• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin |OT| The Sunday of Summer

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Biker Taker actually starts peeking through as soon as Paul Bearer turns on him. That's when he becomes a pure striker and starts unzombie like movement.

Does WWE have in their talent contract (actual, not the in-ring type) a restriction on them doing outside shoot interviews? Seems like it's something that vince doesn't want them to do, but they do it anyway.

Does WWE have in their talent contract (actual, not the in-ring type) a restriction on them doing outside shoot interviews? Seems like it's something that vince doesn't want them to do, but they do it anyway.

I assume their contract would say WWE has to approve any and all public appearances they make.

Might be a breach of contract thing. I'm sure speaking candidly on a wrestler podcast isn't going to land anyone in hot water.

I assume their contract would say WWE has to approve any and all public appearances they make.

Might be a breach of contract thing. I'm sure speaking candidly on a wrestler podcast isn't going to land anyone in hot water.

Reason why I ask is cause on youtube there are channels that have wrestler shoot on others individuals and companies. Granted, some shoot on companies because they're already retired and don't come back, whereas there are some that do shoot interviews and do come back to a company.

I find the whole thing interesting. Thanks for your answers.

WWE has a blacklist of podcasts that WWE stars don't get to go on. Like Art Of Wrestling for instance.

No wonder it's popular with the indie crowds.

Toki767

This TNA/GFW show is as underwhelming as it sounded on paper.

Especially when GFW is comprised of both WWE and TNA rejects.

Toki767

Curt Hawkins is using his real name in GFW, Chris Masters is using his real name in GFW, and Justin Gabriel is using PJ Black as his name, but all 3 of them are still using their WWE ring names as their Twitter handles.

Straight up WWE hand-me-downs for GFW.

I don't understand why Jeff would want to start a promotion like this.

Just seems like a total waste of time and money.

I share the same sentiment: why bother establishing a wrestling company, when you already opened one? Granted, he didn't have the funds to manage it, so he had people with money just outright own it.

Then it gets me to think: What if JJ has a small share in TNA: he would just be using that as capital to fund GFW, even though some may think of this action as unethical.

Menome

WWE could sell this guy as Kane's son on the main roster
a570U4Rm.jpg

Son? Nonono. They'll replace the old model with the new one so we can have many more years of KANE

Exactly what I think they should go for, the new Kane.

This would actually make me care about a Kane storyline for a second.

If I was in Creative: Kane's in a match. Gets distracted to a loss by a robe-hooded figure who appears at ringside.

Happens again a couple of times, so Kane calls out this stranger. They have a verbal throw-down in the ring, where the hooded figure tells Kane that he'll be "the death of Kane".

Kane gets spooked and for their PPV match, decides to don the costume and mask to get himself fired up.

The match itself starts normally enough, but progresses into the newcomer pummelling Kane into the ground, causing a submission win. However he carries on and has to be stopped by refs/security.

He grabs the mask from Kane's face and yells to the crowd: "Kane is dead. Long live Kane!" before putting the mask on himself and leaving the ring.

A feud thus begins as to who has the right to the name "Kane", with both wrestlers using the name and intro music, but the newcomer wears the mask. Eventually it boils down to a winner-takes-all match, where Old Kane asks New Kane why he's doing this, to which he replies: "Because it's the only thing you'll ever give me, FATHER".

Old Kane's stunned, loses the match. More feud to come.

i assume they're calling another diva up to counter alexa but i don't know who it could be, i don't even know who they have in developmental

The newly renamed Nia Jax would be perfect if just for the huge disparity in size between them but I don't know if she's ready for more than NXT house shows since she hasn't been wrestling that long and look wise she'd probably be a better fit as a monster heel.

Curt Hawkins is using his real name in GFW, Chris Masters is using his real name in GFW, and Justin Gabriel is using PJ Black as his name, but all 3 of them are still using their WWE ring names as their Twitter handles.

Straight up WWE hand-me-downs for GFW.

You lose your verified status if you change Twitter handle.

thefro

WWE has a blacklist of podcasts that WWE stars don't get to go on. Like Art Of Wrestling for instance.

I'd guess it's a whitelist given that Flair hasn't had any WWE employees on his podcast yet.

I think Austin and Jericho's podcasts would be the only approved shows right now.

The newly renamed Nia Jax would be perfect if just for the huge disparity in size between them but I don't know if she's ready for more than NXT house shows since she hasn't been wrestling that long and look wise she'd probably be a better fit as a monster heel.

Whoever they use will probably be wearing a 1910s/1920s Vaudeville-era dress (at least for the night), so I'd bet on one of the two Australians over Jax.

jmdajr

Reigns feelers hurt.

Roman Reigns Talks WWE, Having A ‘Rough’ Year And Moving On:

It was kind of rough to be honest. Someone my age, we didn’t go through the Internet like how it is now. When I was a kid, I was outside sweating and running around. Me and the Uso’s were tearing up the yard or doing yard work for that matter. We didn’t have all these video games and these social media outlets. There weren’t cameras on every single device that you could think of. So it’s a little bit different. As an adult, I’ve always tried to be a good person my whole life so I’ve made good friends and I’ve always built great relationships and been friendly with people. I always think what you do to others will come to you so that’s how I treat people. When you deal with an Internet situation where all these people are attacking you for no real reason at all. You’re just going out there trying to entertain them, trying to give them something to get outside of their life, to get outside their reality and suspend belief for them. And then for them to attack you for no real reason. It’s not like I was trying to hurt anybody. I was just trying to do my thing, make my art the way I want it and have a good time and hopefully it reflects that. It’s just one of those things that once it’s opened up it’s eye-opening. It’s shocking, it’s hurtful but it’s just a part of the world. Just like anything else, any other form of bullying that the world’s dealt with, we’re going to get past it. Strong people are strong for a reason — they can hold that weight. God gave me broad shoulders because I can carry that load. It was a shock and awe factor at first but it’s a lot easier now for sure.

Why does Reigns think the fans jeered him when they did?

I think, you know, it has a lot to do with how over Bryan is. To this day he’s just a phenomenal performer. I think everybody who’s ever been in an arena — you don’t even have to be in the ring with them — you have an appreciation for them. Even if you’re not into him, you still have to appreciate him and it was just the fact of what was happening is he was the most over guy we had. He was drawing people and they loved him. And the whole ‘YES’ movement was on fire. But at the same time, as a company, you have to continue to build other stars and build a future. I’m not a believer in that it’s just one guy. I believe in the team. I believe in having a great cast of good people and strong men around us to maximize the product. It just can’t be one person. I think it was a combination of me not being Bryan and just the Internet thing, like all the cool kids were banning against the jock. I don’t know. It was weird. But I think it just became a cool thing to boo me and it still happens a little to this day. It blows my mind but I’m still going to keep grinding and getting better. Anybody that says I have progressed and gotten 1000% better, you’re lying. You’re a bold faced liar.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Did... did he just have a millenials rant? He can't be much older than what most would consider "millenials"

He's a millenial. Something milennials do is cry about their own fuckin' reflections in the mirror.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Regarding WrassleGAF's Rocket League, I've been trying to figure out a way to make this work, but there's some hurdles.

1: Timezones
2: Clogging up this thread from its very valuable discussion

1 - everyone's so scattered. I'd say mark Heel as the guy organizing this, because I hate Rocket League now that people like it.

2 - I'd recommend posting in the Rocket League OT to get it going as opposed to in here - just ignore people you don't want in, heh. Which would be like all of them. Fucking gamers, right?

If you need an extra person, let me know, but I really don't know the best way to go about this and Heel is as passionate about Rocket League as he is about Gwent, and it is a cause near and dear to his heart.

I would also like to say there's a good set of stakes here. If you all get a 3 on 3 going...perhaps losing team has to use avatars for a week made by the winning team. Just a thought about stakes...

Browny

Banned
I would also like to say there's a good set of stakes here. If you all get a 3 on 3 going...perhaps losing team has to use avatars for a week made by the winning team. Just a thought about stakes...

Can we preemptively ban Boots from the league then? There's only so many foreheads I want to see in this place... :)

Edit: New Page:

wnL3v.gif

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
#IndiePosterThursday submission from me:

11846599_1006373099402256_6212986188185271167_n.jpg

None too impressive.

Hey Zach, Mechashiva - wanna drop in on a show together? If so, which one do you know the LEAST amount of people at? Compound or Steel Rage?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I hope you all are ready for September, AKA

ZANDIG MONTH

Zandig Avatars. Let's do this.

jred2k

Why doesn't everyone that wants to play Rocjet League just post their username and timezone. We can make a Google doc and go from there.

Top Bottom