• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin' |OT| starring Bryan Danielson & John Cena in a worked reality show

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I dunno, I can't see Tanahashi getting it again, not with so many others who could benefit MORE from it.

I could see Tanahashi vs Nakamura happening, but I'm rooting for Shibata vs Nakamura. I can't see them having a tie-break finish for Block B, so realistically it's between Nakamura, Suzuki & Anderson. I would like to see Suzuki in the final, but I think Nakamura's taking it. As for Block A, I think Okada will lose to Kojima, Makabe will lose to Devitt, Davey Boy loses to Archer and then Shibata beats Tanahashi in the final block match of the tournament.

Looking ahead, I want to say they're building to Okada vs Nakamura at the dome. That would be a pretty special main event. I can see KES feuding (after Archer costs DBS Jr. the G1), then the winner getting a random title shot before the Dome for beating Okada in the G1 (likewise with Ishii, Kojima if he wins tomorrow and Shibata if he loses tomorrow). I could see Naito going after Nakamura's IC title in the near future (although Suzuki & Anderson could also get shots) and maybe Bullet Club feuding with GBH.

*edit, wow, high praise from Meltzer for Okada vs Tanahashi;

"Tanahashi vs. Okada is the current equivalent of Thesz vs. O'Connor, Jack Brisco vs. Dory Funk Jr. and Ric Flair vs. Ricky Steamboat."

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Both Meltzer and John Pollock from the LAW have done a lot for NJPW this year, I've been pleased to see especially Pollock from the LAW covering each day of the G1. Hoping to get people more involved.

Kaladin

Talking about the depth of talent in the indies, Shane Strickland is a guy I wouldn't be surprised to see show up on NXT eventually. I wish he would catch on with Dragon Gate or ROH before though, he needs a bigger audience than CZW provides.

Here's a clip of his match from Best of the Best...Shane Strickland is in the Sprite colored tights.

CZW Best of the Best XII [DVD Preview] Rich Swann vs. Alex Colon vs. Shane Strickland (1st Round)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1blPXKrhcfo

Entropia

No One Remembers
Both Meltzer and John Pollock from the LAW have done a lot for NJPW this year, I've been pleased to see especially Pollock from the LAW covering each day of the G1. Hoping to get people more involved.

Shame Meltzer got banned from GAF. He could've brought GWF to the worldwide spotlight.

BRWTyStCMAAJWdp.jpg

That shirt

Kaladin

How was WSU? I totally forgot that it was tonight.

Missed most of it because my internet was out....only caught the uncensored rumble which was a lazy and uninspired diva battle royal.

However, CZW has been a great show...

Drew Gulak just defeated Masada to end a 17 month title reign. He made Masada tap to a sub that was a combo of a figure four and an ankle lock.

They're taking intermission to set up Tangled Web 6 now.

Highlights:

Masada vs Drew Gulak
AR Fox vs Andrew Everett
4 Loco's AZRIEAL & BANDIDO JR v. the Beaver Boys ALEX REYNOLDS & JOHN SILVER
The Osirian Portal vs BLK OUT

They're showing a classic CZW title match now, Jon Moxley vs Nick Gage vs Ego Fantastico.....Moxley just cut Gage open with a pizza cutter.....it's Bootaaayrific.

strobogo

Banned
WCW Monday Nitro 5/18/98

This is a special hour long episode before the NBA Finals. There will be another one hour show after the games, but I don't believe it is included in this pack. Oh well.

Hall turned on Nash, Sting is a tag champion with an nWo member, and he has to make his choice on joining tonight.

The show starts with Bischoff in the ring, on his bike, with a crown on. Because he "defeated" Vince McMahon last night. He talks about his ratings records (98-2) and wrestling record (2-0). I think he was saying he was retiring or something. I really don't know.

TO THE MEAN GENE
. He introduces the Nitro Girls, one at a time, again. They only have an hour for this show, this seems like a big waste.

TO THE SATURN.
Footage of Saturn shitting all over Glacier again.

Saturn vs Hypnosis

This mini-fued is over the fact that Glacier thinks he has the only valid super kick. Tony said that Saturn "literally kicked the head right off the shoulders of Glacier" with his kick. That year in the WWF really stuck with Tony. Saturn literally beats the shit out of him for the first minute and a half. Hypno then bumps him to the floor and hits a literal suicide dive. Saturn gets back in the ring and hits a half nelson suplex, super kick, DVD, and Rings of Saturn. He literally broke Hypnosis in half.

iHXZt77x1I1hW.gif

iVtGk1YJq7ZQX.gif

Recap of Bret vs Savage.

TO THE MEAN GENE
. He brings Piper to the ring. He says he never wants to be a ref again. He is mad that Savage hit him in the back of the head...which didn't happen. Bret hit Piper. You'd think he'd watch the match back or someone could have told him. He demands Savage come out, and he does. Piper says he's not the kind of guy to apologize, but if he were, this would be the time of when he apologizes, but he isn't the kind of guy to apologize so he isn't apologizing. But then he says he watched the film and knows that Bret hit him and Hogan also interfered. He changes the result to Savage via DQ. Bret comes out and says they're both gutless. Savage wants a rematch. Piper will ref. Even though he said he never wants to ref again. Hogan and Bischoff come out to stop Bret. Hogan proposes Hogan/Hart vs Piper/Savage at the Great American Bash. Piper wants it now. Hulk agrees. Bischoff "stops" them from hitting the ring.

TO THE SLAMBOREE. Gene caught up with Dean Malenko after his title win. He forgives Gene for being a cunty old man. Winning the championship was just the start of his quest for revenge against Jericho. We also caught up with Jericho throwing a fit in the back after his loss.

Juventud Guerrera vs Damian 666

Damian is weird and they don't mesh well at all. He ducks a Juvi baseball slide and sends him into the steps. He then does a shitty dropkick off the apron. Juvi comes back with a flying head scissors. Juvi goes back up top and gets straddled. Muscle buster! Juvi comes right back with a Juvi Driver. Damian kicks out. Juvi hits a 435 or so, landing feet/knees first on the 450 for the win.

ixfxWw0utODfU.gif

iAASG89Z8wYWN.gif

Goldberg vs Glacier WCW US Championship

Goldberg apparently challenged Karl Malone on some radio show. Another big squash. Glacier fucked up a kip up, messing up the kip up to spear spot. Stalling jackhammer for the win.

iOBZAtqBLj6oT.gif

TO THE MEAN GENE
. He brings DDP to the ring. DDP comes out quoting Dick Murdoch. Now that he's put Raven to rest, he's coming for Hogan.

nWo Hollywood come to the ring to find out Sting's decision. Well, I thought so, but it was just a chance for Hogan to rant for 4 minutes and bring Scott Hall out. Then they ask for Sting to come out, with about a minute left in the show. Giant meets Sting in the aisle. Sting spits in his face. Giant then literally mauls Sting to death. Kevin Nash comes out and stands over Sting with a pipe to end the abbreviated show.

Kaladin

Nick Gage was really good at what he did. He was an awesome, intense deathmatch guy....much better than most of the deathmatch guys they have in CZW now. It's a shame he had to go and rob a bank.

Kaladin

They should have a meeting with shows like this and tell people that they shouldn't even go for pinfalls before using all of the stage elements in these special matches. No one is going to believe a pinfall when they haven't touched the scaffolding set-up yet....or the weird wooden structure laced with barbed wire.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Tryyyying to stay awake, don't wanna miss tonight. I'm so damn old.

Kaladin

Tangled Web 6 was insane as expected. Great set-piece plunder match as you'd expect from CZW. Nation of Intoxication is standing strong. That was a good appetizer for Cage of Death.

Ithil

We're one match in and it's great!

Nagata gets his mouth busted, his response is to spit out a load of blood like Triple sprays water.

This is way too hype.

I don't even know what to say. Wow.

EDIT: Lance Archer vs. Davey Boy Jr. in the G1. I'm happy that both of these guys are getting pushed and look to be having fun. Talk about 2 workers absolutely wasted in the US.

Top Bottom