• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin' |OT| starring Bryan Danielson & John Cena in a worked reality show

tumblr_mqyzkqyXZl1s2qokqo1_500.jpg

Mr. Sam

It's time you learned the truth, earthlings:

I think Alex Riley and JBL sound quite similar and so barely noticed the change on SmackDown.

strobogo

Banned
I'm feeling a drunken WCW night, but it seems like such a hassle to go out and get the booze and ice and get everything cold and all the peeing and whatnot.

Just about the only thing of value and substance that Strobogo has ever posted here happened while I was gone; it was about getting free Hulu+ monthly through Bing rewards. I've started racking up points but noticed that Xbox is giving out a free 2 month trial for new accounts, so I should be good to go by the time the trial ends.

Now I can watch Bo Dallas wrestle every week on my 360.

Thank you, Strobogo.

P.S.
Is Bing your default browser or do you just go there daily and make 30 b.s. searches?

Not sure if anyone has answered and I missed it but does anyone know who the guy behind Tyler Breeze was this week on NXT?

Edit - think it may have been CJ Parker

Lol. Bing as default search?

Why are you laughing? Based on your posting style, avatar, and location, I'd profile you as a textbook example of an Internet Explorer user. Naturally, you'd have Bing set as your default search engine.

It goes without saying that you use Windows, I'm going to guess 8, because you don't have the cash/money for OSX.

I don't think that you'd be comfortable in yourself enough to carry a brightly-colored Nokia Windows phone, so I'm going to assume that you have an old iPhone, say 3GS?

strobogo

Banned
Windows 7, Firefox/Chrome, and some LG phone with a full keyboard that I found in a box at my mom's house.

Also, I wish you were dead.

strobogo

Banned
Good one.

So do you have any tips for quickly accumulating the daily points?

I normally just click images, click whatever is trending, and then click all the links up top that they suggest until I hit whatever searches I have to do a day. It may be easy for you if you search Bo Dallas first and go from there.

I normally just click images, click whatever is trending, and then click all the links up top that they suggest until I hit whatever searches I have to do a day. It may be easy for you if you search Bo Dallas first and go from there.

Good idea, I usually draw a blank when I'm on there.

Caught up on the last few weeks of NXT, I love this show so much. Lotta cool characters and great wrestlers, and simple, well done storylines with probably the best wrestling crowd out there.

NXT FAVE FIVE TIME

1. Paige
2. Sami Zayn
3. Emma
4. Enzo Amore (and by extension Big Cass)
5. Tyler Breeze (I just KNOW I'm gonna love this guy)

Honorable mentions to Bailey, Corey Graves, and Adrian Neville. William Regal and Renee Young are 0 and 0.1 respectively

Ithil

Is it fave five time already? I'll wait a while, and have WWE and NXT Fave Five as always, but by the end of the G1, I'm going to have my first ever NJPW Fave Five. I'm enjoying my journey into puro.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
FAVE FIVE? G1 quality kicking out all the baka gaijins

1. Tetsuya Naito
2. Takahashi Yujiro
3. Tomohiro Ishii
4. Minoru Suzuki
5. Katsuyori Shibata/Shinsuke Nakamura

sorry Yano, you gotta win some more. No Limit taking over
tumblr_mqyhidQfaX1qhjbxeo10_250.gif

shinsuke freaking out in general
tumblr_mqxz3zpEBP1qbaep1o1_250.gif

G1 fave five?

1. Satoshi Kojima
2. Hiroshi Tanahashi
3. Katsuyori Shibata
4. Tomohiro Ishii
5. Hirooki Goto

Honourable mention for Lance Archer, who has performed surprisingly well in his three matches so far. Yujiro as well, except for that Tenzan match, but I'm not gonna blame him for that one. Nakamura's has a good showing too, while Ibushi's been fun, but his matches have been very similar. Okada seems a bit off the pace in this tournament, I don't know what it is, but he's seemed less perfect than usual in his execution, so he's slipped from my fave five. Kojima is killing it this year, three great matches, especially the Shibata match, which I loved. Ishii's in there mostly for that Tanahashi match, which was fantastic. Goto's done very well so far, enjoyed his match with Okada, although it wasn't up to their previous encounters, and his match with Kojima was awesome. Felt very different to the other matches in the tournament and I think it's being overlooked by some.

I liked Naito's match with Ibushi, but it's clear he's still carrying a bit of ring rust from his injury. Hoping he'll pick up the pace towards the end of the tournament, Naito vs Nakamura should be awesome.

Fave Five

1. 2001 William Regal
2. 2001 Stone Cold Steve Austin
3. 2001 The Hurricane
4. Owen Hart (timeless guy any year will do, but his stuff from Japan has had me interested lately)
5. Jushin Liger.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
The Takahashi/Naito match was better than the Ibushi one.

Takahashi is an incredible seller. I can't believe it, but right now, I think Takahashi is one of the most believable looking guys as the winner of G1.

also i see ring rust but it's not on Naito
secuencia-de-movimientos-entre-tetsuya-naito-y-kota-ibushi.gif

Ithil

I think one of my favourite things so far about NJPW is their rest spots. Instead of the crowd killing rest holds, their rest periods seems to be those spots where they trade slaps or forearms for a minute or so. Never a break for those guys.

I really want to see Shibata vs Ishii. Someone's face will be broken.

Yeah, that one promises to be pretty brutal. Shibata is awesome and I expect him to bring the best out of Ishii, but he really doesn't pull his punches. I'm kinda worried he'll hurt someone, lol, I mean;

ijJjBHwocvk5V.gif

strobogo said:
I want to see Finlay beat up the Young Bucks for 15 minutes.

I bet this would be all kinds of awesome. The Bucks hitting a bunch of crazy tag moves, only for Finlay to get back up and kick the shit out of them, Finlay no-selling superkick after superkick, etc.

Dragonzord said:
The Takahashi/Naito match was better than the Ibushi one.

Takahashi is an incredible seller.

I'll need to rewatch it, as it didn't really grab me the first time around. I think the Ibushi match was more memorable for me because of Naito acting like such a dick. I definitely like that side of his character more.

I think one of my favourite things so far about NJPW is their rest spots. Instead of the crowd killing rest holds, their rest periods seems to be those spots where they trade slaps or forearms for a minute or so. Never a break for those guys.

I love strike exchanges (obligatory Kobashi/Sasaki chop madness link; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=67hrSXt2zHQ), it's one of the biggest things I miss when watching WWE.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I'll need to rewatch it, as it didn't really grab me the first time around. I think the Ibushi match was more memorable for me because of Naito acting like such a dick. I definitely like that side of his character more.
It's great, but he doesn't really need to turn heel to do it. Ibushi is Tanahashi Jr. and Naito calls Tanahashi a goofball and fake, so he can still be a dick to Ibushi as a face.

but yeah, I see No Limit reforming in the near future, even if it's just for a little while.

Ithil

I feel the "fighting spirit" is done right in NJPW from what I can see. Instead of rolling my eyes when Davey Richards takes a triple tombstone then gets the burst of energy for a quadruple rotation axe smashing demolition driver then collapses, I feel myself getting all fired up when Suzuki or Goto or someone like that screams like a warrior and gets back up to take more punishment and eventually hit back.

I kind of got no sold by Noam Dar last night, I was pissed and he walked past and I went to say something and then forgot what I had to say, he kind of nodded awkwardly and carried on his way.

Anyway did anyone else cringe a bit at Paige's acting on NXT this week? She kind of sucks outside the ring

Ondore

Fave Five (WWE main roster):
1) Daniel Bryan
2) Antonio Cesaro
3) CM Punk
4) AJ
5) Damien Sandow

Fave Five (NXT):
1) Sami Zayn
2) Adrian Neville
3) Paige
4) Charlotte