• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin' |OT| starring Bryan Danielson & John Cena in a worked reality show

I just saw Cena's house. Wow... how does he even afford that? Didn't think WWE paid that well. That's a freaking mansion.

Also Bryan is modest as hell. He seems like the nicest guy to spend time with.

Aiii

So not worth it
Cena makes almost 3 million a year alone on salary. That's not counting the merchandising sales (which he gets an additional 6,25% over due to the sheer amount of shit he sells as well) and perks like first class flying and accommodation.

Aiii

So not worth it
According to reports, the storyline on episode two of the WWE Total Divas reality show this past Sunday where Eva Marie lied about her background as a dancer in the hopes that she’d be selected as Fandango’s on-air dancer, was almost completely scripted.

It is widely known that Stephanie McMahon is almost impossible to get a hold of on Monday’s, due to her WWE behind-the-scenes responsibilities. However, Stephanie claimed she would make time if the Total Divas crew came up with a good storyline for the show. This led to her involvement in the aforementioned Eva Marie/Fandango dancing drama, where she scolded Marie for lieing during a sit-down office meeting filmed for the show. According to reports, Eva Marie didn’t know Stephanie was in character during the meeting, which resulted in the real tears we saw on the show.

It’s interesting to note that while WWE talent are aware that Total Divas is scripted, word from Monday’s RAW this week following the airing of episode two is that Eva Marie is “passionately hated.” Apparently the only person on the Total Divas cast that is viewed as coming off worse than Marie is Ariane, who performs under the ring name “Cameron” as one-half of the Funkadactyls in WWE. One source inside WWE said, “Cameron is an idiot, but everyone in the company already knows that so it’s nothing new.”

Aiii

So not worth it
tumblr_mrarq3WIid1rjw48xo1_500.gif

Striker

15 Luchador Battle Royal Winner Faces Chris Jericho

Jericho does the intro. He makes shits all over all of them. Here are the gifs. Some new people I don't remember, jobbers, and NO LA PARKA. How strange. Johnny Swinger, Marty Janetty, but no La Parka. There actually aren't many interesting things before it got down to just a few people. It comes down to Juvi and Ciclope. They shake hands and Juvi jumps over the ropes. Ciclope unmasks to reveal DEAN MALENKO to a pop that Cena would be jealous of.

ibwLdII9moneAi.gif

Dean Malenko vs Chris Jericho WCW Cruiserweight Championship

Crowd is HYPE to see Dean get his revenge. Dean is beating dat ass. Jericho comes back with a nasty hot shot. Jericho follows with a senton, stalling suplex, and Lionsault. They do a series of reversals that ends in the underhook backbreaker. Dean comes back with an Achilles lock, but Jericho gets out of the ring. He comes back with a flying back elbow. Jericho goes for a super rana, but gets caught with the super gut buster. That was the first move I made when the Smackdown games allowed for corner create a moves. He locks in the cloverleaf. NEW CHAMPION! Fans pop huge. Dean has done it! He finally has his revenge from the months of Jericho being a fucking cock towards him and his family.
Loved this Dean-Jericho stuff.

The big pop withstanding, the two put on an amazing match. One of my favorites from Dean being the top rope gutbuster. Stuff like this is why pro wrestling in the late 90's was at the top if its game.

BKJest

I hope Ishii gets through those two weeks unscathed. Another brutal war with Makabe. And save two big botches another helluva match.

Rainmakaaaaaaaaaaaa;

ibfLDpXhdDbK1d.gif

Results;

YOSHI-HASHI & Takashi Iizuka defeated Captain New Japan & KUSHIDA
Davey Boy Smith Jr. defeated Prince Devitt with the Bulldog Bomb
Karl Anderson defeated Yujiro Takahashi with the Gun Stun
Lance Archer defeated Satoshi Kojima with the Blackout
Shelton Benjamin defeated Toru Yano with the Ankle Lock
Togi Makabe defeated Tomohiro Ishii with the King Kong Kneedrop
Minoru Suzuki defeated Kota Ibushi with the Gotch-style piledriver
Tetsuya Naito defeats Shinsuke Nakamura with the Stardust Press
Kazuchika Okada vs Hiroshi Tanahashi went to a time-limit draw!

Standings;

Block A -
1. Katsuyori Shibata [10]
-. Davey Boy Smith Jr. [10]
-. Togi Makabe [10]
4. Hiroshi Tanahashi [9]
-. Kazuchika Okada [9]
6. Prince Devitt [8]
7. Satoshi Kojima [6]
-. Tomohiro Ishii [6]
-. Lance Archer [6]
x. Hirooki Goto [8]

Block B -
1. Minoru Suzuki [10]
-. Karl Anderson [10]
-. Shinsuke Nakamura [10]
4. Yuji Nagata [8]
-. Yujiro Takahashi [8]
-. Kota Ibushi [8]
-. Tetesuya Naito [8]
-. Shelton Benjamin [8]
-. Toru Yano [6]
x. Hiroyoshi Tenzan [6]

Another great show all-round, DBS Jr. vs Devitt, Archer vs Kojima, Makabe vs Ishii, Suzuki vs Ibushi, Nakamura vs Naito & Okada vs Tanahashi are all very much worth a watch. Can't wait for the finals tomorrow!

strobogo

Banned
I saw the report on the CBS Evening News last night about this 90 some year old woman with dementia in a nursing home who had big bruises all over her when her family visited, so they set up a nanny cam. It caught staff physically jerking her clothes off/on against her will, slamming her on the bed, and even slapping her in the face. There were a few other videos from other families of similar abuses. It was worse than all of Natsaaay's deathmatch gifs combined. Might have been one of the most awful things I've ever seen in my life. It bummed me out so much. I can't stop thinking about it. I even had a dream about it.

Then they gave the rankings for worst states for nursing home violations/abuses and Indiana was in the bottom 3, which made me feel worse since my grandparents don't have too many more years before they need to be in a home.

beanman25

Me, as long as I don't drink too much and oversleep - here's the times;

15:00 Japan | 08:00 Europe | 07:00 UK | 02:00 East Coast | 01:00 Central | 23:00 West Coast

Alright, awesome. I'm in then.

I'll sleep some before, then sleep for a couple of hours after. But I truly wouldn't be surprised if I just didn't sleep at all.

Jamie OD

Today was a great New Japan show. The second half is probably the strongest series of matches New Japan or anyone has booked this year. Psyched for tomorrow's finale, it's been more than worthwhile watching the entire thing.

mouserat

Neo Member
was doing some random eBay shopping earlier and came across this awesome Stone Cold Steve Austin gym bag, thought you guys might like it.

$(KGrHqF,!iEE6G3fC!8bBOnJzHY+,!~~60_12.JPG

strobogo

Banned
WWE.com's gifs are hilariously bad. I mean, Gif Cam is really, really easy to use and make pretty decent quality gifs. There is no reason that my gifs from 15 year old VHS tapes should have a better frame rate and picture quality to them than the ones on a website of a billion dollar, public traded company who has all of their footage from the source and in HD.

somedevil

So any new matches confirmed from SD last night?

For Summerslam? Well here is the current card:

- WWE champion John Cena vs. Daniel Bryan for the WWE Title.

- C.M. Punk vs. Brock Lesnar (w/Paul Heyman).

- World Hvt. champion Alberto Del Rio vs. Christian for the World Title.

- Cody Rhodes vs. Damien Sandow.

- Kane vs. Bray Wyatt Inferno match

- Dolph Ziggler & Kaitlyn vs. Big E. Langston & Divas champion A.J. Lee.

Well they have 1 or 2 matches left for the main card and a preshow match card.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I think I'm coming around to Stro's side that WCW 1999 is worse than anything in 2000.

2000 is at least an entertaining train wreck with on camera Russo, belts swapping up to twice a night, PK, scripted shoots, etc.

1999 (Well really everything after Starrcade 1998) is just boring and bad.

Awesome, apparently the random tag match tomorrow between the G1 block matches and the finals has been changed to;

Kazushi Sakuraba, Akebono &
Kota Ibushi
vs CHAOS (
Tomohiro Ishii
, Takashi Iizuka & YOSHI-HASHI)

Ishii facing off against Sakuraba, Akebono & Ibushi should be awesome! Fuck YOSHI-HASHI, though. Surely the most useless member of New Japan's roster

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Awesome, apparently the random tag match tomorrow between the G1 block matches and the finals has been changed to;

Kazushi Sakuraba, Akebono &
Kota Ibushi
vs CHAOS (
Tomohiro Ishii
, Takashi Iizuka & YOSHI-HASHI)

Ishii facing off against Sakuraba, Akebono & Ibushi should be awesome! Fuck YOSHI-HASHI, though. Surely the most useless member of New Japan's roster

this is what I am staying awake for!

I love twitter

Two uk guys seem to have had a falling out tonight

Kris Travis said he had been prancing around fake fighting and Rampage Brown told him to respect the business more

I can't work out if its fake or not as they are good mates but now I want to see Rampage kill him at the next PCW event

Watched Total Divas...I may have actually enjoyed it. John Cena and my man DBry hanging out together is weird. I don't know how showing this side of Cena to the world is going to work out in the long run but it makes him seem like less of a douche.

Also, I laughed at this:
And, yes, the number is better than the average viewership TNA garners for its flagship show, Impact, on Spike TV.
http://www.cagesideseats.com/wwe/2013/8/6/4594450/total-divas-ratings-up-from-premiere-episode-on-e

LOL, TNA

Based on the lineup for tonight's G1 Finals, here's what I see going down:

1. The most intriguing matchup from a booking perspective is Lance Archer vs. Davey Boy Smith Jr, as both are tag team partners, and Smith needs one win to get at least a share of the Block A championship. I'm assuming he'll try and get Archer to lay down for him, but Archer won't, and eventually win the match (let's be honest, as good as he is, DBS Jr is not getting into the G1 Climax finals), which will lead to dissention between the KES, and perhaps an eventual face turn for Archer.

2. I expect Makabe, Shibata, and Okada to all lose, giving Tanahashi a spot in the finals (duh)

3. As for block B, they're booking it so all the block B matches come first, so I can see two guys coming out of there, likely Nakamura and Suzuki. I expect to see Nakamura win that one, giving us a rekindling of the Tanahashi/Nakamura rivalry. I'd like to see Nakamura win to give us the very intriguing Nakamura/Okada match down the line, but Tanahashi will probably win and do the whole briefcase thing to lead to Tanahashi/Okada 6 at Wrestle Kingdom 8.

Top Bottom