• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin |OT| The Sunday of Summer

Thoughts on Heyman turning on Brock and siding with Taker, leading to a Taker win at Summerslam and then Brock getting the win at Mania? Heyman is a busy guy, I'm surprised he's been around as much as he has.

Heyman running promos against Brock would be tons of fun to watch.

Barrage

Watching some old NXT (Takeover Four-Way)..Renee Young was a pretty damn good colour commentator. She's saying the right things, her timing is just meh. She and Byron manage to make the Ascension sound impressive, despite what actually looking at them may lead you to believe.

Fuuck,when i'm hyped for a weekend of wrestling I always watch way too much during the week.

OctoMan

Banned
Thoughts on Heyman turning on Brock and siding with Taker, leading to a Taker win at Summerslam and then Brock getting the win at Mania? Heyman is a busy guy, I'm surprised he's been around as much as he has.

Don't think they'll do taker/brock 3. I think they'll have to go bigger than a rematch to sell out 120k.

the Stone Cold podcast with Vampiro was great. I like how he described the moment he realized Milli Vanilli weren't singing their own songs. "This was a fucking work!"

Super-fun show tonight. It wasn't an amazing night of wrestling, but it was effective at building up the big matches...except for Cena-Seth. I don't care all that much about it, but I should - and they've hurt it by making Cena a cocky asshole before the match. Seth is hurt by wanting to win to please Mom and Dad. BROCK'S HOMECOMING RULED! We got Heyman singing and some amazing Brock faces from this whole deal.

http://jayreviewsthings.blogspot.com/2015/08/raw-8-17-15.html

Screens -

Best Brock faces ever

http://www.imagebam.com/gallery/ft0lmswheep3pe8ziqrbn8hf0358hkuw

Don't think they'll do taker/brock 3. I think they'll have to go bigger than a rematch to sell out 120k.

They could bill it as a retirement match. Maybe even get Bray on side with Taker as well, make Lesnar the lone wolf out to wipe out Taker for good. Make it no DQ so Lesnar can destroy all 3 of them.

Vylash

They could bill it as a retirement match. Maybe even get Bray on side with Taker as well, make Lesnar the lone wolf out to wipe out Taker for good. Make it no DQ so Lesnar can destroy all 3 of them.

handicap matches aren't fun, pair brock up with another lone wolf

tumblr_nc5iuetlge1si9kpgo2_5001.gif

Did I miss something or does Kevin Owens and Cesaro really don't have a match for Summerslam?
they do

20150813_Summerslam_Match_OwensCesaro_LIGHT_HP.jpg

tm24

It was pretty surprising to me just how much bleeding/brawling goes on in lucha. WCW cruserwights it is not
I'm honestly surprised more people aren't aware of it. Or how bloodthirsty it's fans are. Watch people want to kill Santo or even Perro Jr when they turn heel. Shit is real.

I barely even notice Owens anymore, dude got got hit with the Cena curse hard.

Rusev is a true talent for making it through Cena, an injury, and cuckolding and yet I still notice him.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Park(a) and Perro seem like the most liked rudos in Mexico. Even when they're being total pieces of shit, they still have fans in the crowd. I was talking online to some diehard CMLL fans that shit on everything AAA except for Perro and Pentagon.

Perro vs Cibernetico
Perro vs Mystzyyzyzyz

Lots of blood in both these. Really great matches too. Mistico/Cara's best imo.

NoRéN

I barely even notice Owens anymore, dude got got hit with the Cena curse hard.

Rusev is a true talent for making it through Cena, an injury, and cuckolding and yet I still notice him.

Rusev was given a lifetime supply of lemons. Dude is now swimming in lemonade.

Toki767

They should never separate Heyman from Brock. They did it before and it sucked. You could just tell that Heyman didn't believe anything he said whenever he had to talk trash to Brock.

tm24

Park(a) and Perro seem like the most liked rudos in Mexico. Even when they're being total pieces of shit, they still have fans in the crowd. I was talking online to some diehard CMLL fans that shit on everything AAA except for Perro and Pentagon.

Perro vs Cibernetico
Perro vs Mystzyyzyzyz

Lots of blood in both these. Really great matches too. Mistico/Cara's best imo.

Diehard CMLL fans are pretty big masochists. But yeah, Myzteziz is another great bleeder. It's really the mask that adds to the feel.

Vylash

the thought of Cena or Rollins holding 2 titles and therefore wrestling twice the number of matches is pretty cool, the thought of them cutting twice as many promos is terrifying

Aiii

So not worth it
Return it and get ANY other Android flagship telephone?

I kid, I kid
Prepare for slow OS updates, though

Ha enjoyed Miz channeling Rick Rude on Raw when he was taking off his sunglasses, nice touch.

They should never separate Heyman from Brock. They did it before and it sucked. You could just tell that Heyman didn't believe anything he said whenever he had to talk trash to Brock.

Yeah that's true. I'm just not sure how they could make Taker a big threat to Brock, especially with someone as composed and smart as Heyman in Brock's corner.

Forkball

Cena's new shirt makes me think he won't walk out with the title. Why make something only relevant for a week? I'm having flashbacks to Brock's Eat Sleep Break the Streak shirt.

Shibata's post G1 comments;

"I thought it was over after our G1 bout, Naito. Guess I was wrong. You lousy, rotten punk. I'll beat you down, anytime."

Fuck yes.

Sou Da

It's funny. I got diarrhea right as the Reigns/Harper match started. Still got it today, gonna have to find a way to rewatch raw.

Striker

it needs to be finn or bryan to beat brock

preferably finn
wat

Brock is on Mike and Mike this morning (ESPN Radio). Not sure what they'll talk about; obviously the SummerSlam match and him facing The Undertaker will be brought up. Surely another reason they brought back The Deadman for this big show. Say he was fighting Kevin Owens or Sheamus, Coach will say "Who is that jabroni?" They needed someone big, and they did Cena last year (and at the Rumble). Brock needs the win a million times more. Either it was desperate times for desperate measures. And from post-SS until Rumble they'll be treading water against MNF.

Top Bottom