• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin' |OT| starring Bryan Danielson & John Cena in a worked reality show

HOLY SHIT; Dave Mastiff vs Michael Elgin, Revolution-Pro, October 19th.

HkrAVtu.jpg

Fuuuuuuck, that match is going to be brutal. Two of the biggest, toughest dudes in wrestling. I predict a slugfest.

Ishii vs Shibata gets ALL THE STARS. All of them. Fucking RIDICULOUS match, loved every minute of it. Just a really brutal, hard-hitting contest. No fucking about, just pure strong style.

HOLY SHIT. What a main event. Serious match of the year contender, along with Ishii vs Shibata. Go out of your way to watch both matches.

Results;

Toru Yano defeated Yujiro Takahashi with a low blow & roll-up
Karl Anderson defeated Hiroyoshi Tenzan with the Gun Stun
Shelton Benjamin made Yuji Nagata submit to the heel hook
Davey Boy Smith Jr. defeated Satoshi Kojima with a sit-out powerbomb
Tomohiro Ishii defeated Katsuyori Shibata with a brainbuster
Hirooki Goto defeated Lance Archer with the Goto-shiki cradle
Tetsuya Naito defeated Minoru Suzuki with the Stardust Press
Prince Devitt defeated Hiroshi Tanahashi with the Bloody Sunday
Togi Makabe defeated Kazuchika Okada with the King Kong Knee Drop
Shinsuke Nakamura defeated Kota Ibushi with the Boma-Ye

Nothing even approaching a bad match on today's card, even the Tenzan match was good! Loved Nakamura vs Ibushi and Ishii vs Shibata, while Goto vs Archer, Suzuki vs Naito, DBS Jr. vs Kojima, Makabe vs Okada & Devitt vs Tanahashi were all great matches too. I didn't think the Korakuen Hall show from day 2 would be bettered so quickly, but holy shit! Amazing.

Ayumi Kurihara had her retirement match today :(

Sad to see her go, but she had a good few years as one of the best joshi wrestlers in the world;

iqnzmd7KC9fGR.jpg

Please gif Nakamura's kick-out late in the match, and his stomps in the corner.

Sure thing man, I'll get to them once the VOD has downloaded.

BTW, for anyone looking to 'back up' the VOD, programs like Orbit, JDownloader or VSO Downloader should be able to grab the VOD from the Ustream website.

I'm about to do something silly.

How many days of G1 are left, and how long are the videos archived?

There's 5 days left and the videos are available until August 19th at midnight, Japanese time. The first two days are up on youtube, I believe.

which joshi promotions are currently worth watching? i've mostly watched ajw stuff but i'm looking to branch out.

Joshi's kinda hard to come by at the moment, but I'd say the best promotions are probably STARDOM or OZ Academy. I haven't seen any new JWP in ages, or Diana, Ice Ribbon, SENDAI Girls, etc. Here's a few fairly recent shows;

STARDOM - 04/29/13 - Champion Fiesta 2013 Ryogoku Cinderella
OZ Academy - 05/12/13 - Lollipop

I'm a big fan of classic AJW, JWP, LLPW, etc and, to be honest, the modern stuff isn't really a patch on that era, but there's still some good stuff, here and there.

Kaladin

Finally started watching G1 Climax. I've got a lot of wrasslin ahead of me this week. Good thing it's going to be another slow week at work.

I think he started off down in UPW with John Cena. Not sure if that's true or means anything.

I think him and Cena had some kind of friendship at some point but I dont know how close they where. Could have just been locker room bros.

Still its a damn shame he never got a run in the big league. Maybe someday. He is still on 34 but thats pretty old for a WWE signing these days.

Didnt he try last time his TNA contract was up but WWE didnt want to touch him for whatever reason? I hope he gets a run. I mean it would be worth it for the Punk / Bryan matches alone.

strobogo

Banned
Joe and Cena were good bros, and The Champ Is Here being used by both of them started from them listening to rap/freestyling while on road trips together. Then Cena became Cena and Joe became a sad guy who wrestles sometimes.

BKJest

There's a lot more where that came from. A few examples:
Super Jumbo Tsuruta (featuring amongst others Genichiro Tenryu as an army guy, Mighty Inoue as a panda and Mitsuo Momota as a princess)
One of the NOAH christmas specials featuring Misawa as the class teacher, the whole NOAH roster as the schoolboys and schoolgirls and Kobashi as the gym teacher.
Shin Nihon wrecking crew featuring Shinya Hashimoto, AKIRA and Jushin Liger along with ringboys Satoshi Kojima, Hiroyoshi Tenzan and Koji Kanemoto

Joe and Cena were good bros, and The Champ Is Here being used by both of them started from them listening to rap/freestyling while on road trips together. Then Cena became Cena and Joe became a sad guy who wrestles sometimes.

Is he still in a decent spot in TNA?

I dont watch TNA all that much but when I do I havent seen Joe in what seems like years.

That debut was so very awful.

Why the fuck should I give a shit about these washed up cans taking roster spots from legitimate wrestlers? Fuck off, TNA.

Aiii

So not worth it
I have absolutely zero interest to see Ortiz, Rampage and King Mo take up screen time.

It's not like they'll have many matches, most of their time they'll be off TV training for Bellator anyways. I watch wrestling to watch wrestlers wrestle, oddly enough. Instead we get second rate MMA fighters, retirement age hasbeens. Various family members like Garrett Bischoff, Brooke Hogan and Wes Brisco that have neither the talent or skill to warrant a TV spot. And a bunch of WWE that are years past their prime or addicted to drugs and alcohol and in need of employement where they don't care if you show up pissed beynd belief.

Fuck this company, I hope they die soon so somebody more competent can get their TV deal.

Update on BJ Whitmer from PWInsider;

When Whitmer took the piledriver on the apron outside the ring at last night' ROH show, he lost feeling in his right leg and arm as that side of his body went completely numb.

After several minutes, as he was being checked out by EMTs and Davey Richards (who is an EMT), Whitmer began to get feeling back in the right side of his body.
He gave the crowd a thumbs up side with his right hand as he was carried out.

Whitmer underwent a series of tests and X-Rays came back showing that he did not have any fractures. The current belief is that he ruptured a disc in his back. He will be undergoing additional testing today and ROH will re-book his flight back to Ohio once he is released from the hospital.

Whitmer has full feeling and movement in his back and was actually out of the hospital bed this morning under his own power. He noted the entire thing was very scary and he's still got pain but there's no paralysis or severe injury.

Whitmer wanted to also note he was extremely thankful for the outpouring of concern from fans online and from everyone who's reached out to him overnight.

And a video of the incident;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rFfDa3xidsU

Whatever happened to WWE looking for a national network to show NXT? Was there any further news on that front, or is it just a pipe dream at this point? They NEED to get Smackdown on a better/more popular network than SyFy, if they want it to matter, but I think NXT could do very well for them, if they promote it correctly.

Top Bottom