• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin |OT| The Sunday of Summer

DMczaf

tumblr_nltgqp8xpW1snhdpvo1_250.gif

tumblr_nltgqp8xpW1snhdpvo2_250.gif

tumblr_nltgqp8xpW1snhdpvo3_250.gif

klonere

Banned
Any other Euro people staying up till like 4am for this?

Yes, I am crazy as well.

As for Arn, the first 2 hour Nitro (with Scott Hall coming out etc) has a Flair/Arn vs American Males and my god if Arn isn't the smoothest motherfucker in the ring at all that classic heel stuff. His tags, his dirty tactics, his promo afterwards about Mongo "stepping into our world" its all gold.

Arn makes a hell of a first impression

Any other Euro people staying up till like 4am for this?

Nah. I watched Takeover, great to see my boy Liger in there complete with knock-off theme tune but that was the least fun i've had with a Takeover. Of course it hard to start with Triple H tugging himself and of course the women's match had to be introduced by Steph. These two fuckers need to be off camera, they're unbearable to watch.

So nah, i'll be getting some sleep.

tm24

Data question, I watched CMLL last night and they had a 12 women battle royal and then it turned into an elimination tag match with the winner getting a trophy. Any details on that type of match?

It wasnt a battle royale. It was a cibernetico. Ciberneticos rock!

If you liked the format watch the one from 97 in CMLL, a lot consider it one of the best lucha matches in history. The video quality is not great, but the match is really fun.

Hey that's from my channel! I spent hours looking for a better quality version of this. This is the best i could upload!

I'm just not happy to watch Brock job to a man who can barely walk to the ring anymore.

And wears eyeliner while obviously dying his hair.

Why doesn't Taker embrace the grey? I'm thinking a Kris Kristofferson in Blade style look. Instead we get black eye rings and comedy dyed beards.

Shiv47

So would people be okay if Brock wrecks Taker again but then gets beaten by Cena in their final final final showdown wherein Cena overcomes the greatest of odds, or have Brock lose and go on to wrecking other people afterward, maybe including Cena (lol)?

dream

LKBAP brought up a point that, while I disagree with the premise, illustrates how dire things are in NXT. If Fin Balor isn't the guy, there is literally nobody else who can be positioned at the top of the card in a way that is believable and compelling. Hideo Itami is a horrible fit for WWE. Joe, to my absolute surprise, has been a massive flop. Sami Zayn is hurt. Rhino is old, and hardly representative of the "future of wrestling" ethos that NXT claims to have. If you were to, god forbid, take the belt off of Fin, the only viable options would be to bring Kevin Owens back (which would probably be good for him), or to take a chance and hot shot it onto Prince Pretty.

It wasnt a battle royale. It was a cibernetico. Ciberneticos rock!

Hey that's from my channel! I spent hours looking for a better quality version of this. This is the best i could upload!

I know, it is really hard to find 80s, 90s lucha in good quality, heck, even some shows from 2000s suffer the same problem.

LKBAP brought up a point that, while I disagree with the premise, illustrates how dire things are in NXT. If Fin Balor isn't the guy, there is literally nobody else who can be positioned at the top of the card in a way that is believable and compelling. Hideo Itami is a horrible fit for WWE. Joe, to my absolute surprise, has been a massive flop. Sami Zayn is hurt. Rhino is old, and hardly representative of the "future of wrestling" ethos that NXT claims to have. If you were to, god forbid, take the belt off of Fin, the only viable options would be to bring Kevin Owens back (which would probably be good for him), or to take a chance and hot shot it onto Prince Pretty.

I'd like to see Breezus get the belt on the series finale of NXT

I'm working night shift tonight so I'm gonna avoid the topic til I check out the Brock match when I get home. Don't really care about the outcomws of any of the other matches - plenty of entertaining folks have matches but their storylines are flat.

Oh well I guess the women's match could be interesting but I'm still waiting for the thrown together factions to boil down into good solo stuff there.

Hoping for a nice surprise Brock win. Don't expect it, but it's what I wanna see. My entire investment in the show right now is him and the four horsewomen. And they're on the brink of doing a lot of damage to both.

That is why a partnership with Evolve could work. NXT gets more star power and wrestlers that can help develop guys like Corbin. It would be also interesting for NXT guys to tour with Evolve. Same case if they land a development deal with NJPW.

PWG
‏@OfficialPWG

All remaining tickets for the 2015 Battle of Los Angeles will be put online Tuesday, August 25th at 8PM PDT!

Guess that means no waiting during the day of the shows.

dream

That is why a partnership with Evolve could work. NXT gets more star power and wrestlers that can help develop guys like Corbin. It would be also interesting for NXT guys to tour with Evolve. Same case if they land a development deal with NJPW.

I think a partnership would be critical. NXT has this weird identity crisis now where they're developmental while not being developmental while being developmental while not being developmental. So you end up with a couple of guys who are really good, a lot more who are really bad, and a very thin middle class.

Top Bottom