• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin |OT| The Sunday of Summer

Cagey

Banned
Getting Minion yellow on those Cena shirts would rocket their sales.

a52e08ff36a62190f8259a6b5e9aa2f9f9a86bb841bc6b01aa6cbacc7bbe846f_1.jpg

Sephzilla

You know, I have to say that while I didn't initially like Arrow, Amell's passion for the character has made me consider going back to it.

Do it.

Season 1 is good even though it's bogged down with some CW melodrama. Season 2 is #BigFightFeel. I haven't seen Season 3 but I've heard it's kind of meh compared to the previous season. But, he does crossover with The Flash.

Aiii

So not worth it
Do it.

Season 1 is good even though it's bogged down with some CW melodrama. Season 2 is #BigFightFeel. I haven't seen Season 3 but I've heard it's kind of meh compared to the previous season. But, he does crossover with The Flash.

And watch The Flash, stellar first season.

JavyOO7

Raw as three hours is locked in until at least 2018.

3 hour Raw needs to die in a fucking fire.

If USA channel keeps paying decent money to WWE to stay at three hours...

But the landscape for wrestling and USA channel may change at 2018. Maybe USA channel says "we'll pay but just not for three hours" and both parties may be better off. But I'm not sure what they are thinking though because that channel is getting two more hours of wrestling starting next January...

OctoMan

Banned

But the landscape for wrestling and USA channel may change at 2018. Maybe USA channel says "we'll pay but just not for three hours" and both parties may be better off. But I'm not sure what they are thinking though because that channel is getting two more hours of wrestling starting next January...
Smackdown moving there?

Cagey

Banned

USA is able to get the WWE brand television shows for relatively cheap and I'm sure they've studied the demographics of who watches WWE and who they hope will stay tuned into USA original programming.

Though WWE programming seems at odds with USA's pivot towards trying to be an FX or AMC knockoff by aiming for serious, critically acclaimed dramas. If WWE generates a nice profit for USA then perhaps its a means of funding the prestige halo projects.

Bowser

Bowser, have you listened to this week's edition of the Cheap Heat Podcast starring Heel Rosenberg, Heel Shoemaker, and Greg the Virgin Valentine?

It's high comedy for the entire runtime. Cena as the WWE's drunk dad, challenging Seth Rollins to fight "you're such a big man huh kid, TAKE A SWING", is the best gimmick idea for Cena in years.

I have not yet! Will do so on my subway ride home today.

Did you see Heel Rosenberg separated his shoulder in some charity softball game?!

What a mark.

RP912

Banned
The last best USA show was Duckman. I tried to watch some show about a doctor who had a coke addiction and holy shit, it got bad after the second episode. The problem with USA shows is the fact that they come off like a WWE storyline mixed with Law and Order acting.

It's atrocious.

Cagey

Banned
I have not yet! Will do so on my subway ride home today.

Did you see Heel Rosenberg separated his shoulder in some charity softball game?!

What a mark.

Rosenberg eating the injury because Shoemaker was talking smack about NY Local News Institution Rosanna Scotto. You don't fucks with Rosanna Scotto and the Fox 5 crew.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Speaking of WWE mobile games, Immortals keeps getting new characters and skins. Say hello to Bateaster.

11906809_1656041611282496_85856696723000201_o.jpg

Entropia

No One Remembers
Suits is a pretty decent show, but the premise of it is so bad.

I've been enjoying Mr. Robot so far.

I haven't watched any other USA shows. Even though it's ended I've wanted to check out Psych.

^ This is truth.

Nash/Punk/HHH was hilarious. People swore things were changing in the company with Punk's rise, and unlike every other time people have sworn things were changing in the company, they weren't proven wrong a year or two later, they were proven wrong immediately

That was the biggest fuck up, most disappointing WWE shit since the Invasion. Honestly, for all the praise we can give Triple H for NXT I really don't see him being like Vince and letting go of grudges if there's money to be made.

Scared Miz might touch them.

Scared Miz might not catch them.

one of the first results is this
tumblr_mb0jy1JvvI1r7d7hwo1_400.jpg

not sure what to think

It took me a long time to not call Paul Heyman "Paul Hymen" from back when I first learned his real last name in the 90s. I don't know why I called him that either.

What's Christian up to?

He could be the Blue (Dot) Arrow.

I suggested a whole ago that Christian could be a meta human but have a lame power of being able to obstruct his face from view with a blue dot constructing in front of it.

Isn't Christian also on Haven? I believe they just got cancelled but are coming back to finish up the final season first?

Haven finished filming a while ago from what I read, the second half of the season or whatever just hasn't aired yet.

Hey Boots, you'll watch LDN on Demand so we can laugh and I don't have to, right? http://www.ldncapitaltv.com/

In other BritWres news, here's a full show. I haven't watched, so can't vouch for quality, but it has Rampage vs Damo and a Chris Hero match.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tYLVcUQ5oQE

EDIT: Found a card:

Lewis Girvan vs Michael Chase
Kid Fite & Davey Blaze vs Wild Lions (Andy Wilde & Johnny Lions)
Lionheart vs BT Gunn vs Christopher Saynt vs Danny Boy Rodgers
Rampage Brown vs Damian O’Connor
Grado vs Lou King Sharp
The Bae Club (Sammii Jayne & Debbie Sharpe) vs Viper
Chris Hero vs Joe Coffey

Hey Boots, you'll watch LDN on Demand so we can laugh and I don't have to, right? http://www.ldncapitaltv.com/

Fuck no! World of Sport style with none of the charm and excitement of the original. I think the style of wrestling can have its place in today's market, but LDN present it in the worst possible way.

In other BritWres news, here's a full show. I haven't watched, so can't vouch for quality, but it has Rampage vs Damo and a Chris Hero match.

That one's on my watch list, seen some of Discovery Wrestling's stuff previously and they seem like a good young promotion, worth keeping an eye on. I was impressed by Lewis Girvan.

Fuck no! World of Sport style with none of the charm and excitement of the original. I think the style of wrestling can have its place in today's market, but LDN present it in the worst possible way.
You mean you don't want to watch J.P. Monroe face Yorghos?
Seriously, fucking who?

Just picked up a NWA Fight Nation show (https://vimeo.com/ondemand/warontheshore) to see what they're about. 3.50 w/ coupon FIGHTFIGHT. Can't go too badly with that lineup and an Ospreay/Scurll main event.

The go-home shows for Raw and nXt were nearly night and day in terms of selling their "special event". Sasha's and Owens' promos both really sold the main event matches.

Still wish it was Enzo/Cass challenging for the tag titles, but oh well.

Top Bottom