• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin |OT| The Sunday of Summer

Who's ready for Odd-tober?
golga.jpg

RBH

I'll never forgot when Sting kicked off Raw one time in the lead-up to Mania and clearly stated that him coming to WWE had nothing to do with trying to avenge WCW's defeat because that would be silly at this point, and then 5 minutes later, Stephanie comes out and starts to chastise Sting for being on the losing side of the Monday Night War.

The disconnect in that promo seemed odd to me at the time, and in hindsight, it kinda served as a sign of what was to come at Mania, with the "LOL WCW LOST" shit that Vince fed to the commentators at the end of the Sting/HHH match.

jred2k

This avatar sucks. It wasn't until I started this gimmick that I realized how little I pay attention to commentary and how little input JBL actually gives.

#shooting

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Rewatching anything from WWE from 2005 to today, I don't know how the fuck I watched Raw weekly for so fucking long. It's just so boring. There's so many fucking lows and the highs never make up for them. I imagine if it was 3 hours back then, I would have been broken by 2008 rather than 2013. Like god damn this struggle fucking roster, these struggle matches, these storylines that are barely there. I can even watch WCW 2000 and kind of enjoy how stupid it is and how wasteful they are, but you can really tell how safe Vince is with his grasp on pro wrestling by 2005 it's just SO fucking boring. It's not even BAD like WCW got. It's just boring. It's so fucking boring which is the worst thing I can say about what is Trash TV.

That whole fucking era feels like it barely exists to me.

Fox318

Rewatching anything from WWE from 2005 to today, I don't know how the fuck I watched Raw weekly for so fucking long. It's just so bad. There's so many fucking lows and the highs never make up for them. I imagine if it was 3 hours back then, I would have been broken by 2008 rather than 2013. Like god damn this struggle fucking roster, these struggle matches, these storylines that are barely there.

death of Eddie really was the beginning of the end.

Honestly HHH on tv probably hurt them more than it helped them.

Rewatching anything from WWE from 2005 to today, I don't know how the fuck I watched Raw weekly for so fucking long. It's just so boring. There's so many fucking lows and the highs never make up for them. I imagine if it was 3 hours back then, I would have been broken by 2008 rather than 2013. Like god damn this struggle fucking roster, these struggle matches, these storylines that are barely there. I can even watch WCW 2000 and kind of enjoy how stupid it is and how wasteful they are, but you can really tell how safe Vince is with his grasp on pro wrestling by 2005 it's just SO fucking boring. It's not even BAD like WCW got. It's just boring. It's so fucking boring which is the worst thing I can say about what is Trash TV.

I pretty much ignored the entire Ruthless Aggression era. The only thing I really regret missing from that time period is Brock's debut and first run. Nothing else really appealed to me though.

Guzim

I missed the JBL championship era. Was it any good?
It was awful for most of the reign. To me, it didn't really click until towards the end when Cena won the title from him. Their WM match is awful though, but I recommend their match at Judgment Day 2005. Warning: it's very bloody.

JBL as a wrestler is a weird concept to me since I really only caught the Attitude era stuff of WWF (outside of the typical late 80's/early 90's stuff for some odd reason) before getting back into it at the end of Punk's run. Kinda like Vampiro on Lucha, never saw his WCW stuff so it was weird to realise they were big time wrestlers at one point.

Also Michael Cole and Matt Striker wrestled? Again, mind blown.

It seems the general belief is that Bayley will be the one to take the title from Sasha. I can't imagine Bayley holds it for very long considering she'll probably be called up soon. So who takes it from her? Eva? Dana? Alexa? I'm not necessarily averse to any of the options (NXT has shown the ability to develop women from nothing to something), but there doesn't seem to be a clear choice.

It seems the general belief is that Bayley will be the one to take the title from Sasha. I can't imagine Bayley holds it for very long considering she'll probably be called up soon. So who takes it from her? Eva? Dana? Alexa? I'm not necessarily averse to any of the options (NXT has shown the ability to develop women from nothing to something), but there doesn't seem to be a clear choice.

My guess is that Bayley is next, then probably Bliss

jred2k

If they really want to get Eva some heel heat they could have her take the belt off of Bayley. Of course, she would have to remember to kick out of a pin for that to happen.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
From Bayley to Dana for nuclear heat, who is beaten by none other than Red Queen Eva. It'd be the perfect way to get the crowd on her side. Or if they boo them both it'd just show how shitty the crowd is, either way I win.

Top Bottom