• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin |OT| The Sunday of Summer

Itami was finally adjusting and was doing real well before his injury. He was suppose to win the title from Owens in Japan.

As for Okada he is not leaving New Japan when they are going to make him the guy on January 4. I remember when WWE first was interested New Japan gave him 2 years when they usually go year by year.

Just hope Okada is saving his money. I remember the old stories where he was spending his money like Ric Flair.

Well, he's the Rainmaker for a reason. And really? That would of fell flat with me in all honesty, I don't even feel like it was the right time for Owens to lose the belt, I didn't enjoy the Tokyo match really at all. Or the spectacle. Just smelt of trying to appease Japan for the sake of appeasing Japan.

Yeah, the whole storyline with Okada for the past year+ has been him wanting to replace Tanahashi as the "ace" of New Japan. He's the one proven main event star they've got who's under 30 and there's no real generational rival for Okada, so it's understandable that the promotion's being built around him.

Which is funny, because really NJPW have as you said, no generational rival for Okada. Where does he go after Styles/Tanahashi really?

Which is funny, because really NJPW have as you said, no generational rival for Okada. Where does he go after Styles/Tanahashi really?

As I see it, the big feuds for Okada post-Tanahashi/Styles are vs Nakamura and vs Naito. The former could be a part of a larger CHAOS split storyline, while the latter seems like the feud Naito's heel character is made for.

Fox318

Undertaker is so corny in every incarnation. I kind of love that.
tumblr_n5c5ydzKIk1rtja03o4_250.gif

tumblr_n5c5ydzKIk1rtja03o1_250.gif

tumblr_n5c5ydzKIk1rtja03o2_r1_250.gif

tumblr_n5c5ydzKIk1rtja03o3_250.gif

I keep telling myself I need to chase up this Beserk business.

Sunday should be the WrestleGAF Confessional tbh
I must confess my sins Professor.
That Embrace the Hate storyline with Cena/Ryder/Kane storyline was hilarious and led us to an episode of Raw so bad it was good the week before Elimination Chamber.
Ryder being a chump was perfect booking really.

Tangibly related, Eve's theme music was one hell of an earworm.

Friends, if you thought you couldn't do Fun n Playful in HIAC, I highly recommend DX vs. the McMahons and Big Show from Unforgiven 2006. There's a great Vince face I'll have to gif

Unforgiven 2006 in general was a pretty great show, then they never returned to Toronto on PPV again.

DMczaf

Looking back, I forgot that Shawn and Diesel were still the Tag Team champs when they split at Survivor Series.

How did they drop the titles between Survivor Series 94 and Rumble 95? There's no record of them losing.

Did Shawn find another way to avoid jobbing???

Looking back, I forgot that Shawn and Diesel were still the Tag Team champs when they split at Survivor Series.

How did they drop the titles between Survivor Series 94 and Rumble 95? There's no record of them losing.

Did Shawn find another way to avoid jobbing???

Wikipedia says the title was vacated

Man God

Non-Canon Member
HBK is the king of vacating titles. He vacated the IC title twice (three times?), the Tag Belts twice, and the WHC once.

DMczaf

So...Shawn pulled the Triple Crown:

Vacated the WWE, IC and Tag Team belts

DBry just needs to find a way to vacate the Tag Team belt to join this club.

I've given up on the Hell in a Cell shit after Edge/Taker, which coincidentally is the last match before they introduced the PPV named after the match.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
The current WWE Tag Team Championship has NEVER been vacated. Edge had to forfeit his half of the titles but his partner picked someone else to fill his role. This new team? The incredible Jeri-Show.

Okada is becoming Poochie. Even WWE can have a Taker/Lesnar fight that's higher on the card than Cena. Whenever Okada isn't on screen, Shibata and Shinsuke should be asking, 'Where's Okada?' LOLTanawins doesn't bother me because of Tanahashi. It bothers me because it exists purely in service of Okada. Everything in that promotion revolves around Okada and in service of Okada.

I'm amazed Maria hasn't become his girlfriend and they haven't had him raise Honma's hand. Ultimately, it all goes to Okada. And he's 27. This shit is never stopping until the fans get bored because Bushiroad doesn't want to take any risks outside of house show level events.

Well, considering he's the guy they want to build the company around for the next 10+ year...yeah, that's gonna happen.

Unfortunately, New Japan has this mentality of there being one guy that the entire promotion must be built around. In the 90s, it was Mutoh, Chono, Sasaki, and Hashimoto, which led to a crazed main event scene. In the early 2000s, when dipshit Inoki was trying to bring in shoot guys that couldn't work, he went through an ace every month, including the biggest disaster, Brock Lesnar. Finally the company stabilized with Tanahashi, and like it or not, he has brought NJPW back to prominance. And if the growth must continue, you might as well keep a good thing going...and Okada is the chosen one.

The current WWE Tag Team Championship has NEVER been vacated. Edge had to forfeit his half of the titles but his partner picked someone else to fill his role. This new team? The incredible Jeri-Show.

Jeri-Show is the only time show was tolerable. And of course, like anything great that Jericho ever did, it had to be destroyed by Trips. I think that was also the last time Jericho wasn't shit.

I've given up on the Hell in a Cell shit after Edge/Taker, which coincidentally is the last match before they introduced the PPV named after the match.

A wise move.
But now you'll never witness Sheamus delivering a devastating backbreaker to Orton while standing on the steel steps, years of a career shaved off with that one.

Okada already left New Japan

He was rewarded by being Samoa Joe's weak little ninja baby buddy in TNA

He learned his lesson and doesn't trust any of us enough to go full time in America ever again, and honestly he's right to have that distrust.

Don't think for a second he wouldn't job to Cena in WWE or Elgin in ROH multiple times if either company had him around for a full year

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Okada already left New Japan

He was rewarded by being Samoa Joe's weak little ninja baby buddy in TNA

He learned his lesson and doesn't trust any of us enough to go full time in America ever again, and honestly he's right to have that distrust.

Don't think for a second he wouldn't job to Cena in WWE or Elgin in ROH multiple times if either company had him around for a full year

Well, he was the one who blew his opportunity it what was the second largest promotion in the world before slinking back to be a big fish in the smallest of ponds.

So, my friend is discussing baby names with his girlfriend for some weird reason, and his last name is Howells.

He's pushing for Hunter Hurst Howells. I'm really impressed as he got into wrestling less than six months ago. I feel closer to him than ever on a friendly level.

People have been going on about KO's size for awhile but I really would like to see him go toe-to-toe with Lesnar, Big Show, Kane, and Undertaker. The visual would be amazing.

So, my friend is discussing baby names with his girlfriend for some weird reason, and his last name is Howells.

He's pushing for Hunter Hurst Howells. I'm really impressed as he got into wrestling less than six months ago. I feel closer to him than ever on a friendly level.

0nhADNl.gif

triple-h-scary-smiled-o.0.gif

Not that I can find unfortunately, I just remember Matt Striker quickly fumbling a reason for why Sheamus bothered with the steps for a move that doesn't even hit the steps.

Not a gif, but a perfectly stupid moment in time.

http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f73/eightmillimeter/hiac2010/bbreaker.png

Top Bottom