• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin |OT| The Sunday of Summer

Just picked up a NWA Fight Nation show (https://vimeo.com/ondemand/warontheshore) to see what they're about. 3.50 w/ coupon FIGHTFIGHT. Can't go too badly with that lineup and an Ospreay/Scurll main event.

Watched that a few weeks back, the main event's the best thing on the card by some margin, but it wasn't a bad show - was impressed by Tom Dawkins, he's got a unique style, definitely want to see more of him.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Watched that a few weeks back, the main event's the best thing on the card by some margin, but it wasn't a bad show - was impressed by Tom Dawkins, he's got a unique style, definitely want to see more of him.

Speaking of NWA, did you sub to NWA Classics, and are you still subbing? And if so, have you been loving it, or...eh?

orv6ltj.gif

The world stopped for this moment.

It's a once in a lifetime thing.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Heel continued to bring that into the next generation, too. Check the kick on ol' Sephzilla.

YN3fO62.gif

RP912

Banned
Speaking of NWA, did you sub to NWA Classics, and are you still subbing? And if so, have you been loving it, or...eh?

I been waiting for answers from whoever subbed to this service....

I been meaning to check it out, but my funds are bad right now and I refuse to give up on Netflix (fam reasons) and NJPWorld. I do want to see some jobber HBK matches though...

klonere

Banned
Name names, friends:

Who will never get out of NXT?

Tye Dillinger :(
Bull Dempsey
Mojo (hopefully)
Emma
Marcus Louis
Vaudevillians

If NXT really does to a more full time touring brand I'm sure that these guys could do just fine there. Honestly at this stage I'd be looking to hold onto Bayley, Breeze and Enzo/Cass just to have a foundation to go off.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
This has a whole new meaning after the Hogan scandal...

31P19ty.gif

klonere

Banned
Hey Boots, you'll watch LDN on Demand so we can laugh and I don't have to, right? http://www.ldncapitaltv.com/

In other BritWres news, here's a full show. I haven't watched, so can't vouch for quality, but it has Rampage vs Damo and a Chris Hero match.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tYLVcUQ5oQE

EDIT: Found a card:

Lewis Girvan vs Michael Chase
Kid Fite & Davey Blaze vs Wild Lions (Andy Wilde & Johnny Lions)
Lionheart vs BT Gunn vs Christopher Saynt vs Danny Boy Rodgers
Rampage Brown vs Damian O’Connor
Grado vs Lou King Sharp
The Bae Club (Sammii Jayne & Debbie Sharpe) vs Viper
Chris Hero vs Joe Coffey

5:30 in "Wrestling fans should not be allowed vote or reproduce"

The color guy is clearly a WrassleGAF poster

JavyOO7

Man, my boy Tye Dillinger is a talented dude. If he works on this 'perfect 10' character and runs with it, I think we can finally see him on TV next year. He was in WWE ECW TV for a short while, got released, didn't come back to WWE for four years.

Breeze is also ready... but man is he going to get wrecked when he hits the main roster. So is Bull Dempsey and his lovely '#BullFit' gimmick.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Man, my boy Tye Dillinger is a talented dude. If he works on this 'perfect 10' character and runs with it, I think we can finally see him on TV next year. He was in WWE ECW TV for a short while, got released, didn't come back to WWE for four years.

Breeze is also ready... but man is he going to get wrecked when he hits the main roster. So is Bull Dempsey and his lovely '#BullFit' gimmick.

Dempsey will do a program with Kevin Owens where he tries to woo him to the #BullFit lifestyle.

jred2k

If you can remember their name they will probably at least get a shot at the main roster. If Adam Rose can get called up and have some semblance of a program than I think Breeze will. The guys who won't get a shot are the real goobers like Sawyer Fulton or Sylvester Lefort or Marcus Louis.

somedevil

Chris Charlton put up on his twitter a translations from a Tanahashi on a pocast. Its very interesting.

On Sportsmanship:

Tanahashi vehemently not a hugger, apparently (re post match w/Nakamura)Also doesn't like handshakes in wrestling in general

Tanahashi 'A post match handshake often undoes all the work and drama you've done in the match, it comes to nothing

Tana relates an anecdote in ROH, match w/Redragon started with a handshake offered and he just kinda thought 'WTF is this

On AJ Styles:

Tana ceaselessly puts over Styles, despite saying his hair makes him look like a 'student' and then 'one of the Beatles'

Tana 'anyone, anywhere in the world can look at AJ and say "he's the best". He is the best in the world. I want to take that title for me'

Tana puts over AJ's psychology over and above his move set, says he gives people a reason to invest even if there's no backstory to a match.

Elgin:

They switch to Elgin, and praise his work here. Tana 'his Japanese performances have been way better than in America'

Tana 'my (ROH) match with Elgin really wasn't that good, and I was wondering whether it was my fault or his'

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Elgin rose his stock by a huge degree thanks to the G1. He brought it, and is getting another chance in a lot of jaded minds. It's worth it.

Name names, friends.

Who will never make it out of WrassleGAF?

Not me, I'm posting topics on gaming-side!

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
You don't (Usually) get banned for posting in here unless nudes of swole dudes happen.

Wrong. You only get banned here if someone cries.

Omerta is real. Take care of it in-house.

Yes I'm still upset

RP912

Banned
Chris Charlton put up on his twitter a translations from a Tanahashi on a pocast. Its very interesting.

On Sportsmanship:

On AJ Styles:

Elgin:

Reading this makes me appreciate Tana a bit more than before. Also stating that AJ Styles is best in the world <3...which is true. The handshake thing seems a bit interesting since Naka trolled the Briscoes when they had to do the honor code.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
LOL, my new Season 2 Supercard draws included Eva Marie and a goddamn rare Hillbilly Jim

Aiii

So not worth it
You know what I love?
PlayStation
Naughty Dogs
Last of Us
Nathan Drake
Steam
RTTP threads.

Also, gender identity threads, those are the best.

God help me, but I think I want to get Deception IV for the Vita. I want to play it while inspired by Vince McMahon's classic rib on Zack Ryder, making him wait for hours to appear on Raw.

Top Bottom