• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin |OT| The Sunday of Summer

klonere

Banned
Shibata's post G1 comments;

"I thought it was over after our G1 bout, Naito. Guess I was wrong. You lousy, rotten punk. I'll beat you down, anytime."

Fuck yes.

Oh baby I am excited for that series

Some FCW wrestling cards surfaced, who that World Champion look in developmental

A)
KO73s06.jpg

or

B)
dJGqnls.jpg

Aiii

So not worth it
Roman Leaky.

It's easy to see why they changed that name... To Roman Rains.

What's this guy's obsession with dripping fluids?

Browny

Banned
Return it and get ANY other Android flagship telephone?

I kid, I kid
Prepare for slow OS updates, though

Yeah, I've just been out at lunch and it's going through a software update. But still, no IOS and iTunes is making me feel good (at the moment)...

And wtf at ^^^?

Hex

Banned
Cena's new shirt makes me think he won't walk out with the title. Why make something only relevant for a week? I'm having flashbacks to Brock's Eat Sleep Break the Streak shirt.

I think it is brilliant really.
All those people who bought it will have to buy a new one after Cena wins.
Though I have already given my prediction.
HHH gets involved or gets someone else involved.
HHH takes the title from Rollins in the near future.
HHH vs Cena at Mania with Cena winning the belt and breaking the record.

RP912

Banned
I give it to Strong Style Nikki...she at least tries to make you believe she's legit. That being said, she needs a match to make people believe in the hype and so far it's just been meh to ok matches with her.

Fox318

I give it to Strong Style Nikki...she at least tries to make you believe she's legit. That being said, she needs a match to make people believe in the hype and so far it's just been meh to ok matches with her.

CEpD4Cg.png

The standard for a champion.

Aiii

So not worth it
are you people really this desperate to discredit nikki?

You know what? For seven year "veterans" in this business, they have still only improved so much that they're mediocre workers on their best days. And they're still completely incapable of cutting believable promos (or commentary, or backstage segments).

These are not the people you should be (re)building your division around. Now that you've gotten these new girls up on the main roster, you should have moved away from the Bellas as quickly as possible, if your goal was to return some credibility to the division. Especially since the crowd has a preconceived notion about The Bellas and the previous state of the division already.

But, I've probably put more thought into this particular post than Vince McMahon and his people put into the Divas over the past month combined, so what do I know.

Nikki not defending her title so she's pretty much guaranteed to get a record breaking title run (by not doing anything at all) says it all, really.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Nikki's great. I haven't heard her botch a promo on the level Cesaro did though.

Raw64life

are you people really this desperate to discredit nikki?

I don't get it either. It's just as much Sasha's job to not stutter step and make sure she's in the right place for the spot as it is Nikki's. And even if it was more Nikki's fault, don't sell something when you don't even get touched. Watch how a boss like Averno reacts to a botch...

2772288-2961588724-HIQqp.gif

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I mean, shit, you guys are right. Nikki missed that, nevermind whose fault it is. She must have been a sham all along. I'll join you guys in the Nikki Sucks chant, because that gif made it obvious her career is CRAP.

klonere

Banned
Not even taking the in ring content into account I'm thinking that Divas Revolution is my equivalent of the Invasion storyline.

Wasted wasted wasted potential forever with all the wrong people getting heat off it (well, person, that being Steph). Directionless, aimless, characterless garbage.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
So I watched this dope 2 hour RAW from Germany with British Bulldog becoming the first ever European champion after defeating his tag team partner, Owen Hart. This match has some of the best near falls I have ever seen. This whole show in fact would have made for a dope PPV.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Divas Revolution is giving women a better chance to excel. It's not about storyline, it's not about their characters - all that can go any direction.

It's about getting back to what makes women's wrestling interesting, and finally being given the time to make something. If they aren't so good at it, then that's no different than anyone else, but it's meant to level the playing field. Forget all the "Well they're just trying to cash in on Rousey" or anything like that.

Anything that provides better opportunities for women, I am completely behind it and rooting for success. Women have been ignored or treated like garbage for far too long, and this helps. The end.

Zach

As the guy who only watches the PPVs, Nikki is atrocious. Like, it makes me not want to watch. Hate her character. Find her wrasslin' dull. Ugh. Terrible.

So I watched this dope 2 hour RAW from Germany with British Bulldog becoming the first ever European champion after defeating his tag team partner, Owen Hart. This match has some of the best near falls I have ever seen. This whole show in fact would have made for a dope PPV.

Some fantastic back in forth in that match

RP912

Banned
I know whats missing in the Divas division....promos and segments. It just seems like all of the divas are just walking muppets without no guidance. I know Total Divas is suppose to be a storyline, but it shouldn't be a storyline.

How in the hell I'm suppose to take Nikki serious as a champion if she's not cutting promos about her reign, who are these random NXT divas wrestling on WWE tv and why should I care, and why Brie not showing a sight of emotion during her sisters title run?

All of these questions making me realize that AJ had the goddamn division on her back. She cut promos, backed her shit up, and had high caliber matches *Kat, Paige (ok at most), and even Nattie*. Once she left...there's no doubt that the division is a voided mess that needs some guidance...SOMETHING!

There is a reason why they gave Sasha the jobber entrance in her hometown.

They are trying to protect Nikki so they can get one over on phil brooks.

Yeah, that was such a blatant miss and it wasn't the only one in the match, Sasha shouldn't have sold that shit but I imagine if she hadn't someone would've bitched afterwards about it.

Striker

The division was awful when AJ was around, too. Hindsight. A girl like Natalya is strangely underused. Meanwhile, through the past 2-3 years, it's been non-stop AJ-Paige, AJ-Brie, AJ-Nikki, Paige-Nikki, Paige-Brie. They may rotate in a Diva or two

But really you can say that's the same thing going for the midcard and tag division, too. The tag division had a rebirth a bit a few years ago but derailed quickly.

Sephzilla

If Sasha doesn't sell that move then the girlfriend-to-the-star-of-the-company goes and bitches to someone and Sasha gets punished.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
She sold it because she didn't know exactly how bad it looked. Jeez, you people and your not-so-stealthy agendas.

Reigns completely whiffed his basement dropkick on Harper, and Harper sold it. Yet nobody's talking about it. Hmm, wonder why that is? For fuck's sake, people.

Sephzilla

She sold it because she didn't know exactly how bad it looked. Jeez, you people and your not-so-stealthy agendas.

Reigns completely whiffed his basement dropkick on Harper, and Harper sold it. Yet nobody's talking about it. Hmm, wonder why that is? For fuck's sake, people.

Yeah, that's honestly the real truth. From her perspective its kind of hard to properly tell how badly Nikki missed

RP912

Banned
The division was awful when AJ was around, too. Hindsight. A girl like Natalya is strangely underused. Meanwhile, through the past 2-3 years, it's been non-stop AJ-Paige, AJ-Brie, AJ-Nikki, Paige-Nikki, Paige-Brie. They may rotate in a Diva or two

But really you can say that's the same thing going for the midcard and tag division, too. The tag division had a rebirth a bit a few years ago but derailed quickly.

True but you can't deny that AJ made the title worth something again when it was just swapped back and forth between the divas without substance. Sure it was Aj and Paige doing their best Macho/Hogan match swap, but that just says something about booking. You have a division that can't do more than just basic moves while AJ, Paige, and Kat were going to the distance.I would love to see Fox wrestled like how she did on NXT or Nattie back to her old self. Unfortunately, that will never happen because booking looks at Women's wrestling as a joke :(.

Raw64life

I don't remember a single thing that happened during any of her title reigns except that one of them was for a long time and she lost it to Paige the day after Wrestlemania, so I'd absolutely argue that she didn't make the belt worth shit. Seriously, what angles occurred during those reigns? Link me to some of these great matches that apparently happened.

Now that I've seen Zack Sabre Jr. live, I think it's time to revise my Fave Five:

1. Shinsuke Nakamura
2. Sasha Banks
3. Cesaro
4. AJ Styles
5. Zack Sabre Jr.

Honorable mentions to Rusev, Chris Hero, John Cena, Brock Lesnar, Becky Lynch, and Roderick Strong, #BigMike, and Daisuke Sekimoto.

Hex

Banned

Do you need a Snickers friend?
You seem to be all aggro today.

Top Bottom