• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin |OT| The Sunday of Summer

Wrestling Confession:

The Great Khali had a good WHC title run.

The Vice grip was hilarious

vise-grip.jpg

2304478023_1.gif

Fave Five WWE Wrestling Confessions:

1. HBK admitting he knew about the screw job
2. It was me Austin!!!!
3. Nash/HHH/Cell phone service provider
4. DDP as a stalker
5. Mr. America not being Hulk Hogan

were you a Cole Miner, Freckles?

I was in the trenches, brother.

If we're doing a top five

TOP FIVE WRESTLING CONFESSIONS BROUGHT TO YOU BY SKITTLES. FRUITY. DELICIOUS. FRUITY. FRUITY. DELICIOUS. DELICIOUS. FRUITY. FRUITY SKITTLEESSSSSS

5- I liked Matt more than Jeff
4- I was pulled in to the AJ Lee girl next door trap and loved her before I moved on
3- I enjoyed the initial unmasked Kane run.
2- Trish is hotter now than she was during her run in the WWE
1- I'm still unironically a huge Benoit fan

OH FRUITY DELICIOUS SKITTLES

WRESTLING CONFESSION:

Nexus? Always lame. I don't know how you can look at the members of that faction and expect anything good to come of it.

This, terrible people.

Leading on from this for my confession, IT'S ALL ABOUT ME IT'S ALL ABOUT THE POWER Otunga's theme was the GOAT!

Matt, in retrospect, was definitely better than Jeff. Willow was clearly Jeff's attempt at creating a character that could be considered as legendary as Matt Hardy Version 1, but he failed.

Nexus were shit, but it shouldn't have been that difficult to set them up to be knocked down in a way that didn't make them look entirely ridiculous and actually did something worthwhile for anyone but Cena. Also;

EzrrQGX.gif

And;

CMggqd0.gif

jred2k

I'm real glad we haven't had a match in a while that ends with Cena throwing up the "oK" appledoughs.

WRASSLIN CONFESSION: When people talk about great feuds, I don't think Edge vs. Matt Hardy gets the credit it deserves. I really believed how much they just wanted to beat the shit out of each other.

I'm real glad we haven't had a match in a while that ends with Cena throwing up the "oK" appledoughs.

WRASSLIN CONFESSION: When people talk about great feuds, I don't think Edge vs. Matt Hardy gets the credit it deserves. I really believed how much they just wanted to beat the shit out of each other.

A true ass blood feud. Any man would've killed for Lita, and thats what the two of them were prepared to do. Bah gawd

Has Vince ever wrestled without a shirt on? It's real nice of him to cover up his muscular physique to make Shawn Michaels look good in this match I'm watching.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Okada is becoming Poochie. Even WWE can have a Taker/Lesnar fight that's higher on the card than Cena. Whenever Okada isn't on screen, Shibata and Shinsuke should be asking, 'Where's Okada?' LOLTanawins doesn't bother me because of Tanahashi. It bothers me because it exists purely in service of Okada. Everything in that promotion revolves around Okada and in service of Okada.

I'm amazed Maria hasn't become his girlfriend and they haven't had him raise Honma's hand. Ultimately, it all goes to Okada. And he's 27. This shit is never stopping until the fans get bored because Bushiroad doesn't want to take any risks outside of house show level events.

Delirious posted a picture of him and Ricochet shaking hands, followed by a bunch of pen emojis and an eggplant. I think we clearly know what this means.

That Delirious is going to inflict another shitty promo on us? Maybe he'll toss in a "kamikaze" or "Bansai!" with the "ichiban" he used earlier today?

Menome

Roguelike is a useful descriptor which has had its name dragged through the mud of indie game development/cult hit style games.

Metroidvania was always a trash label. What the fuck does that johnny come lately to the genre, Symphony of the Night, have to do with Metroid? What do either of those have to do with action platformers that have a map?

Metroid had the freeform exploration and gaining abilities to unlock areas. SOTN added the range of swappable weapons/armours/items and the RPG-stats upgrade element.

Friends, if you thought you couldn't do Fun n Playful in HIAC, I highly recommend DX vs. the McMahons and Big Show from Unforgiven 2006. There's a great Vince face I'll have to gif

Barrage

Okada is becoming Poochie. Even WWE can have a Taker/Lesnar fight that's higher on the card than Cena. Whenever Okada isn't on screen, Shibata and Shinsuke should be asking, 'Where's Okada?' LOLTanawins doesn't bother me because of Tanahashi. It bothers me because it exists purely in service of Okada. Everything in that promotion revolves around Okada and in service of Okada.

I'm amazed Maria hasn't become his girlfriend and they haven't had him raise Honma's hand. Ultimately, it all goes to Okada. And he's 27. This shit is never stopping until the fans get bored because Bushiroad doesn't want to take any risks outside of house show level events.

It'll stop when Okada leaves New Japan at 32 and "StormCreator" Kenji Okoda debuts on NXT.

Alright on a serious note, what are the chances % wise than Okada goes to WWE one day, and how soon could it potentially be? Nowhere soon IMO, can't see him going at all but said the same about KENTA and I really want to see it...

Also Itami/KENTA has been bad in NXT. Sad, only good matches he had with Breeze which is odd because you wouldn't think they'd have off the page chemistry.

Alright on a serious note, what are the chances % wise than Okada goes to WWE one day, and how soon could it potentially be? Nowhere soon IMO, can't see him going at all but said the same about KENTA and I really want to see it...

Also Itami/KENTA has been bad in NXT. Sad, only good matches he had with Breeze which is odd because you wouldn't think they'd have off the page chemistry.

He's the ace of NJPW and will be for the next 10-15 years. He also worked in America for years, so he'd do a lot better than KENTA, who worked here very sparingly.

Then again, I never thought Devitt would ever ever leave, but here we are.

If Okada did leave it would be a huge blow to New Japan, bigger than Shibata quitting to be an MMA jobber. You can be sure they'll do whatever they can to keep him around.

I'm not too knowledgeable of anything outside of WWE, but from what I DO know, isn't Okada being built up to replace Tanahashi? Like someone said, he's only 27. He's seemingly being groomed to be the next face of NJPW right..? I don't think they'd like to give him up that easily.

He's the ace of NJPW and will be for the next 10-15 years. He also worked in America for years, so he'd do a lot better than KENTA, who worked here very sparingly.

Then again, I never thought Devitt would ever ever leave, but here we are.

Yep, exactly. He definitely has more longevity in Japan at a minimum. It's an interesting scenario. Really interesting.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I was looking at AJPW 90s and NJPW 90s and comparing them to today and I thought it was kind of funny how their 'main event scene' mentality reversed.
zhEEJPE.jpg
lHIH2xq.jpg

847GuPK.jpg
5yXhWz5.jpg

Not counting old man Fujinami, nobody in 90s NJPW went over 3 reigns from 90-2000.
Part of why I could never get into AJPW 90s was those three same dudes all the time. Even when Misawa wasn't champion, the focus was always on Misawa. It's nice when you just go back and look at the matches one by one, but when you're trying to watch all of it, it gets old. Again, Misawa being the absolute worst offender. It's why I enjoyed 90s NJPW so much more.

I like Suwama, but I have no idea how he managed to get 4 Triple Crown reigns except for 'I don't know I'm kind of like Jumbo sort of'

somedevil

Itami was finally adjusting and was doing real well before his injury. He was suppose to win the title from Owens in Japan.

As for Okada he is not leaving New Japan when they are going to make him the guy on January 4. I remember when WWE first was interested New Japan gave him 2 years when they usually go year by year.

Just hope Okada is saving his money. I remember the old stories where he was spending his money like Ric Flair.

I'm not too knowledgeable of anything outside of WWE, but from what I DO know, isn't Okada being built up to replace Tanahashi? Like someone said, he's only 27. He's seemingly being groomed to be the next face of NJPW right..? I don't think they'd like to give him up that easily.

Yeah, the whole storyline with Okada for the past year+ has been him wanting to replace Tanahashi as the "ace" of New Japan. He's the one proven main event star they've got who's under 30 and there's no real generational rival for Okada, so it's understandable that the promotion's being built around him.

Just finished Life is Strange Episode 4.
It's the GOTY.
And it ain't even close

Litreally (as in watching the credits right now) just finished Episode 3 (actual spoilers below)

WHAT DID I DO!?

Though if all my previous choices are now undone, that's kinda annoying

Top Bottom