• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin |OT| The Sunday of Summer

giphy.gif

YA LITTLE WEEZEL

Man God

Non-Canon Member
The last official Nashvember thread did MONSTER numbers. We haven't had one since, despite the best efforts of the booking committee.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Finally got to the ECW Raw in 1997. TNA versus GFW this is not. Even has an interview with the world's most dangerous man, Ken Shamrock, who looks like a goon!

Finally got to the ECW Raw in 1997. TNA versus GFW this is not. Even has an interview with the world's most dangerous man, Ken Shamrock, who looks like a goon!

It was mostly an ecw showcase if I recall. ECW talent comes out while Paul E. tries to sell them as quickly as possible. Nothing much comes out of it aside from a really heated segment with Lawler and Paul later.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
It was mostly an ecw showcase if I recall. ECW talent comes out while Paul E. tries to sell them as quickly as possible. Nothing much comes out of it aside from a really heated segment with Lawler and Paul later.

It had Marlena and Sunny in an arm wrestling contest, Shamrock calling the King a LIAR, and the BWO so far.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Just saw Tazz squash a goober while Sabu jumped off of the R in the RAW logo. Now Mosh and Trasher, kings of Shotgun Saturday Night are facing their surprise opponents. The Legion of Doom!

Limit

Is the move name "rainmaker" derived from the movie "looper" or does it predate the movie? And if it does predate it, what is the source of this name?

Is the move name "rainmaker" derived from the movie "looper" or does it predate the movie? And if it does predate it, what is the source of this name?

The move is named that because Okada's gimmick is The Rainmaker.

And when it started, all The Rainmaker gimmick was was 'money falls from the ceiling, and he does a shitty pose'. Seriously.

When he redebuted at Wrestle Kingdom 1 year against TACOS, I thought the match was shit. Then when he came out to challenge Tana for the belt at the end, I thought he'd flame out real bad.

Turns out I'm retarded.

Top Bottom