• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin |OT| The Sunday of Summer

RP912

Banned
I quit soda a few years ago and replaced my hankering for carbonated drinks with this.

34756b.jpg

I'm addicted to it.

I had cider ages ago and it was good. I may need to use this to help with my cravings.

Anth0ny

i've lost 30 pounds since February (196 -> 166) and gained a good deal of muscle. been going to the gym 4-5 times a week consistently, and dieting. 1.5 hour workout, 45 min cardio every day. if I can't make it to the gym for whatever reason, I run 7km.

my peak fatness was during finals of 2014. while I studied, I would just smash mcdonalds and potato chips pretty much daily. pure stress. now that I'm done school, I've pretty much cut out all of that stress junk food entirely. I still drink beer, though... pretty sure if I cut that out I'd be rick rude.

I wish I took a before and after pic but I didn't expect so much weight to be lost.

I still look like cm punk, though. skinny fat with fucking love handles. I plan to start that seth rollins workout soon but right now I'm still learning how to do a handstand properly lol

also STOP POSTING DELICIOUS FOOD YOU'RE KILLING ME

i've lost 30 pounds since February (196 -> 166) and gained a good deal of muscle. been going to the gym 4-5 times a week consistently, and dieting. 1.5 hour workout, 45 min cardio every day. if I can't make it to the gym for whatever reason, I run 7km.

my peak fatness was during finals of 2014. while I studied, I would just smash mcdonalds and potato chips pretty much daily. pure stress. now that I'm done school, I've pretty much cut out all of that stress junk food entirely. I still drink beer, though... pretty sure if I cut that out I'd be rick rude.

I wish I took a before and after pic but I didn't expect so much weight to be lost.

I still look like cm punk, though. skinny fat with fucking love handles. I plan to start that seth rollins workout soon but right now I'm still learning how to do a handstand properly lol

Good job man, you should be proud of yourself.

Supposedly avocado oil is good too. Never tried though.

edit: They have studied sucralose(splenda) and have found no harm to humans. Drink diet you'll be fine. But you also need fucking water.

Avocado oil is great, I got tired of olive oil flavor and decide to try avocado and coconut and both are good. Avocado for your daily meals, it gives them like an extra crunchy/spicy taste and coconut for deserts or sweet foots.

Cagey

Banned
I remember reading (or perhaps This American Life'ing) that British food is such bland shit today because of an aristocratic, patrician backlash to the plebian underclass getting access to the full scope of the world's spices when trade brought spices into Britain in such quantities as to reduce their price.

Thus, spices and seasonings went from a sign of nobility to commonplace. The richie riches disliked associating with the plebs and decided the next Hot Food Trend was bland utilitarian consumption free of spices, to distinguish themselves from the spice-loving flavor-loving Guy Fieris.

Britain. What a mess.

Zach

Guys, I just realized I have 68 sick days. That seems like a lot. How many days do you guys have right now, if you have sick days?

No "what's a sick day?" jokes, NeoGAF Vince.

imBask

Banned
Guys, I just realized I have 68 sick days. That seems like a lot. How many days do you guys have right now, if you have sick days?

68 over how long?

I literally took like 2 sick days in the past 3 years...

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member

Our sick and vacation time is together. I have over 120 :| Can't take em.

think my job stops accuring once you get to two months vacation/sick time. It's all in the same pool now, which is pretty common now that NYC has passed paid sick leave for all.

Cashed out at old employer and only got about a week and a half saved up at the new job so far.

Black pudding's actually delicious, as gross as it sounds.

British cuisine...smh
pies are meant to be sweet, not meaty

You guys have pot pies with meat in them, right? Pretty sure I heard Cartman mention chicken pot pie once :p Now just imagine that, but the pasty encasing the whole thing rather than just the top of a pot. Not so horrid, surely?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member

Congrats, friend. Progress is progress! And that's good progress.

You guys have pot pies with meat in them, right? Pretty sure I heard Cartman mention chicken pot pie once :p Now just imagine that, but the pasty encasing the whole thing rather than just the top of a pot. Not so horrid, surely?

We do but those aren't pies. Those are foods for the desperate and hungry. Not real. Pies = sweet, end of story!

Pie > Cake as well.

I can't wrap my head around a human enjoying black pudding.

imBask

Banned
oh you guys mean you have a sick day pool thing

I work for a little web agency, it's something more among the lines of "if you're sick your sick, if you can work from home do it, just don't abuse the system"

fine by me

w4SiH.gif

Sephzilla

My job integrates sick days into our normal PTO, so I don't know how many standard sick days I have

Aiii

So not worth it
Dear friends, here's a Frietje Speciaal:
22_-friet-speciaal.jpg

Curry Ketchup, Mayonaise and onions... What more could you possibly want?

Weeeeeelll... This is a Patatje Oorlog (Potato War):
patatoorlog.jpg

Same thing, but with added satay sauce. That's right.

Some bitterballen with mustard to go along with your beer:
BBB%20%20met%20mosterd(!540x360).jpg

Or a Frikandel Speciaal:
B7Z2-JdCQAIQand.jpg:large

(Picture taken from me and my friends, from our 5 Frikandellen Speciaal challenge, whoever could eat them first won, well nothing. I won)

And a lovely Kroket to finish that off with:

And you can get that all from a lovely vending machine:

Or, how about a Shawarma Kapsalon (Hairdresser's Saloon, I don't know why either):
17433_Kapsalon.jpg

Which is literally an entire meal in one go, you get your fries, your shawarma, your vegetables and your salad along with your garlic sauce in one huge mess. (This is the single best post-drinking binge food)

Now there's your deep fried goodness.

Zach

68 over how long?

I literally took like 2 sick days in the past 3 years...

Not taken. That's how many I have that I can take.

Our sick and vacation time is together. I have over 120 :| Can't take em.

I only have, I think it was 16 vacation days right now. I do have one floating holiday, though. That's basically just one more vacation day...

¡HarlequinPanic!;175926621 said:
think my job stops accuring once you get to two months vacation/sick time. It's all in the same pool now, which is pretty common now that NYC has passed paid sick leave for all.

Cashed out at old employer and only got about a week and a half saved up at the new job so far.

There's a cap for vacation days where I work. Like, I can only have 25 or something before I start accruing nothing. That's why I take the crap out of 'em.

And sick is funny. Apparently I'm like halfway to topping that out, but when sick is topped out it starts converting to vacation! So if I never leave this job, five years from now I'll be taking vacation, like, once a month. >_>

Cagey

Banned
20 vacation days (can carry over 20), 15 sick days (carry over all), and 3 administrative leave days (non-carryover vacation days) every year.

Any of you wrasslegaffers and your loved ones are always welcome to come to my trailer for potpies and mountain dew.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Or, how about a Shawarma Kapsalon (Hairdresser's Saloon, I don't know why either):
17433_Kapsalon.jpg

Which is literally an entire meal in one go, you get your fries, your shawarma, your vegetables and your salad along with your garlic sauce in one huge mess. (This is the single best post-drinking binge food)

Now there's your deep fried goodness.

Alright, so, entire meal in one go, Dutch vs the American contender...

YhEICDQ.png

Egg, sausage, cheese, pancake, SYRUP (it's IN the 'bun'! baked in!)

That Hairdresser's Saloon looks mighty good...

Sephzilla

Man, I'm a fucking huge Undertaker mark but goddamn I actually want to see Lesnar win on Sunday. Lesnar's the only guy who feels important anymore.

Wrong. I could eat McGriddle pancake buns for the rest of my life and die fat and happy. Ooooh, honey child...

Oh I could too, but I want to live into my 30's. I just find Egg McMuffins more delicious.

Sephzilla

Triple H is obviously Shao Kahn. Would John Cena be the Liu Kang? Is Orton Reptile or Shang Tsung?

Shao Khan = Triple H
Shang Tsung = Damien Sandow
Liu Kang = Hideo Itami
Sub-Zero = Glacier
Scorpion = Vince McMahon
Reptile = Randy Orton
Johnny Cage = The Miz
Sonya = Charlotte
Jax = Titus O'Neil
Stryker = Kevin Owens
Sindel = Stephanie McMahon
Kano = Seth Rollins

My favorite food from my trip the the UK 15 years ago was haggis. I would eat that all day, and never complain.

Plus those English Breakfasts. For real.

kiguel182

Tough Enough wise it's a shame Bryan didn't save Tanner. I guess he thought that ZZ would get the most votes and he didn't want to send Josh home but man, great chance to get rid of ZZ.

Also, pretty clear they want Sara Lee gone too, those questions told the whole story. I think Amanda might have a chance to win it if she has an amazing showing in the match and Sara Lee just tanks it but we'll see.

It's a great idea for a finale having two matches between the competitors. We'll probably get to see them plan the match and all. Pretty much the reason I like watching Tough Enough.

Top Bottom