• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin |OT| The Sunday of Summer

Heel

*shrug* I dunno what finally broke me tbh

orv6ltj.gif

Still here breh. Not as active because sometime in 2013-2014 I just started to not care as much about This Business™ unless Brock Lesnar is on screen. Not even keeping up with the G1 this year aside from opening night. *shrug* I dunno what finally broke me tbh
At least you're retiring with dignity, instead of ruining your legacy like DM.

*shakes your hand*
*no stunner*
EDIT: god damn heel LMAO

2011 was just a weird year in wrestling, cm punk short rise to fame then quickly losing it. Miz main eventing wrestlemania, jeff hardy showing up drunk on a ppv becoming a total embarrassment(the only good thing about that was seeing Styles straight up shoot on him during a backstage promo, jeff deserved it), nash coming coming back(why wwe...just why), tna thinking its a smart idea to rip off the "bret screwed bret" scenario word for word.. what a clusterfuck that year was

New wrestling t-shirts acquired. #Safe or #DeadGiveAway?

ST2Igui.jpg

vE8uaVb.jpg

XsKDnuH.jpg

I'd say the bottom two are pretty #safe, don't care if the top one's a #deadgiveaway because it's Stan & Brody. SHUT UP!

Few notes from the Observer

I’m not sure where things stand as far as contracts go, but Rich Swann and Biff Busick are said to be strongly on WWE's radar.

Canyon Ceman and Ben Brown (who also works in talent relations) were at the 8/15 Evolve show in Deer Park, NY which started the rumors going about an Evolve/WWE relationship. What we do know is that discussions are going on, and that Sam Houmai, the owner of Evolve, and booker Gabe Sapolsky will be guests of WWE at the NXT show this week. We’re told that right now it looks like it’s going to be a long road and process before anything is official or if anything ever becomes official.

Aiii

So not worth it
I was going to watch my weekly episode of Nitro (watching one a week along with Bryan & Vinny & Craig) and I saw they added the first half year of 1997 now, so yay.

CC: Botaaay, FlammeableD, all other UK WrassleGAF people, forgive for not remembering your names

HHH says NXT show in UK coming (audio to come)

https://twitter.com/justinlabar/status/634008456278732801
HNNNGH
And you can get that all from a lovely vending machine:
kJoxDeNm.jpg
I can vouch, these are wonderful. No clue how they haven't made it over here yet.
I did find this, but I'd take it with a grain of salt unless there's some more info out there to back it up.
So it's GamerGate?

Wrestling is back on the mainstream upswing friends.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-rnJAe3zuzQ&index=147&list=WL

Oh please keep that GamerGate rubbish away from my wrestlinggggggggg. It's been a year since it all started and I still have no idea what the hell it's all about and I don't even want to know.

klonere

Banned
That NXT go home show for the special was excellent. Convinced me to re-up to the Network. Sasha just killed it on her segment, so convincing.

I wish everyone could stay in NXT ;(

You know, I have to say that while I didn't initially like Arrow, Amell's passion for the character has made me consider going back to it.

2009 draft helped smackdown become watchable for a while: Morrison, Punk, Rey and Jericho (maybe even Ziggler can be included here) all brought over and started doing some great work and they got rid of a lot of the fat like HHH and Big Show

But yeah, 2006-nexus debut Raw was torture. Spirit Squad, DX coming back to reveal they were never cool, Orton/Cena getting played out, Celeb hosts, Donald Trump.. Terrible.

You know, I have to say that while I didn't initially like Arrow, Amell's passion for the character has made me consider going back to it.

I don't know if the rest of the show is worth anything but Arrow season 2 has big fight feel

Striker

2011 was just a weird year in wrestling, cm punk short rise to fame then quickly losing it. Miz main eventing wrestlemania, jeff hardy showing up drunk on a ppv becoming a total embarrassment(the only good thing about that was seeing Styles straight up shoot on him during a backstage promo, jeff deserved it), nash coming coming back(why wwe...just why), tna thinking its a smart idea to rip off the "bret screwed bret" scenario word for word.. what a clusterfuck that year was
Were you shook? This is real life.

Eo3wIuF.jpg

JavyOO7

I was going to watch my weekly episode of Nitro (watching one a week along with Bryan & Vinny & Craig) and I saw they added the first half year of 1997 now, so yay.

I love their Nitro reviews so much. Hell, their rants about how terrible RAW is and then how good Nitro is are great.

Aiii

So not worth it
Isn't Christian also on Haven? I believe they just got cancelled but are coming back to finish up the final season first?

jmdajr

Which of John Cena’s color combinations do you like the most?

20% Orange and green
8% Light blue with yellow
6% Red with yellow
5% Green with white
3% Green and yellow
5% Pink with white
6% Purple with yellow
6% Orange with blue
9% Red with white and blue
5% Dark blue with yellow
21% Black with red, white and blue
5% Another combination (Add your pick in the comments below)

Cagey

Banned
Bowser, have you listened to this week's edition of the Cheap Heat Podcast starring Heel Rosenberg, Heel Shoemaker, and Greg the Virgin Valentine?

It's high comedy for the entire runtime. Cena as the WWE's drunk dad, challenging Seth Rollins to fight "you're such a big man huh kid, TAKE A SWING", is the best gimmick idea for Cena in years.

I wish this were an indy poster.

I'm not seeing the explosive excitement over WWE Supercard season 2, friends.

WWE SuperCard – Season 2 features include:

CUSTOMIZABLE CARDS – Customize and train Season 2 cards while earning tokens to permanently increase stats;
LARGER ROSTER – Access hundreds of cards featuring a variety of WWE and NXT Superstars and Divas, including Season 2 additions Brock Lesnar®, Undertaker®, Stone Cold Steve Austin®, Kevin Owens™, Samoa Joe™, Adrian Neville™, Charlotte™ and many more;
EXPANDED EXHIBITION DECK – Compete with an additional WWE Diva in solo matches, as well as in new Divas tag matches;
LOYALTY FUSIONS – Convert Season 1 cards into powerful Season 2 variants via the game’s Fusion Chamber;
GLOBAL CHAT – Connect with anyone in the world while playing WWE SuperCard;
WEEKLY EVENTS – Participate in weekly, real-time events with exclusive rewards to increase overall deck strength;
ENHANCED KING OF THE RING – The 16-man, multi-day tournament is now more strategic than ever with a new enhancement system.

Browny

Banned
Which of John Cena’s color combinations do you like the most?

20% Orange and green
8% Light blue with yellow
6% Red with yellow
5% Green with white
3% Green and yellow
5% Pink with white
6% Purple with yellow
6% Orange with blue
9% Red with white and blue
5% Dark blue with yellow
21% Black with red, white and blue
5% Another combination (Add your pick in the comments below)

Just a stealth way of finding out what colour combination they're going to make next. I see through your tricks, WWE.

*runs off to check colour swatches*

Top Bottom