• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin' |OT| starring Bryan Danielson & John Cena in a worked reality show

strobogo

Banned
The Nattie/Bella match from 2 weeks ago was really solid. I was very surprised at how good, rough, and competitive it was. It's really weird that one Bella is getting thinner and thinner, but the other is getting bigger. Or maybe she's staying the same (minus new boobs) and just looks bigger since the other one is getting smaller.

ibrtYCA69fYIMK.gif

fantastic.

jred2k

The Nattie/Bella match from 2 weeks ago was really solid. I was very surprised at how good, rough, and competitive it was. It's really weird that one Bella is getting thinner and thinner, but the other is getting bigger. Or maybe she's staying the same (minus new boobs) and just looks bigger since the other one is getting smaller.

Part of the Total Divas next week is about how she eats like a pig and is getting called fat on Twitter. John Cena can afford dessert and I think thats enabling her.

I am getting really hyped for SummerSlam guys.

Like Money in the Bank 2011 levels of hyped.

Don't worry, theres a new Raw on tonight. As much as I've enjoyed most Raws the past couple months, the go-home shows have been pretty poor at advancing anything or building any extra hype. Its gonna be a lot of video packages of shit you've seen a hundred times if you watch Raw and Smackdown.

strobogo

Banned
Part of the Total Divas next week is about how she eats like a pig and is getting called fat on Twitter. John Cena can afford dessert and I think thats enabling her.

Don't worry, theres a new Raw on tonight. As much as I've enjoyed most Raws the past couple months, the go-home shows have been pretty poor at advancing anything or building any extra hype. Its gonna be a lot of video packages of shit you've seen a hundred times if you watch Raw and Smackdown.

Oh. So the other one is staying the same size, but one is getting bigger? I had it backwards? WHAT A SWERVE!

Aiii

So not worth it

Doesn't really matter I think. Bryan vs. Cena has my hyped no matter what, it's like with Punk at MitB or when Benoit got his WM shot. Stuff like that just gets me going.

Plus the other matches on the card aren't bad either. Very excited for Punk vs. Lesnar and Wyatt vs. Kane. And looking forward to the other three matches as well.

It's gonna be a good show regardless of Raw.

Aiii

So not worth it
do you guys really watch the Divas show? i assume you don't, you're just messing around, right?

... right?

So what you are saying is you'll watch poorly acted soap opera by half naked sweaty guys, but a reality soap opera with equaly poor acting by hot women is where you draw the line?

Oh. So just the half naked sweaty men hugging? Gotcha.

i see what you're trying to do and it's sad. your talent truly resides in stanning AJ.

but yeah, i only enjoy the wrestling part of, you know, pro-wrestling. i guess i have nothing in common with modern wrestling fans. peace.

jred2k

Last night they implied that Naomi was mad at her Uso boyfriend, so she gave him an unscripted hurricanrana. Cameron also decides her yeast infection is the best way to say hello to a locker room full of women.

Great television.

Aiii

So not worth it
i see what you're trying to do and it's sad. your talent truly resides in stanning AJ.

but yeah, i only enjoy the wrestling part of, you know, pro-wrestling. i guess i have nothing in common with modern wrestling fans. peace.

It's okay, it's just a bit weird for any pro-wrestling fan to be judgemental of what other people will or won't watch, isn't it?

strobogo

Banned
Last night they implied that Naomi was mad at her Uso boyfriend, so she gave him an unscripted hurricanrana. Cameron also decides her yeast infection is the best way to say hello to a locker room full of women.

Great television.

I feel like a shoot frankensteiner isn't that bad of a deal for the Uso. She could have given him a shoot kick to the dick instead of putting her goods in his face.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
do you guys really watch the Divas show? i assume you don't, you're just messing around, right?

... right?

I watched 1 and a half episodes and it's interesting but not good. Keep in mind I love shit-shows like Flavor of Love and I Love New York so my taste is suspect.

It's okay, it's just a bit weird for any pro-wrestling fan to be judgemental of what other people will or won't watch, isn't it?

Nope. That's not a card we're allowed to play. I turn up my nose at those fuckers who watch their pedo masturbathon pony shit. I don't get DQed because I can appreciate men wrestling.

BFIB

I am getting really hyped for SummerSlam guys.

Like Money in the Bank 2011 levels of hyped.

Same here.

When I get hyped for a PPV, I actually do the matches in my head to see if the actual match plays out the same way. Anyone else do this?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Also I don't feel that watching wrestling automatically means you approve of every aspect of it. I'm not up for championing Mr. McMahon's Kiss My Ass Club segments as something I want to be seen watching. It's not a package deal, folks!

Also I don't feel that watching wrestling automatically means you approve of every aspect of it. I'm not up for championing Mr. McMahon's Kiss My Ass Club segments as something I want to be seen watching. It's not a package deal, folks!

yep. i hate promos and backstage segments and everything in the business that's not the matches and pre-match brawls.

XenoRaven

I can understand the argument that wrestling fans don't have a lot of authority when it comes to judging other people's entertainment choices.

But I would like to point out that Total Divas features characters who appear on the wrestling show in what are called "bathroom break" segments by the fans, and stars two of the most insufferable, annoying characters of the bunch, who somehow get pushed on the wrestling show over people who are more talented than them both inside the ring and out.

Also as an old man aside, I don't know when the formula for successful TV became "act like a total bitch on a pretend reality show" but I can assure you I am not interested in seeing that.

strobogo

Banned
I would say most of wrestling, including the wrestling, are things I don't want non-wrestling fans to know I watch.

There have been 1 or 2 feuds per year over the last 10 years that I wouldn't be embarrassed for people to see. This year, I'd be cool with people seeing all of the Bork/Paul vs Punk stuff. But everything else? Probably not, except maybe a few of the matches where D-Bryne went HAM and fucked everyone up with elbows and kicking heads in. Last year would probably be the 2/3 falls Bryan/Sheamus match and Cena/Bork.

But 99% of wrestling I would hate for anyone to know I watch.

Except for old school stuff. Golden era and early 90s stuff seems to get a pass from everyone for some reason. Probably because Randy Savage and Warrior are awesome.

WWE 2K14 is gonna have a 30 Years of WM mode similar to the Attitude Era mode from 13.

http://kotaku.com/a-huge-roster-delivers-30-years-of-wrestlemania-to-ww-1108261943

I don't know if this was posted on the Gaming Side or not. There is currently a 7-page thread about Major Nelson's tweet about AA batteries. I'm thinking about not visiting Gaming Side anymore.

This sounds like Legends of Wrestlemania, but with the Smackdown engine. It's going to be really distracting to have I assume King/JR calling Savage vs Steamboat or something. I've always dreamed that you'd eventually be able to create a voice simulator for everyone, so games could have Gorilla and Brain calling all the action well into the future.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
WWE 2K14 is gonna have a 30 Years of WM mode similar to the Attitude Era mode from 13.

http://kotaku.com/a-huge-roster-delivers-30-years-of-wrestlemania-to-ww-1108261943

I don't know if this was posted on the Gaming Side or not. There is currently a 7-page thread about Major Nelson's tweet about AA batteries. I'm thinking about not visiting Gaming Side anymore.

Doooooope, good. Also fuck gaming side, buncha crybabbyz.

yep. i hate promos and backstage segments and everything in the business that's not the matches and pre-match brawls.

Depends, sometimes I enjoy a great promo or backstage segment. Without a doubt though my love of wrasslin' is in the ring. It shows with the NJPW show and everyone's that has been loving the G1 and other events. Very little fluff, almost everything is done in the ring. It's kind of 'proof' to me that at the end of the day, it's the wrestling that gets me every time.

Except for old school stuff. Golden era and early 90s stuff seems to get a pass from everyone for some reason. Probably because Randy Savage and Warrior are awesome.

I think a lot of people are of the mindset "well we were kids, so it's ok"

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
No Fave Five today, it's a WORST FIVE

UNFAVE FIVE WORST SEGMENTS IN RECENT HISTORY:

5. The Uso's debut
4. CM Punk's Nexus 'reboot'
3. Daniel Bryan is a "hot nerd"
2. TNA something something
1. Wade Barrett unveils The Corre

Remember when Big Show's "dad"'s coffin was dragged by Bossman? At the time is was absolutely despicable and people were ashamed. Now, people kinda...are okay with it and some people thought it rules. Time tempers the steel in our hearts.

strobogo

Banned
People weren't ready for that level of heeling from Boss Man. I wish someone would do something that heinous in today's PG world.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
People weren't ready for that level of heeling from Boss Man. I wish someone would do something that heinous in today's PG world.

I think we had more marks back then too. That may have been part of it.

I still wish for (since this is scripted) some truly evil people.

jred2k

UNFAVE FIVE WORST SEGMENTS IN RECENT HISTORY:

5. The Uso's debut
4. CM Punk's Nexus 'reboot'
3. Daniel Bryan is a "hot nerd"
2. TNA something something
1. Wade Barrett unveils The Corre

Remember when Big Show's "dad"'s coffin was dragged by Bossman? At the time is was absolutely despicable and people were ashamed. Now, people kinda...are okay with it and some people thought it rules. Time tempers the steel in our hearts.

Cena dumping shit on Ziggler and AJ was pretty terrible.

Depends, sometimes I enjoy a great promo or backstage segment. Without a doubt though my love of wrasslin' is in the ring. It shows with the NJPW show and everyone's that has been loving the G1 and other events. Very little fluff, almost everything is done in the ring. It's kind of 'proof' to me that at the end of the day, it's the wrestling that gets me every time.

i'm catching up to G1 now. blueprint of what every wrestling event should be.

reminds of this absolute stunning event:

NJPW/WCW - Starrcade 1991
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MKrowCW3-yA

DMczaf

"I'll go out on a limb and say my Wrestlemania match with the Ultimate Warrior might not make it into the greatest moments aspect of the '30 Years of Wrestlemania' history—although it was a phenomenal moment for me." Triple H said.

Why the fuck not!

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
i'm catching up to G1 now. blueprint of what every wrestling event should be.

reminds of this absolute stunning event:

NJPW/WCW - Starrcade 1991
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MKrowCW3-yA

That card is SO stacked. Truly a star-studded spectacle. You even get a Mr. Hughes match! Mr. Hughes!

I remember seeing pieces of this when I was younger especially, it made me feel like wrestling was truly an international sport. I was so into it, and an event like this made me feel like it was absolutely huuuuuuge.

Premium users only? I guess someone will have to tell us what it's like.

"Daniel Bryan, Daniel Bryan, Daniel Bryan, Daniel Bryan, Daniel Bryan, Daniel Bryan, Daniel Bryan, Daniel Bryan, etc."

Skip it.

I haven't listened to it. I don't even pay for wrestling itself, you think I'm going to pay to listen to a bunch of white guys (No offense, Bootaaay and 9/10th's of this thread) talk about wrestling? Nope.

Great television.

That first bit: Wait, REALLY?!

I remember watching that match and being all 'why all the sadfaces'

So silly

krae_man

Cena dumping shit on Ziggler and AJ was pretty terrible.

I remember that.

Ziggler: *says something about Cena*
Cena: What you just said is absolutely correct. I'm now going to call you full of crap and drop poop on you even though I just said you were right because LOL Poop.

UNFAVE FIVE WORST SEGMENTS IN RECENT HISTORY

Probably five segments that heavily involved the Bella Twins "acting".
Otherwise I have managed to blank out most of truly awful WWE segments in recent years, if I remember any i'll remind you all so you can suffer with me.

On a quick note of it's so bad it's good, The saga of Cena, Ryder, Kane and Eve. So many terrible segments leading to hilarious memories, I can't truly hate a feud that gave us Ryder inflating the tire for like 20 minutes, Cena's constipated angry face and the entire go home show for Elimination Chamber 2012 where the final hour just delves into pure insanity culminating in Ryder being wheeled off the stage.

strobogo

Banned
The burial of Zack Ryder was one of my favorite things in the past few years. He's a guy I thought I wanted pushed when he was in ECW, but then I realized that Vince was right and this guy was a fucking tool.

The burial of Zack Ryder was one of my favorite things in the past few years. He's a guy I thought I wanted pushed when he was in ECW, but then I realized that Vince was right and this guy was a fucking tool.

He's more successful than Mortis/Kanyon. Chew on that, toolbox.

Penguin

Top Bottom