• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin |OT| The Sunday of Summer

Moving friggin sucks.

What did I miss while I was gone?

Me.. I hope

gxh3.gif

As far as WWE is concerned, the problem is that their heels are always more compelling characters than their faces - of course, after a few months of WWE Creative's special touch, even the most fan favoured heel can be worth exactly jack shit. Feeling like I'm done with WWE for a while, at least until the Rumble.

I always have hated when a heel is getting over as a face, and WWE decides to let the Superstar make the official switch, the character stops doing the shit that made them over and start pandering to the crowd.

So many examples of the heel not giving a shit about the crowd, then the moment they go face, they give some terrible promo about how great the fans are, to varying degrees.

I always have hated when a heel is getting over as a face, and WWE decides to let the Superstar make the official switch, the character stops doing the shit that made them over and start pandering to the crowd.

So many examples of the heel not giving a shit about the crowd, then the moment they go face, they give some terrible promo about how great the fans are, to varying degrees.

I mean, it works for some people, but yeah, for the most part when someone turns face after being over as a heel because of crowd reaction, during that transition then end up losing what we loved about them. Which is why Punk's face turn was a little awkward at first.

The Rock actually had a great system since he was already talking about how he was the people's champ who didn't take shit from anybody. After his first turn he didn't have to change anything, just insult the crowd less.

The Rock actually had a great system since he was already talking about how he was the people's champ who didn't take shit from anybody. After his first turn he didn't have to change anything, just insult the crowd less.

The problems with him started after he came back - he just smiles and looks at the crowd all the time now.

I mean he only comes on a few times a year so it is an 'event' but it's still not that fun when he's grinning all vanilla style.

klonere

Banned
Also Sunny, if anyone at Konami should be let go its the PR team because letting that story get out in their own home territory to one of the most well regarded financial newspapers in the world is terrible. If you are going to institute stuff like that at least put a smiling corporate face behind it.

Retro Observer showing Dave predicting Death of WCW

Flat is probably the best way to describe the Bash as a show. While still thriving off the momentum created as interest in the company was on the ascension until two months ago, it is clear again that the future demands some major changes. The answer is relatively easy and initially will be painful. The old guard needs to pass the torch to the new guard. Business will go down initially, but as with the WWF, in the long run the face of the product will be fresh. It was funny seeing just before the main event that Jurassic Park sign regarding Hogan & Hart vs. Piper & Savage air because the director thought it was a positive sign, not realizing the sign emphasized the growing feeling that the wrestlers on the top of the promotion were dinosaurs. You could probably write a book, and someday someone might, just on how anyone could pay Bret Hart so much money and use him so poorly, but while his short-term money is with Hogan and that can't be thrown away, by being positioned in the dinosaur match, he clearly in the eyes of the fans became one of the dinosaurs.

Fox318

Perfect Video tribute. Sad that they couldn't really show more of mania 1 because that was the rowdy show when you look back.

Top Bottom