• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin |OT| The Sunday of Summer

Can anyone remind me why everyone was scared of the Awesome Truth?

They locked themselves in a Cell and beat up 3 guys who were just made defenseless because of the half hour long match the 3 just had, and then also a cameraman and ref. This was enough to frighten the whole roster except for HHH because The Asskicker Fears Nothing

Guzim

They locked themselves in a Cell and beat up 3 guys who were just made defenseless because of the half hour long match the 3 just had, and then also a cameraman and ref. This was enough to frighten the whole roster except for HHH because The Asskicker Fears Nothing
Ahh, that's right. Thanks!

Wasnt a fan back then, how bad we talking?

A roster full of guys so devoid of charisma that WWE's sad attempts at making new stars fell flat on their face. The nail in the coffin of smackdown as a show worth watching. Injuries and wellness policy violations out the wazoo. Dying WCW level clusterfuck booking. WWECW's withering corpse putting out terrible shows. The slow destruction of Undertaker's body because they desperately needed him to feud with everybody just to get someone over. Guest hosts that alternated between cringeworthy and boring. It was Cena and HHH and Orton full throttle, and all of their feuds were dogshit. Vince and co played it so safe after benoit's death that they consolidated everything in order to maintain control, so the tag team, midcard, and women's divisions were virtually destroyed due to a lack of any sort of attention.

Heel

Oh, I thought the Kevin Owens thing would bring more than a canned promo playing off how insufferable the crowd was reacting to Brooklyn last week.

Let me know when someone shoots, brehs.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Oh, I thought the Kevin Owens thing would bring more than a canned promo playing off how insufferable the crowd was reacting to Brooklyn last week.

I heard Dolph Ziggler is going to use Triple H's real name

in a hash tag. On twitter.

Remember when miz main evented wrestlemania

k10ZTkX.gif

NoRéN

Did you not find it edgy? I mean, he was pandering to the internet crowd.

Remember when miz main evented wrestlemania

Barely. And after the concussion he got that night, I'm sure "barely" is how he'd reply as well

'07-'09 was pretty good overall - they tried to make some new stars.

tried..

I forgot how great Edge was during that time period too.

I absolutely hated Edge. Awful face, awful heel. He was only good up until when Lita stopped being his valet.

Wasnt a fan back then, how bad we talking?

Mostly just because it was the same like 5 or so guys main eventing and facing one another over and over and over and over. It was stale. Basically everything Esto said. It wasn't till the summer of Punk where things started to perk up. It was a little bumpy, but it paved the way to getting us out of hell

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Daniel Bryan said:
The key to his longevity is his intelligence. He’s smart about wrestling. He was doing the Shooting Star Press and all these high-flying moves before anybody. He got the brain tumor, but he comes back. What does he beat a lot of people with? A palm strike to the face. It got to where he can transition to a style that’s safer on his body, but the crowd still loves it. He’s probably one of the smartest minds in wrestling.
I wonder if he hears himself

Man God

Non-Canon Member
The single best part about Heel Champion Miz was the fight with King on RAW, which is legitimately one of the best segments ever in the history of Monday Night RAW.

He's also genuinely unlikable in a good heel sort of way.

Oh and fuck EVERYTHING Vince was involved with onscreen during that time.

Hornswoggle was his illegitimate son.

That phase where he gave out a million dollars to a random internet participant for three weeks which they cut short by blowing up the stage on top of him. And making Mike Adamle GM.

His feud with Orton/Legacy that ended in nothing but Shane leaving forever.

The Bret hart feud.

Nexus putting him in a coma.

STAND UP FOR WWE.

Vylash

i miss the old days when miz and truth were so """""dangerous""""" that cena had to call in the rock to beat them, but that didn't stop cena from beating both of them in a handicap match on the go home show

On the bright side, this time period had Chris Jericho in his 'you sycophantic troglodytes' phase, which was so above everything else he's ever done.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
The Miz's main problem is that he's too good of a heel.

He got Alex Riley over as a face. No one is more unlikable than A-Ry. He got King over when he'd been stale for a decade. He had awesome tag teams with Truth and Show.

The Miz's main problem is that he's too good of a heel.

He got Alex Riley over as a face. No one is more unlikable than A-Ry. He got King over when he'd been stale for a decade. He had awesome tag teams with Truth and Show.

He's just a perfect asshole heel. That feud he had with Bryan was perfect (and the combo of him + Cole put it into fucking overdrive).

I'm trying to remember this one in ring interview Cole did with Heel Bryan where Bryan explains why he's a heel, and Cole not only buys it, but does a 180 on commentary and immediately supports Bryan.

The way the Full Sail crowd acts makes me embarrassed to an extent that I'll be associated with them in a month's time. Feels bad, bros.

Honestly, the majority of the Full Sail crowd isn't that bad. Most of the people I've sat around at the half dozen or so tapings I've attended sit there quietly, cheering and applauding at the appropriate moments. The problem is you've got a couple small pockets of about four or five people on the hard cam that like to chant smarky shit all the time to get a rise out of the friends they sit with. The majority of garbage chants get shut down immediately, like two people trying to start a Leva chant during the Blue Pants match last week.

And you can't be surprised that people who always get to watch a show in-person boo at mentions of a show they won't get to see in-person. It's not like they're like all those awful crowds from last year that would chant CM Punk all show long.

The only real way to solve the crowd issue is to make ticket sales be online only. With tickets going on sale first at the venue, you get the same people standing in line and getting the seats first, causing the crowd to never change.

Apparently WWE was furious about Amanda calling Sara Lee a ring rat. They'll probably hire her anyway, but what a stupid thing to say. There was no way that would turn out well for her.

Aiii

So not worth it
Apparently WWE was furious about Amanda calling Sara Lee a ring rat. They'll probably hire her anyway, but what a stupid thing to say. There was no way that would turn out well for her.

What if Hunter's daughters Google "ring rat" now, serene? What then?

Net_Wrecker's reaction was better lmao

RIP my wrassle bro

Still here breh. Not as active because sometime in 2013-2014 I just started to not care as much about This Business™ unless Brock Lesnar is on screen. Not even keeping up with the G1 this year aside from opening night. *shrug* I dunno what finally broke me tbh

Top Bottom