh nor JBL have said one thing about the match. The worst part is they are talking about JBL climbing mountains and all of their dialogue sounds forced and awkward.

1. Bring back JR
2. Never pair Josh and JBL together again. The commentary is so bad on this episode it makes me miss hearing the Miz on commentary.

Ugh.

Hmm not sure if this is the reason for the silence but one of them must have said something dumb or referenced something controvercial in the news and they didnt record any new commentary to replace it. this use to happen on smackdown alot when Booker T was around. One time there was legit 2 to 3 min of silence then all of a sudden you hear Cole and booker t commentating like they had been having a conversation the whole time.

jred2k

I'm gonna tune in to WM because I have not heard "I'm Coming Home" nearly enough. Another 10-20 times and I should be good, though.

Bloodwake

I already wasted my time with Wrestlemania once this year. I will take a pass on rewatching a very mediocre follow up main event,

Top Bottom