• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin |OT| The Sunday of Summer

DMczaf

#AssBizSunday

YYbDW15.gif

heoGEPP.gif

C5OJ4gU.gif

Honestly, that women's belt in the main roster don't mean so much. The division needs a reboot... just have nice simple story lines with the women ranting whenever appropriate and let the crowd take all this in. So many writers and you can't even get the NXT ladies on Raw over? Geez.

Sasha defeats Nikki at NoC.

Comes out the next night, dumps the "Diva's" title, and brings back the Women's title that's befitting of a Boss.

Bellas fade to the background as the groups start disbanding, as we get months of a combination of Sasha/Charlotte/Paige/Natalya/Becky matches.

*comes back to reality*

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Dirtiest Sheetz in the Game is reporting that Apollo Crews is going to start off his NXT career in a big way, with a feud against Bull Dempsey and a slight gimmick and name change. He'll go under the moniker of Apollo Chews and is a devout believer in eating whatever you want, whenever you want.

I keep going back and watching the finish to the women's match. Gives me chills every time. I can't remember a crowd counting a pin that loud since Ziggler cashed in MitB.

Thorakai

The authority figure trying to be anti-authority (we didn't believe in us!) is never not cheesy. I know Trips works a lot behind the scenes to push NXT and some of the young guys but he should probably leave it behind the scenes and not try to hog credit for it.

he set the tone for all the kayfabe being broken throughout the night

dude never learned from mgs

trips is gonna burry this business when vince finally kicks it

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Why do you think Scott Hall, X-Pac, Kevin Nash were there last night? The curtain call was a WORK. #Followthedivasmoney

I kind of want The Bellas to stay around for several more years just to fuck with the entitled smark fans that hate them and think that they, and not WWE creative and years of neglect, are somehow responsible for the problems of the divas division. What's weird is that these people got "smart" reading Melter, but if you actually read or listen to Meltzer, he's generally not half as judgmental as most smarks because he understands the complicated logistics of running a wrestling show and knows that they don't do things *just because*, they do them because they think that'll help them make money.

Shit, Nikki's arguably been more strongly booked than any champion that's not John Cena, and while she's not a great wrestler, she's perfectly solid at the WWE style and gets a decent reaction from the crowd these days. This internet mentality that only certain people "deserve" a prominent place in WWE is absurd, impracticable, and just plain annoying. Nikki Bella has been there longer, has more name recognition with the fans, a more lucrative brand, and put a shit-ton of work in. The idea that somehow WWE should throw that aside for a few wrestlers popular with "the right" crowd shows why it's probably a good thing most internet fans don't have the book.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I kind of want The Bellas to stay around for several more years just to fuck with the entitled smark fans that hate them and think that they, and not WWE creative and years of neglect, are somehow responsible for the problems of the divas division. What's weird is that these people got "smart" reading Melter, but if you actually read or listen to Meltzer, he's generally not half as judgmental as most smarks because he understands the complicated logistics of running a wrestling show and knows that they don't do things *just because*, they do them because they think that'll help them make money.

Shit, Nikki's arguably been more strongly booked than any champion that's not John Cena, and while she's not a great wrestler, she's perfectly solid at the WWE style and gets a decent reaction from the crowd these days. This internet mentality that only certain people "deserve" a prominent place in WWE is absurd, impracticable, and just plain annoying. Nikki Bella has been there longer, has more name recognition with the fans, a more lucrative brand, and put a shit-ton of work in. The idea that somehow WWE should throw that aside for a few wrestlers popular with "the right" crowd shows why it's probably a good thing most internet fans don't have the book.

I want them because I genuinely find Nikki to be an entertaining wrassler. Brie, well, she has a problem in that she's a natural heel but the fans want to cheer her because of her husband. That and she's kinda boring in the ring.

I applaud this post. I want Nikki to break AJ's record just to see the reactions.

I want them because I genuinely find Nikki to be an entertaining wrassler. Brie, well, she has a problem in that she's a natural heel but the fans want to cheer her because of her husband. That and she's kinda boring in the ring.

Brie is awful. Her aping her husband's moveset is so bad and makes Bryan look bad too. Nikki needs to kick her to the curb.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
This is nothing new to most people here, but I think Okada is the worst of the top tier NJPW guys. Unless you count Karl Anderson as 'top tier'(I don't)

Menome

In my limited experience of them, the reason I dislike the Bellas isn't because of their wrestling, it's because they're just plain boring.

Absolutely zero points in the charisma stakes, to the point where I'm not for or against Nikki Bella breaking this title-record, I just don't care.

This is nothing new to most people here, but I think Okada is the worst of the top tier NJPW guys. Unless you count Karl Anderson as 'top tier'(I don't)

I don't know watching him last night his selling and facials are top notch. His moves all look good. Solid charisma.

I think he has plateaued a bit tho

JavyOO7

I think Okada is alright. Tanahashi and Nakamura bring in a flair in the ring that Okada hasn't quite got up to yet, imo. I think he will though once he beats Tanahashi in WK next year. =p

I just don't know what people are going to complain about when Naito wins the title. Perhaps he won't hold it long enough, or perhaps whoever he drops it to won't be a satisfactory choice. Probably both, I'd imagine. It's like Tanahashi '06 all over again, same complaints and everything. Too much, too soon. Not good enough. Everything revolving around one guy, etc.

lol @ Baron Corbin's super contradictory promo before his Samoa Joe match.

"I did all of these things, judo, college football, pro football..."
"I don't care what anyone did before their accomplishments mean nothing."

"I don't have to pay my dues I just had to make one phone call to be here."
"I'm not sure why Samoa Joe is getting this opportunity is this some popularity contest?"

Top Bottom