• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin |OT| The Sunday of Summer

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
ROH 2009 was the definition of Hard Times, Daddeh

Aiii

So not worth it
Seriously, guys, millennials are what we are. This generation of teenagers is the generation we're fucking up as parents. Get your terminology right.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Seriously, guys, millennials are what we are. This generation of teenagers is the generation we're fucking up as parents. Get your terminology right.

No, I'm older than you and I'm pretty sure it's your "kind" that fucked things up pal. Then you people started breeding too early.

Aiii

So not worth it
No, I'm older than you and I'm pretty sure it's your "kind" that fucked things up pal. Then you people started breeding too early.

Exactly how old are you? Because it's our parents that fucked our generation.

Seriously though, the teens now were born around 2000, which is pretty much the end point of Generation Y.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I'm praying I'm actually older than Aiii, and didn't just curse my own kind.

Exactly how old are you? Because it's our parents that fucked our generation.

Seriously though, the teens now were born around 2000, which is pretty much the end point of Generation Y.

Jenks > your faves

tumblr_nrt88ewqr91tx4uo1o2_400.gif

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Jenks > your faves

tumblr_nrt88ewqr91tx4uo1o2_400.gif

I like FMV games way more than I should, but my disdain for all things British...it's a troubled journey. I'll finish it someday.

It always feels so weird to me that there's these little towns that exist where people don't own cars. SO STRANGE.

Browny

Banned
Damn I really wanted to pre order the game, but I still got to finish Dragonfall.

205030145a1abcaed4efe27133eb23c6.340x255x61.gif

One of the highlights of the past few years for me. Although it has prevented me from doing much else in the way of gaming.

And I still have Deus Ex HR to play through...

RP912

Banned

One of the highlights of the past few years for me. Although it has prevented me from doing much else in the way of gaming.

And I still have Deus Ex HR to play through...

Love that game...but yeah I'm get right to it this week since I got Dragon Age Origins to work on.

Sephzilla

My personal GOTY is a two way race between Bloodborne and Rocket League, with a third spot in the race reserved for Mario Maker.

Mad Max, however, looks like it could be the dark horse surprise of the year. Too bad it's launching the same day as Metal Gear.

Aiii

So not worth it
My personal GOTY is a two way race between Bloodborne and Rocket League, with a third spot in the race reserved for Mario Maker.

Mad Max, however, looks like it could be the dark horse surprise of the year. Too bad it's launching the same day as Metal Gear.

Gamescom report I saw mentioned abysmal framerate. Hoping it was an old build, but if that was a recent build, I fear for the final product.

Sephzilla

Gamescom report I saw mentioned abysmal framerate. Hoping it was an old build, but if that was a recent build, I fear for the final product.

All of the recent stuff I watched makes it look like its about 30 FPS, which is absolutely tolerable for me.

Menome

28. Certified millennial (just).

Past five years' worth of GOTYs:

2010: Alpha Protocol
2011: Batman: Arkham City (I didn't play Dark Souls until 2014)
2012: Katawa Shoujo
2013: Antichamber
2014: The Vanishing of Ethan Carter

RP912

Banned
No wonder Wrasslegaf not getting ratings...this place is a retirement home. Community version of the National Wrestling Alliance in 2015.

RP912

Banned
Justdoit.gif

I haven't even bought Inquisition yet. My backlog makes me cry just thi.....

*breaks down into tears*

It's well worth the buy trust me. Love the hell out of that game...fetch quest and all.

On another note Tana/Naka was amazing despite the ending.

jred2k

I'm kind of glad to not see anyone mentioning Witcher 3 as a GOTY. Makes me feel like I'm not missing much by not having played it yet. I've gotta let a few more patches come out before I feel confident it will be a great experience.

Menome

I'm kind of glad to not see anyone mentioning Witcher 3 as a GOTY. Makes me feel like I'm not missing much by not having played it yet. I've gotta let a few more patches come out before I feel confident it will be a great experience.

It might be great. Problem is I started The Witcher in 2010 and still haven't gotten past The Neverending Swamp.

EDIT: Plus, I've lost a lot of patience for massive, sprawling open-world games these days. Much prefer a tighter narrative and sequenced events with a bit of exploration as opposed to "Go anywhere" now I have less time to spare.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
28. Certified millennial (just).

Past five years' worth of GOTYs:

2010: Alpha Protocol
2011: Batman: Arkham City (I didn't play Dark Souls until 2014)
2012: Katawa Shoujo
2013: Antichamber
2014: The Vanishing of Ethan Carter

Great list, except for Katawa Shoujo. Yikes!

Antichamber was neat. Arkham City was ok. But Alpha Protocol was my GOTY that year as well and Vanishing was AMAAAAAAZING.

Menome

Great list, except for Katawa Shoujo. Yikes!

Antichamber was neat. Arkham City was ok. But Alpha Protocol was my GOTY that year as well and Vanishing was AMAAAAAAZING.

You can turn the naughty scenes off for Katawa Shoujo, it's fine. One of the characters (my usual avatar) resonated with me due to my own problems with hearing loss and personality issues, so it was quite a cathartic experience. If I was to pick a more traditional game from that year, then it'd be Borderlands 2. Completing the campaign and DLC with three friends in co-op was a blast and is why I'm giving Battleborn the benefit of the doubt after the Colonial Marines fiasco.

Sephzilla

I can safely say that my Movie of the Year is easily Mad Max Fury Road, however. That movie is safely in the discussion for one of the all time great action movies

Myman.gif

Asylum will always be the best Batman game. I couldn't get into AC for strange reasons. It didn't capture the batshit insanity of AA (no pun).

The more open world nature of City got a bit tedious and the entire last act of the story is an absolute fucking mess. It's like someone told Paul Dini "I bet you cant put X amount of pointless plot twists into the ending" and he responded with challenge accepted.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
You can turn the naughty scenes off for Katawa Shoujo, it's fine. One of the characters (my usual avatar) resonated with me due to my own problems with hearing loss and personality issues, so it was quite a cathartic experience. If I was to pick a more traditional game from that year, then it'd be Borderlands 2. Completing the campaign and DLC with three friends in co-op was a blast and is why I'm giving Battleborn the benefit of the doubt after the Colonial Marines fiasco.

That's a surprising option. Regarding hearing and disability, I'm super psyched that AbleGamers have released a nice checklist for devs so they can make their games easier to access for people with any kind of issue. That shit is important and a lot of it is nearly effortless, people just forget because they may have no issues, but a little time can make a world of difference.

Top Bottom