• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin |OT| The Sunday of Summer

Sephzilla

EBF, you got the best lethal lottery avatar though.

Friends, I need to dump a potentially controversial opinion here because I feel safer here - Why the fuck do people expect a fast food job to pay you enough money to live on?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I'll tell yall what. I had ol Dada West saying the Lottery was rigged.

Next time, we're gonna livestream the drawing. And it'll be FANTASTIC.

Friends, I need to dump a potentially controversial opinion here because I feel safer here - Why the fuck do people expect a fast food job to pay you enough money to live on?

I know. I'm a bad wrassleman. I just need the dino for the Mario Maker firestorm I created.

Better yet, who do they think builds, ships, installs, monitors, and services the kiosks?

Guys I have to be honest: I'm getting a little itchy with the lethal lottery avatar.

I don't feel the same with my dino.

Oh, you feel itchy, you say?
image.php

Because that job might be the only one those workers can get, and why should they be deprived of a living wage in a country without a social support net because of institutional reasons, particularly when the cost to raise their wages to living wage levels is practically negligible to a consumer?

I think there should be a lower, non-living wage for minors, but if you're an adult working 40+ per week, you should be able to live decently. There may be better avenues than a minimum wage increase, but a guaranteed annual income is a no-go in America right now.

Ideally every job should pay you enough to live on, that's why living wage is a thing. If you can't get any other jobs, what are you supposed to do, starve?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Fast food has the hidden benefit of always being able to feed you. A lot of people forget that. There's so much excess food you can eat. So you make your own raise.

People in the food industry don't all have the same reason for working there, for some it's their only option and despite working such a shit job, they still live and hope that one day things will get better. There ARE pieces of shit that work there, and just genuinely lazy people-- but at the end of the day, it's a rough job because a vast majority of customers treat them as sub-human. It's a fucking depressing job with a stigma attached to it. They deserve to have enough cash to live off of and try and better their situation with.

The fast food industry is awful and I have nothing but respect for those who make the most with what they have there. They deserve to lead as comfortable a living as possible.

Browny

Banned
image.php

image.php

image.php

image.php

Lottery time is a magical time of year...

image.php

Shit.

And yes, even 'low end' jobs should pay the living wage (fuck the concept of minimum, it means nothing if you're still starving).

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
There's a zillion industries where it would do a lot for people in general to get a big pay bump and the CEO to take a considerable cut.

jred2k

There's a zillion industries where it would do a lot for people in general to get a big pay bump and the CEO to take a considerable cut.

Isn't that just helping the poors and the shitty workers like at Konami? If they were good they'd make the money that's already there.

RP912

Banned
Watching the G1 from yesterday and listening to some mixes. This tournament should have been structured a bit better imo :(. Last year's G1 spoiled the hell out of me expecting days of top quality matches....and Shelton Benjamin.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Isn't that just helping the poors and the shitty workers like at Konami? If they were good they'd make the money that's already there.

Konami's a good company making sure they'll stay in the gaming space for a long time.

I'm loving this JredBL and Freckle Cole gimmick right now, but I can see the burnout and backlash coming.

It'll be here till the Avatar Lottery is done.

YOU THINK some YAHOO off the street should be making $30,000 a year? ARE you INSANE FRAGGLE?

cfaa90e73191124cc03edb7b9d1df270.gif

These are GOOD people who bust their butts to do menial tasks, JredBL! The foundation of America is built upon these people! What about the great American values superstars like John Cena have fought for? Hustle, Loyalty and RESPECT!

Wikipedia said:
He is also a school board member of the Cherokee County School District.[3] He was disqualified from entering the primary for the 2006 term, due to using the Steiner name rather than his legal name. Steiner could have run for reelection had he presented a petition calling for this with 4500 signatures; however, he was unable to do so. Consequently, Steiner ran unopposed as a write-in candidate in November 2006 and won.
#Carny

jred2k

These are GOOD people who bust their butts to do menial tasks, JredBL! The foundation of America is built upon these people! What about the great American values superstars like John Cena have fought for? Hustle, Loyalty and RESPECT!

WHY don't you just go WAVE THE FLAG WITH RUSEV! You sound like a DAMN PINKO right now!

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Why I do get the feeling we're going to get admonished for this Splatoon x WrassleGAF moment?

Heaven forbid we're Splatoon fans. They can't hurt us for being excited about a game mode that shares the name of the true golden boy.

I mean, would we get shit for posting if Hulk Hogan was in SFxT?

Heaven forbid we're Splatoon fans. They can't hurt us for being excited about a game mode that shares the name of the true golden boy.

I mean, would we get shit for posting if Hulk Hogan was in SFxT?

If Kazuchika Okada or even Kato from the Green Hornet were now in Splatoon, I could see how we're covered.

But I'm no mod, so I'll leave it to the underbosses to figure it out.

Top Bottom