• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin' |OT| starring Bryan Danielson & John Cena in a worked reality show

strobogo

Banned
The next step is a legit shook headline on WWE.com Somebody better trademark that shit before this gets out of hand.

I don't want to sound like an egomaniac, but there have been SO many WCW shows/matches/angles I did, and then a few weeks later were up on WWE.com that is has really made me wonder. I feel like it can't be a coincidence after so many times in a row. And then LEGIT SHOOK shows up in a WWE sponsored game? The .Com staff are clearly a bunch of smarks and I believe now that there are a few staff members who are also members of GAF and follow these threads.

I don't want to sound like an egomaniac, but there have been SO many WCW shows/matches/angles I did, and then a few weeks later were up on WWE.com that is has really made me wonder. I feel like it can't be a coincidence after so many times in a row. And then LEGIT SHOOK shows up in a WWE sponsored game? The .Com staff are clearly a bunch of smarks and I believe now that there are a few staff members who are also members of GAF and follow these threads.

There have been a fair amount of Kane focused articles over the last year, maybe you're on to something.

Brian Cage is a f'n machine;

iym9fqomamxYB.gif

Crazy WWE let him go, as he seems exactly the sort of wrestler Vince & Mr. H's would splooge over.

Diving forearm smash? Tornado DDT?

Anywho, in AJPW news, they announced a new tournament called the 'Royal Road', and Low Ki will be making his All Japan debut! The first round looks like;

09/11 - Low Ki vs Dark Cuervo
09/11 - Joe Doering vs SUSHI
09/11 - Go Shiozaki vs Kotaro Suzuki
09/11 - Jun Akiyama vs Akebono
09/14 - KENSO vs Bambi Killer
09/14 - Yoshinobu Kanemaru vs D'Lo Brown
09/14 - Takao Omori vs Atsushi Aoki
09/14 - Suwama vs Kento Miyahara

Nice to see Miyahara in there, but D'Lo? What the fuck? Shiozaki vs Suzuki should be awesome and hopefully we get Shiozaki vs Low Ki at some point.

strobogo

Banned
Sadly, Naylor doesn't work at WWE/NXT anymore since everybody got moved to the performance center. :(

This makes me sad. I was really excited and happy for Naylor to go from the biggest and most enthusiastic wrasslin mark on DVDVR to getting hired by WWE, and then getting to work with DUSTY RHODES. That's so awesome. Maybe he'll come back to wrasslin message boards now. Hopefully he comes to Wrasslegaf.

Brian Cage is a f'n machine;

iym9fqomamxYB.gif

Crazy WWE let him go, as he seems exactly the sort of wrestler Vince & Mr. H's would splooge over.

BRIAN CAGE IS A FUCKING MACHI-

So...what exactly was the guy coming off the top rope trying to do?

Well...

Get suplexed?

YEAH THIS CAUSE BRIAN CAGE IS A FUCKING MACHINE

Nice to see Miyahara in there, but D'Lo? What the fuck?

Pretty sure he's been there before, what with RO&D/Voodoo Murders, ya?

This makes me sad. I was really excited and happy for Naylor to go from the biggest and most enthusiastic wrasslin mark on DVDVR to getting hired by WWE, and then getting to work with DUSTY RHODES. That's so awesome. Maybe he'll come back to wrasslin message boards now. Hopefully he comes to Wrasslegaf.

Naylor is straight up the best dude ever. I always root for people in the business to succeed, but him more than any.

On another note, WHERE THE HELL IS DVDVR, WrassleGAF IS A POOR MAN'S REPLA-er

Hi!

Jamie OD

So...what exactly was the guy coming off the top rope trying to do?

Buff Blockbuster?

He already appeared on the Dr. Keith Presents show over at F4W Online last month. He was there to talk about PWG with Excalibur but ended up dropping some details of what he did during his employment. Stuff like showing Drake Younger deathmatch clips to Summer Rae.

strobogo

Banned
Buff Blockbuster?

He already appeared on the Dr. Keith Presents show over at F4W Online last month. He was there to talk about PWG with Excalibur but ended up dropping some details of what he did during his employment. Stuff like showing Drake Younger deathmatch clips to Summer Rae.

Lol. That's great.

tm24

Oh fuck, Ishii is going to CMLL next month. He can't work with anyone other than Terrible and Rush, but holy shit, Rush vs Ishii will just be people hitting each other hard. Sounds awesome!

WWE 2K14 is gonna have a 30 Years of WM mode similar to the Attitude Era mode from 13.

http://kotaku.com/a-huge-roster-delivers-30-years-of-wrestlemania-to-ww-1108261943

I don't know if this was posted on the Gaming Side or not. There is currently a 7-page thread about Major Nelson's tweet about AA batteries. I'm thinking about not visiting Gaming Side anymore.

the bad news is no Monday Night Wars game in which they hinted at last year : (

the good news is that this has the potential to feature finally feature Diesel, Razor Ramon, Sid and Yokozuna in a SD game. Though, I do hope for some Attitude guys to show up from last years game.

Hopefully they give us a roster of everyone that competed in Wrestlemania in history.

strobogo

Banned
Most likely we'll get 2 or 3 guys that have never been in a SD game and the rest will be mostly made of the Attitude Era guys from last year. I lol'd at Hogan being in, while he's been the GM of TNA for 2 years now. It's better than RVD's random appearance since I'm sure that deal was done before he signed with TNA and it just happened that he was their champion when that year's game came out. But this is different and is hilarious both from Hogan and Vince.

jred2k

I don't understand how they can have this mode and have Warrior as a pre-order bonus. That either means that there are no Warrior matches in the mode or there are multiple versions of him. Having matches in that mode locked out for a pre-order bonus would really piss some people off.

Bloodwake

Hogan's TNA deal allows him to promote outside of the company. Johan's deal is probably much like the Warrior's deal. The Warrior made no deal with the WWE, but with Take Two. Hogan probably did the same thing. If we get Jake the Snake and Razor in the game it will probably be a similar situation. Even though both are in the DDP Yoga Rehab program WWE is probably not ready to sign legends contracts with them yet. I still expect them to be in the game.

I think if they do this mode right it will be much better than the Legends of Wrestlemania mode from several years ago. Evidently 2K is doing this like the NBA 2K games and insisting on using shading, standard def and the appropriate lighting for the specific matches in the game. I'm thinking this could be awesome.

I don't understand how they can have this mode and have Warrior as a pre-order bonus. That either means that there are no Warrior matches in the mode or there are multiple versions of him. Having matches in that mode locked out for a pre-order bonus would really piss some people off.

I'm sure it will be like the previous versions where all first edition copies have Warrior DLC regardless if you preordered or not.

Bloodwake

I agree. It's going to be weird to not have Warrior - Hogan in any Wrestlemania tribute mode.

Jamie OD

The Attitude Era mode for WWE 13 included Mike Tyson in the Wrestlemania XIV match even though he was DLC.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
GWF Equality Cup Finals tonight

FEEL IT

IV4APZS.png

Who's winnin this thing? Frankman? QueenofThorns? Net_Wonderbread_Wrecker? The angelic Ithil? The dirty Sokantish?

WHO GETS IT!?

ibsJ64u6yta7VJ.gif

Since its basically confirmed that WWE uses this site for everything make sure to talk up B-Arthur as the next can't miss thing please. I have lots of bad cell phone footage to send the E.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
It's true someone or a group of people from WWE are posting on WrassleGAF, I suggested Kaitlyn should have the spear eons ago and sure enough they gave it to her.

nappy

Neo Member
Damn, there are no credits in this Cena game anywhere. Don't tell me I have to complete this shit to see it, I ain't gonna do it, this is like the dullest game ever.

Aiii

So not worth it
That phrase is way too specific to just be there by coincidence. Who knows if it was someone from WWE or just a developer from the company they had make the game who put it in there.

The second one sounds more plausible, but on the other hand, we are a rather big wrestling community and there aren't too many of those either. So if they do have people checking out what is being said about WWE online, WrassleGAF is surely in their rotation.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
+1 not a coincidence.

It's through our hard work. Be proud friends. We are in the public eye.

EDIT:

Rooting for The Frankman to win the Equality Cup.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Crossover appeal. By mid 2013 we had already planted them seeds. Watch em go.

I have a 1st-gen iPod Touch, lol. I don't think it can run John Cena's Cenation Rockin' Racing.

I downloaded the game to get a screenshot of the credits for you. Most iOS games have them in the options menu. Turned out this dumb game doesn't even have an options menu, it does have a store where you can buy 3750 Gold for $100 though!

I promptly deleted this piece of shit off my phone. Sorry bruh, I tried, but I can't see myself playing it to completion. Game is BAD.

Top Bottom