• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin |OT| The Sunday of Summer

Jamie OD

If they really want to get Eva some heel heat they could have her take the belt off of Bayley. Of course, she would have to remember to kick out of a pin for that to happen.

Save that for Dana Brooke. Dana's been good but the hatred she'll get online for beating Bayley for the title will be sweet.

Just checked out Summerslam 2013 - well, the Brock vs CM Punk and Bryan vs Cena matches anyway, the rest look like chaff.

Two things I guess!

Brock vs CM Punk was entertaining enough to watch the whole match. That isn't saying much coming from me since Brock is my favourite thing ever, and I've always been curious about CM Punk since I only started watching just after he left, but the match was cool especially because Brock was doing all kinds of moves he isn't doing at the moment. Nice to see a recent match from him where he pulls out different things, and I hope they incorporate that back in when he's challenged in a storyline rather than being the unbeatable force that can only be cheated against. CM Punk was good, also.

This match isn't quite my Brock, his physical acting is different since he's pure heel with some cowardice (through Heyman interference) thrown in, but it was still pretty dang cool.

And about the Bryan vs Cena match - I remember back at Wrestlemania XXX, which I watched the run up to due to this Daniel Bryan guy being the best thing ever, a lot of people were saying the WWE were forced into giving Bryan that Wrestlemania spot and didn't want to have him as a major star. It seems from this main event, and the creation of the Authority the following night with the intention of stopping Bryan from getting the title back, that what HHH said about them playing out a long story of Bryan getting his reward after a long feud seems true. This is clearly all part of an elaborate set up for Bryan to get the championship again, even if they didn't intend it to play out exactly as it did. I didn't really know what was going on back then so I figured you guys were right about Daniel Bryan hijacking the show and WWE wanting him out of the main event etc, but it just doesn't seem like that was the case from this.

The stuff with Roman the next year definitely does seem like some serious misjudgment from the writers about what the fans were gonna respond to, though. Then they pulled out their ace card with Seth to kind of save all of that. So they're resourceful when they do fuck up, but maybe they don't fuck up as much as people think.

I dunno! I still think Undertaker is gonna beat Brock on sunday and that is a bummer...

Menome

BhQhYKjIEAAlyBQ.jpg

Even Dean Ambrose seems to be going: "Guys...seriously?"

Vylash

It seems the general belief is that Bayley will be the one to take the title from Sasha. I can't imagine Bayley holds it for very long considering she'll probably be called up soon. So who takes it from her? Eva? Dana? Alexa? I'm not necessarily averse to any of the options (NXT has shown the ability to develop women from nothing to something), but there doesn't seem to be a clear choice.

they just called up 3 women and they need a strong central figure for the nxt divas, i can't imagine Bayley being called up anytime soon, but i do imagine Dana will be the one to take it from Bayley since she's the furthest along

Aiii

So not worth it
they just called up 3 women and they need a strong central figure for the nxt divas, i can't imagine Bayley being called up anytime soon, but i do imagine Dana will be the one to take it from Bayley since she's the furthest along

I beg your pardon.

Dana Brooke should be nowhere near any title picture. She's below Eva Marie as far as in-ring ability goes.

Alexa Bliss is the right answer, by the way.

Striker

I pretty much ignored the entire Ruthless Aggression era. The only thing I really regret missing from that time period is Brock's debut and first run. Nothing else really appealed to me though.
Best stuff from the Ruthless Aggression Era was Eddie (both heel and face) and the short tenure Muhammad Hassan had. Edge was great, too.

The worst was easily the Triple H shit. Much worse to me than Cena circa 2005-2008. Triple H in '08-09 was equally awful. Dude barely lost and main evented all the time. Fuck off.

Guzim

Triple H ruled the Attitude Era and Ruthless Aggression Era with an iron fist
Remember when HHH feuded with Bubba Ray Dudley?

Also Michael Cole and Matt Striker wrestled? Again, mind blown.
Heel Cole was AWFUL, and it's honestly one of the worst things ever. If you think the commentary was bad now, listen to any matches he called during that era. Jerry Lawler having a heart attack forced him to become a face.

Just checked out Summerslam 2013 - well, the Brock vs CM Punk and Bryan vs Cena matches anyway, the rest look like chaff.

Two things I guess!

Brock vs CM Punk was entertaining enough to watch the whole match. That isn't saying much coming from me since Brock is my favourite thing ever, and I've always been curious about CM Punk since I only started watching just after he left, but the match was cool especially because Brock was doing all kinds of moves he isn't doing at the moment. Nice to see a recent match from him where he pulls out different things, and I hope they incorporate that back in when he's challenged in a storyline rather than being the unbeatable force that can only be cheated against. CM Punk was good, also.

This match isn't quite my Brock, his physical acting is different since he's pure heel with some cowardice (through Heyman interference) thrown in, but it was still pretty dang cool.

And about the Bryan vs Cena match - I remember back at Wrestlemania XXX, which I watched the run up to due to this Daniel Bryan guy being the best thing ever, a lot of people were saying the WWE were forced into giving Bryan that Wrestlemania spot and didn't want to have him as a major star. It seems from this main event, and the creation of the Authority the following night with the intention of stopping Bryan from getting the title back, that what HHH said about them playing out a long story of Bryan getting his reward after a long feud seems true. This is clearly all part of an elaborate set up for Bryan to get the championship again, even if they didn't intend it to play out exactly as it did. I didn't really know what was going on back then so I figured you guys were right about Daniel Bryan hijacking the show and WWE wanting him out of the main event etc, but it just doesn't seem like that was the case from this.

The stuff with Roman the next year definitely does seem like some serious misjudgment from the writers about what the fans were gonna respond to, though. Then they pulled out their ace card with Seth to kind of save all of that. So they're resourceful when they do fuck up, but maybe they don't fuck up as much as people think.

I dunno! I still think Undertaker is gonna beat Brock on sunday and that is a bummer...
The Punk-Brock match is awesome because it's pretty much the only time since Brock came back in 2012 that the crowd actually cheered for his opponent. I don't know if you've seen Summerslam 2012, but watch that for the ending. It is hilarious. I'll put it in the spoiler in case you didn't see it and want to watch it.
Brock defeats HHH, and HHH tries to do the whole sympathetic stay in the ring after a match and have the crowd cheer for you routine. Instead the crowd chants you tapped out, and WWE tried to get Thank You HHH to trend on Twitter. I think WWE tried to do something like that AGAIN the next night on Raw to have the crowd cheer for him.

klonere

Banned
I beg your pardon.

Dana Brooke should be nowhere near any title picture. She's below Eva Marie as far as in-ring ability goes.

Alexa Bliss is the right answer, by the way.

Thing is as far as in ring goes, nobody in the NXT women's divison is "ready" right now the standards set by the current stars. Unless they are hiding someone super competent in their callups that have yet to debut it could be a while before we get really great matches again once Bayley goes away. That way I'd prefer if she stayed in NXT for a while and defending against Bliss (who can then go and turn back face if they want) and Dana (who can lose and continue working on getting better).

Bayley on the main roster is a disaster I cannot bear to see :(

It seems the general belief is that Bayley will be the one to take the title from Sasha. I can't imagine Bayley holds it for very long considering she'll probably be called up soon. So who takes it from her? Eva? Dana? Alexa? I'm not necessarily averse to any of the options (NXT has shown the ability to develop women from nothing to something), but there doesn't seem to be a clear choice.

Emma or Glitter Glitz Sparkle Bliss

I missed the JBL championship era. Was it any good?

The transition from Bradshaw to Jbl happened over a week, and he was immediately thrust into the main event against Eddie, where he proceeded to basically copy Triple H on Raw except his stable was full of goobers who weren't meant to get over.

Did anyone else get this message regarding the network:

"We were unable to process your WWE Network subscription payment using the credit card/debit card or PayPal account information currently on file in the payment profile section of your account. As a result, your account is currently suspended."

Nothing wrong with my card or my bank account. I re-entered the information and now it says it's fine.

So just me with the network huh? :/

Dammit. This stuff makes me paranoid. If there's nothing wrong with my card or bank account, why would they be unable to process my request?

RP912

Banned
BTW I don't know if I'm late but they just open up a Wrestling Bundle webstore, sort of like Humblebundle except it's for wrestling goodies :).

https://www.thewrestlingbundle.com/

The Wrestling Bundle #1

We are kicking off the first-ever Wrestling Bundle discount sale with a bang. With guest host Matt Hardy leading the charge, Wrestling Bundle #1 certainly has some "Attitude"!

First, receive our exclusive "Water Cooler Talk featuring Matt Hardy" absolutely FREE, simply by signing up with your email! After that, increase your amount from $0 to whatever your want and receive our first tier of products, which includes an exclusive video shoot with JTG formerly of WWE's Cryme Tyme, "Feel The Heat: The History of SummerSlam" Vol. 1, a free one-month membership to Combat Zone Wrestling's on-demand service, plus some great matches courtesy of ClickWrestle.com!

Our second tier can be unlocked simply by paying more than the average, and includes our exclusive 90-minute shoot interview with Matt Hardy (you must hear this!), a three-month premium membership to WrestlingNewsWorld.com, an incredible six-man tag match featuring CM Punk, Samoa Joe & BJ Whitmer taking on Chris Hero, Homicide & B-Boy.

Finally, our third and top tier has one of the best independent shoot documentaries available on The New Age Outlaws, one of WWE's best tag teams of all time. In addition to the "Oh You Didn't Know" documentary, you'll also receive "The Raw Files: 1998" book by author James Dixon and company, one of the hottest years in pro wrestling history. Reviews for "The Raw Files" series are off the charts, and we're ecstatic to have one of its most popular volumes in our first bundle.

We even have a surprise or two up our sleeve, so get ready for that. Support wrestling and save a bundle by paying what YOU want for The Wrestling Bundle #1. You'll be glad you did!

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
i take it you finished episode 4?

almost. I had a terrible delay thanks to Win10 not working with it but an nvidia patch fixed me up, so I'm finally going through.

That "first decision" took no time at all for me to make the choice, but I also knew how I felt.

Now I know you are going blind Vince...you spelling Rocket League absolutely wrong.

Rocket League ain't shit. Can't hold a candle to the stuff I've played...

Life is Strange, friends....

GOTY?

GOTY

It's the GOTY and it ain't even close.

Like I said in the OT, Episode 5 could literally be 3 hours of a black screen and it still wins.

Now I know you are going blind Vince...you spelling Rocket League absolutely wrong.

I like Rocket League. A lot.

But nah fam. Life is Strange is special.

Also oh my god Sunny that first choice destroyed me, but I decided pretty quickly too. The way they fuck with you if you're indecisive is terrible, too.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Life is Strange and Her Story both gave me experiences I can't get anywhere else.

Rocket League is the type of game you play while you're waiting to die.

RP912

Banned
The hype for Life is Strange seems justified...but I refuse to play another episodic game unless it's the Walking Dead.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
As nice as Bloodborne is, it ain't sniffin my Fave Five at the end of the year. Souls series needs to hang it up for a decade and come back reinvigorated. I got the fatigue.

I been hearing good, nay GREAT things about the new King's Quest.

Top Bottom