• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin |OT| The Sunday of Summer

RBH

olaJ8Ic.gif

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Man, I need to move soon. The local 24 hour non-Walmart grocery store on my road is now closing at 1 am. All the other shit, including fast food, is closed before 11 o clock. I'm surprised old grandpas don't shut down the radio and street lights while they're at it.

Where am I supposed to go to buy jerky and milk at 3 am now?

NoRéN

Man, I need to move soon. The local 24 hour non-Walmart grocery store on my road is now closing at 1 am. All the other shit, including fast food, is closed before 11 o clock. I'm surprised old grandpas don't shut down the radio and street lights while they're at it.

Where am I supposed to go to buy jerky and milk at 3 am now?
Small town or just new rules?

Live reports saying Maddox Kingsley was doing a British poet gimmick and quoting Shakespeare

Just perfect. Now Sandow really has nothing but imitating other people to do. Can't even go back to his original gimmick

hahhahahahahah who am I kidding, neither of them are getting on Raw again

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
NoRéN;175111233 said:
Small town or just new rules?

40k pop right outside of a city with 180k pop. Just not a lot open late at night. It's a small city that's constantly growing though. I guess it's just all families moving in though. It's not really a place for 20 something single family homes.

Most of the shit Foley did in the Taker feud was the beginning of the end. I remember in his first book he mentioned that a bad bump during their first boiler room brawl put him in excruciating pain for weeks. Ditto the Chyna cage door slam.

jred2k

Most of the shit Foley did in the Taker feud was the beginning of the end. I remember in his first book he mentioned that a bad bump during their first boiler room brawl put him in excruciating pain for weeks. Ditto the Chyna cage door slam.

What a shitty match to kill your body for.

NoRéN

40k pop right outside of a city with 180k pop. Just not a lot open late at night. It's a small city that's constantly growing though. I guess it's just all families moving in though. It's not really a place for 20 something single family homes.
I would love a change of pace and move to a small town like that.

Also, don't know if I've mentioned it before but I like to picture wrasslegaf posters as their avatars.

I'm picturing pentagon jr pissed off outside a closed Walmart at 3am shouting "abre! No sabes quien soy? Yo soy el cero miedo! Necesito leche!"

How dangerous was this initial bump?

anigif_enhanced-26804-1403728277-12.gif

Like let's say you perform this bump 100 times.

How many times would you get moderately or seriously injured?

I still think the chokeslam was planned no matter what they say.

Foley just falls back perfectly onto the rigged section of the roof and Undertaker stood as far away from it as he could.

It looks so planned not to be planned.

But then Foley hits the mat like a sack of potatoes and it looks real.

I dunno.

SD

* They kicked off the show with a tribute to Roddy Piper, who lived in Portland for years. His family is at ringside.
* Seth Rollins kicks off SmackDown with a promo about how he's the greatest, up there with Michael Jordan and Babe Ruth. He talks about John Cena being on Tough Enough and wants Cena to meet him on RAW to accept the SummerSlam challenge. Out comes Neville to interrupt. He wants another title shot but out comes Cesaro. Kevin Owens ends up attacking Cesaro from behind as Rollins beats down Neville. Owens lays Cesaro out on the floor while Rollins takes out Neville in the ring.
* Charlotte defeated Naomi with the Figure Eight.
* Video package on Stardust and Stephen Amell airs.
* Ryback comes to the ring for a promo as we see what happened on RAW with MizTV. He talks about defending against The Miz and Big Show at SummerSlam until Bo Dallas interrupts. Bo wants to be added to the match at SummerSlam but Ryback disses him. Bo attacks but gets left laying with a Meathook.
* Roman Reigns defeated Luke Harper by DQ after Bray Wyatt interferes.
* The Prime Time Players defeated The New Day in a non-title match.
* Seth Rollins and Kevin Owens defeated Cesaro and Neville after Rollins had a handful of tights when pinning Cesaro.

I still think the chokeslam was planned no matter what they say.

Foley just falls back perfectly onto the rigged section of the roof and Undertaker stood as far away from it as he could.

It looks so planned not to be planned.

But then Foley hits the mat like a sack of potatoes and it looks real.

I dunno.

That was probably planned, but they should have scrapped it after that giffed spot. He got up off the stretcher and ran back on his own, but by then he obviously had internal injuries and broken bones, he shouldn't have done any big spot after that, and the through-the-roof spot finished the job. He could have had a 50 year career after that match, and it wouldn't have mattered: there was no chance he'd ever be the same in-ring as he was right before that match directly because of those two spots.

SD

* Charlotte defeated Naomi with the Figure Eight.

Seems like I'm going to watch Smackdown then.

Also
I like the idea of Owens teaming up with Rollins. Rollins is the champ, Owens can team up with him due to how successful Rollins is, Owens wants to be on the winning team.
Then Owens can betray him and steal the title for himself as that's all he wants. To be the #1 paid guy. Although then Brock will kill him.

Also
I like the idea of Owens teaming up with Rollins. Rollins is the champ, Owens can team up with him due to how successful Rollins is, Owens wants to be on the winning team.
Then Owens can betray him and steal the title for himself as that's all he wants. To be the #1 paid guy. Although then Brock will kill him.

You're putting a lot of stock into something that was nothing more than "heel vs face tag team match playa"

No way, WWE spend a lot of time and effort planning interesting, believable storylines for their wrestlers. I'm sure this isn't just a one off!

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAAHAHAHAHHAHAAHAHAHHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAAHHAAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA

Also
The 4th member of the matchup makes me highly doubt it's anything but a last minute random main event.

on smackdown
Also this lol, sorry man.

It's a shame that long form storytelling in WWE is not only completely absent, but if those Chris Kreski stories are to be believed the idea is actively ridiculed within the company.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
If NOAH isn't going to use them, they should send out their juniors to America and Mexico and Europe. I'd love to see Nakajima, Harada, and Kenou doing stuff elsewhere for a while

Someone posted the other day that Cody was a prick, what's the story behind that? I always assumed he was super nice, that would kinda suck.

Also, what are some Kevin Nash recommendations? Never really seen much of his prime work so I'm not big on the guy.

Striker

Someone posted the other day that Cody was a prick, what's the story behind that? I always assumed he was super nice, that would kinda suck.

Also, what are some Kevin Nash recommendations? Never really seen much of his prime work so I'm not big on the guy.
I assume it has something to do with s/marks asking him unrelated stuff, like what's his favorite gimmick or something. And he gets annoyed.

The Smackdown stuff sounds terrible. It's essentially become Superstars but on a two hour program.

Oh good, that makes me feel a little better :)

He was just kind of abrasive and whiny. I recall an incident on his Twitter when he bitched about how someone wanted a picture with Barrett and ziggler and not him. He's in the CM Punk school of dealing with wrestling fans where he thinks we're all idiots.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I watched this match where they bought around the Asbury Park venue and got close to the music festival but then were like 'maybe not we might get arrested'
3RTW4Sb.gif

but the best part was Nick Gage yelling, "I'm going to fucking kill him! Who's the man?" And a far off fan yelling "NickGage!"

Top Bottom