• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin' |OT| starring Bryan Danielson & John Cena in a worked reality show

No Fave Five today, it's a WORST FIVE

UNFAVE FIVE WORST SEGMENTS IN RECENT HISTORY:

5. The Uso's debut
4. CM Punk's Nexus 'reboot'
3. Daniel Bryan is a "hot nerd"
2. TNA something something
1. Wade Barrett unveils The Corre

Remember when Big Show's "dad"'s coffin was dragged by Bossman? At the time is was absolutely despicable and people were ashamed. Now, people kinda...are okay with it and some people thought it rules. Time tempers the steel in our hearts.

Yeah, this plays desperately needs some more negativity

Also - how can you hate Punk telling Gabriel and Slater to beat each other to death with kendo sticks then threatening to swan dive off of the titantron himself?

Aiii

So not worth it
yikb.jpg

Jesus!

---
tpm7.jpg

This game is breaking kayfabe.

strobogo

Banned
He's more successful than Mortis/Kanyon. Chew on that, toolbox.

Maybe, but then again, Kanyon was pretty successful during the boom period. Even Thunder in 2000 got more viewers than Superstars and Ryder's YT show do now. But Kanyon was pretty big in 1998/1999, which pretty much makes him more successful than anyone post 2002 besides Cena/Punk/Bork.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
As horrible as it was, I -loved- how bad the Ryder/Cena/Eve/Kane feud was. It gave us so much good stuff, especially Cenasmirking.gif which is worth its weight in gold.

Maybe, but then again, Kanyon was pretty successful during the boom period. Even Thunder in 2000 got more viewers than Superstars and Ryder's YT show do now. But Kanyon was pretty big in 1998/1999, which pretty much makes him more successful than anyone post 2002 besides Cena/Punk/Bork.

Ryder has more than a million followers on Twitter, how many people signed Kanyon's guestbook on his Geocities page?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
No, that is right at the start of the game.

No fucking shit. Hot damn.

I TOLD YOU ALL WE WOULD TAKE THE WORLD BY STORM

LEGIT SHOOK IS THE NWO

WE ARE THE WORLD

And people were naysayers, people said "it'll never catch on"

Legit Shook 3:16 says I just got legit shook

OK, WTF!?

bmeia7J.png

I originally posted that there was no official definition months, if not years, ago. Djsandman tried to submit one but it was denied. Check the date on that, was it one of you?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
OK, WTF!?

I originally posted that there was no official definition months, if not years, ago. Djsandman tried to submit one but it was denied. Check the date on that, was it one of you?

It was one of us, I can't remember who, but they resubmitted it and it was accepted!

strobogo

Banned
Holy shit. WrassleGAF gone main stream. You did it, Sunflower. You finally did it you magnificent son of a bitch. I think that deserves a thread in OT.

Entropia

No One Remembers
Remember when Big Show's "dad"'s coffin was dragged by Bossman? At the time is was absolutely despicable and people were ashamed. Now, people kinda...are okay with it and some people thought it rules. Time tempers the steel in our hearts.

With the deepest regrets and tears that are soaked, I'm sorry to hear your dad finally croaked. He lived a full life on his own terms; soon he'll be buried and eaten by worms. But if I could have a son as stupid as you, I'd have wished for cancer so I would die too! So be brave and be strong; get your life on track-- 'cause the old bastard's dead and he ain't never coming back!

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
They told me to stop. They said it'll never catch on.

People like our GWF Commissioner Htown said that we needed to stop. But we didn't stop. We kept on keeping on.

This revolution is ours, not just mine. When legit shook went mainstream, we shook in tandem, legitimately.

This is our victory. Let's celebrate it with the Equality Cup finals tonight.

nappy

Neo Member
Lol'd hard for real at legit shook in WWE's game.

Just finished watching G1.
The finish left me disappointed a bit, was rooting Nakamura all the way. Naito? Really?
However, the matches were amazing, Tanahashi vs Shibata was just fantastic. Shibata is in my book now, hope they him some gold soon. Did you guys too feel that they made Okada look kinda weak? I mean, come on,
he fights Tanahashi to a draw in a gruelling contest (match of the tournament for me) and then just loses like that, duh.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Lol'd hard for real at legit shook in WWE's game.

Just finished watching G1.
The finish left me disappointed a bit, was rooting Nakamura all the way. Naito? Really?
However, the matches were amazing, Tanahashi vs Shibata was just fantastic. Shibata is in my book now, hope they him some gold soon. Did you guys too feel that they made Okada look kinda weak? I mean, come on,
he fights Tanahashi to a draw in a gruelling contest (match of the tournament for me) and then just loses like that, duh.

Kind of had to though.

It wouldn't do Okada much good getting these wins, so it doesn't hurt to make him look beatable - and helps anyone's program whoever gets into it with him next.

nappy

Neo Member
Kind of had to though.

It wouldn't do Okada much good getting these wins, so it doesn't hurt to make him look beatable - and helps anyone's program whoever gets into it with him next.

Agreed. You may also say this way of booking helps to equalize guys on the roster, leaving no supermen or complete jobbers. So different from the WWE way.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Agreed. You may also say this way of booking helps to equalize guys on the roster, leaving no supermen or complete jobbers. So different from the WWE way.

Yeah. You can bet that if Cena champion and was in a G1 style show he'd be undefeated, instead of the MUCH more interesting "Cena loses most his matches" booking they could do, showing some weakness and flaw in him.

tm24

OK, WTF!?

bmeia7J.png

I'm pretty sure it was Matthew Gallant who got it successfully accepted onto UD

What was the earliest example of WrassleGAF using it?

I'm doing some heavy (lol) research at the moment...

Heavy used the words "legit" and "shook" extensively after the Rock-Cena-Notes promo but never strung the two words together.

As much as it pains me to admit this, it looks like fucking Brandon Stroud of Best and Worst infamy used the phrase, "legitimately shook" in his column about the same promo, which was linked and quoted here, which was shortened to "legit shook" by...

PERSPICACITY?!

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=35996149&postcount=6279

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
?! I could have sworn jmdajr birthed that baby! If it was Pepsi City...?!

Heavy used those two words profusely after that promo. So much so, that I'm willing to not only credit him but suspect that Stroud reads wrasslegaf. He used the long form of that phrase as Plywood noted here. Before that he even titled his paragraph for that segment, "Best In Show: The Rock Gets Shook".

Which leads me to believe that he follows along here, because he googles himself often and we came up, read all the "legits" and "shooks" that Heavy coughed up, and put it in his shitty column, which came back to us.

He'll trace it back to the Save_us Y2J codebreaking segments, which were actually mind worm messages to encode 'legit shook' into our online vocabs.

Next I need to see the credits for that app, find out who was in charge of the script, go to their website and try to find an e-mail address and ask if he reads GAF and where he got that phrase.

Top Bottom