• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin' |OT| starring Bryan Danielson & John Cena in a worked reality show

somedevil

Man, I bet Bryan was wishing he was not on this show right now. Also, JoJo was basically dating this guy:

Pt25mcH.jpg

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Word. These matches have been great so far.

G1 Climax Fav Five so far:

1) Karl Anderson
2) Prince Devitt
3) Katsuyori Shibata
4) Kazuchika Okada
5) Shinsuke Nakamura

No Ishii

Really

It's like I dont know you anymore. Get rid of that TRASH Devitt!

Good call on KA, he's dope. The true mastermind of the Bullet Club.

No Ishii

Really

It's like I dont know you anymore. Get rid of that TRASH Devitt!

Good call on KA, he's dope. The true mastermind of the Bullet Club.

DA REAL ROCK N ROLLA

I DON'T GIVE A FUCK

lol he's hilarious to me. I love it.

Yeah man, KA is so good. So is Ibushi. Tanahashi. Goto. Ishii.

Yup. NJPW is my favorite fed atm.

gurudyne

So, catching up on this week's NXT and Smackdown:

How is the Emma arm thing over?

Progression. I didn't see the start of it, but from what I hear, she showed up on an episode doing the weird dance and failing to enter the ring with the second-rope-flip-in. She stuck with the clutzy gimmick and added to it naturally (dancing through bubbles provided by the crowd and using the dance to pop them, slowly making progress with the flip-in until she could do it consistently albeit with some trouble, doing her dance in ring when she's using a move that leaves her arms free.) It's entertaining as hell because she's so good at incorporating new things that seem on the fly and it keeps the act from getting old.

strobogo

Banned
Only terrible parents would allow Bo Dallas to get that close to their child. They should be arrested for taking a picture of it. It might as well be child pron.

Hmm...I might have to watch Total Divas next week.

I think it's the one with Nattie in her lingerie finally.

Watch it.

It's a show that knows exactly what it is and does it extremely well.

Also, all the shots of "JoJo" and "Eva Marie" seem to be post production shots whenever there are crowd cuts at the "shows".

still need to watch the G-1 finals.

All I gonna say is Ishii vs Shibata was 5* greatness.

I have been a big fan of Ishii for long time now, guys brings the heat every time and his hard hitting love of pro-wrestling is fantastic. Hope NJPW give him some kind of push as he deserves it.

Him and Shibata beat the crap out of each other. Thats the pro-wrestling I just love to watch!

Devitt and his bullet club can fcuk off to TNA ASAP. I am getting sick of watching his matches. All the interference and ref bumps are horrible NJPW need to stop this BS.

strobogo

Banned
Devitt sounds like he's getting less X-Pac heat and more Jeff Jarrett 2000-2006 heat. Double J heat is way worse than X-Pac heat.

jred2k

Yeah I haven't seen too many Devitt matches, but the ref bumping, distractions, and interference get really tiresome to me. I also dread matches going outside the ring for the most part. There is such a huge number of camera men around ringside and it gets so crowded. The wrestlers always seem like they're waiting for someone to get out of the way.

It's funny, Devitt seems to be getting total X-Pac heat from a lot of western fans, but it's not like the Japanese fans are booing him on sight. They're booing whenever the Bullet Club interferes, but he's not getting 'go away' heat by any means. The only thing I have a problem with is the Jr. Heavyweight title - they need to figure out a way to get it off him, fast.

Man, who knew Cameron had a yeast infection during that match?

Do you guys see these easter eggs that Total Divas provide? Every fan of wrestling needs to watch this show.

antonz

funny they can cut a match last minute in the middle of wrestlemania but cant alter a match hours before raw when one is that sick lol

mouserat

Neo Member
did that match actually air? I got the impression they were dark matches filmed for the reality show so they could incorporate TD storylines without interfering with kayfabe shows.

Aiii

So not worth it
I still think Total Divas is fucking amazing for anyone not in the know. It's quite fun, but then Jo-Jo goes "I want to be on the main roster, but this concussion is ruining my training" and I'm like, bitch, even the actual wrestlers spend years in developmental before they even get a chance on the main roster. And those are people that actually know what they're doing.

If I didn't know this, I'd be like OH-EM-GEE, SHE IS LIKE TOTALLY NOT MAKING THE MAIN ROSTER ANYMORE I AM SO SAD RIGHT NOW, LIKE FOR REAL! (This is how I imagine a regular E! viewer talks. Also, they always shout.)

strobogo

Banned
wcw1998.tumblr.com

WCW Thunder 5/21/98

TO THE SCHIAVONE. After the ending of Nitro, with Sting declining to join the nWo and Kevin Nash saving him from a beat down, Tony brings out The Giant for his response. He comes out wearing both titles, and then makes Tony hold them. Tony was so short and fat. I don't think you ever really noticed while he was at the desk, but when he was standing, he was a short fat fuck. He looks way better today. Giant insists that he and Sting just had a disagreement and Sting is 100% nWo. Lex comes out. Security comes out, but he says it's cool. He had a match for tonight, but he suggests he and Giant have the main event tonight. Giant asks Lex to join the nWo. Lex spits in his face. This makes the luchador security hit the ring and Giant kills them all.

The Cat vs Yuji Nagata

Feels like Cat hasn't been around for a while. They had an interesting match last time. Early kick combo from Nagata. Cat comes back with a dragon screw and drop kick. Cat gets dumped to the floor, where Sonny Ono takes some shots at him. Yuji puts on some knee bars. Cat tries a comeback, but he's got a bad paw. Some weird DVD/powerslam thing from Cat. Looked like shit. What he needs to do is use his MOOEY TIE kicks. A front leg back kick roundhouse, perhaps. Cat's leg is dead. SWERVE! He hits a jumping kick from the top. He was playing opossum! Cat wins.

Recap of the Jericho/Malenko post match responses.

Chris Jericho vs Super Calo

Jericho's first time in the ring not as the champ since January I believe. He claims what happened to him was a conspiracy on the level of JFK's assassination. He demands JJ to come out. JJ no shows, because he's scared of THE TRUTH. He proves that Dean's name wasn't on the list of battle royal competitors, so he couldn't have lost a match to Dean. He wants his belt back. He attacks Calo as soon as he enters the ring. Jericho hits a KILLER release German suplex that sadly had a bad angle and VOICE OF MIKE TENAY text in the way. He misses the Lionsault. Calo tries his own moonsault, but botches hard. Jericho wins with the Liontamer.

ibrtYCA69fYIMK.gif

ibnSUJavvLdg3j.gif

A recap of the Mortis/Raven angle over the past few months.

Raven comes to the ring with his riot guards. I hope he made sure he knew who they were this time. He's here to talk about Saturn not wanting to be in The Flock and how selfish he is for it. Raven got him his job in Bob's Wire City and WCW. Saturn comes out and says his loyalty isn't at question, but that Raven is drunk with power. He claims that he's never been a member of the Flock, but is Raven's friend. And as friends, Raven won't be bossing Saturn around again. Raven says he's sorry. Now he's calling out Mortis. A guy who looks similar to Kanyon comes out holding a Mortis mask. The riot squad attack him. Then a fan in a blond wig jumped in the ring and hit the Flatliner. BANG! SWERVE! It was Mortis! He then high tails it to the back before the Flock can get him.

ibsrQ4FiJzFcHk.gif

Jim Neidhart vs Fit Finlay WCW TV Championship

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. Finlay wins and WCW is STILL spelling Anvil's name wrong. It's only been 5 months and they still spell his name Niedhart. It's Neidhart.

iVHMk51Zh8s7Z.gif

TO THE SCHIAVONE. He was trying to bring Booker T out, who is next in line for a shot at Finlay. Benoit comes out instead. He doesn't even like it when black people SPEAK. He wants JJ to come out. Booker comes out instead. Benoit attacks him from behind like the racist asshole he is. Stevie Ray comes out to tell Book to stand up and stop acting like A PUNK ASS SUCKA.

Brian Adams vs Jim Duggan

WCW can STICK IT, brother.

Hammer vs Saturn

Neither guy is in the Flock now, but they still hate each other. No one cares about Hammer. Was he really under contract from like 1991 until they decided to use him again in 1997? That makes more sense to me than someone deciding to call him up and rehire him years later. It would absolutely make total sense to me that WCW would forget they had a a shitty guy under contract for 5 years and decided they had to use him once they remembered. Raven Evenflows Hammer. Saturn didn't like it. He wins with the DVD.

ibtk1uGC6dv4e1.gif

Rick Rude comes to the ring. Dude changes his hair and facial hair every week. He introduces the next WCW US Champion, Curt Hennig. I guess this means Rick Rude has also joined the Wolfpac. He doesn't actually pick a side, but says he will stick by Curt Hennig forever and the colors you'll see with them are black and blue. Perfect calls Goldberg the biggest MARK he's ever seen. He challenges Goldberg for a fight right now. They start counting, but then decide that the match should happen at the GAB. Tony lets us know that Goldberg wasn't in the building that night.

Juventud Guerrera vs WHOREASS

Man, killing me here, guys. Horace, Hammer, Anvil, Crush, Duggan. WHOREASS wins after Reese interferes.

Recap of Hogan/Hart vs Savage/Piper being set up.

Savage comes to the ring. Shit is going to get crazy in that tag match. He'll even fight Piper if need be. In fact, he wants a match with Piper after the tag match, and he's going to slap the shit out of Piper. "You call yourself an icon. I don't even know what that word means. Is it a bird? Like the dodo bird? A species that doesn't exist anymore?" Wat.

TO THE GUERREROS. Chavo tries to translate for Mama Guerrero. Eddie interrupts and says she was saying that Eddie is the best and she's really proud of him.

Chavo Guerrero Jr. vs Dean Malenko WCW Cruiserweight Champonship

Chavo seems really into pumping up Eddie, which is weirding Eddie out big time. This is Dean's first match on TV in 2 months. Chavo is on fire. Maybe Dean has ring rust, but Chavo is all over him. Eddie doesn't know what to think anymore. Chavo is countering everything. He didn't reverse a brainbustaah. Dean awkwardly counters the tornado DDT into the Tayhas Cloverleaf for the win. Eddie browbeats Chavo again after the match. Chavo gives him a kiss...and then decks him! SWERVE!

iTImsNTeMDkyX.gif

ibuarERnseyVQI.gif

The Giant vs Lex Luger

Bogus Sting came out and distracted Lex. The match was thrown out, but Giant was able to hit the chokeslam. Bogus Sting hasn't been around in a long time.

did that match actually air? I got the impression they were dark matches filmed for the reality show so they could incorporate TD storylines without interfering with kayfabe shows.
Nope that was a real match on Superstars they just slowed it down and showed the same couple of scenes from different camera angles lots of zoom ins too

Top Bottom