• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin |OT| The Sunday of Summer

So Sting wins at Night of Champions. #1 contender match for title at Hell in a Cell. Sting drops the title at Survivor Series. I honestly see that happening

Sting beats Rollins for the title

Sheamus cashes in and is successful

Rollins still has the U.S. Title and Sheamus is the champ, at least Sting had his "moment". There ya go, Vince.

Fox318

WWE is so desparate for viewers and WWE network subscriptions that they are giving Sting a title match at Night of fucking Champions

let that sink in.

at least its a different program

people want 2 baisc things from wrestling

• results and wins to matter
  • mixing up differnt wrestlers for unique and possibly cool matchups

Hell thats what made the open challenge awesome.

bill0527

Pretty obvious tonight they're gonna put the U.S. Strap back on Cena with all that talk of how important it was to Cena during the Stewart segment. Probably in the next week or two. Let him go back to the mid card challenges every Monday night. And Rollins and Sting will feud over the big strap.

My guess is it's going to be a triple threat for the belts, Cena, Rollins, and Sting. I think it's going to come down to Sting letting Cena get the pin.

I think that angle would have been better if they lifted the curtain and the statue had Sting's face paint. Then Sting's music hits, and he comes out and raises hell.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Sting vs. Rollins
mjlol.png

Seth Skywalker is going to fuck around and have a year long title reign.

dream

at least its a different program

people want 2 baisc things from wrestling

• results and wins to matter
  • mixing up differnt wrestlers for unique and possibly cool matchups

Hell thats what made the open challenge awesome.

Shit, by that criteria, they could line up a ton of unique challenges for Seth Rollins. In September, it's Stinger. In October, it could be "Hacksaw" Jim Duggan. In November, it could be Sgt. Slaugher. Then we could end the year with Kevin Nash challenging for the strap.

I think Seth will face both Cena and Sting. But it will be two matches. Against Cena for the U.S. title because Cena has a rematch clause. And against Sting for the world title.

Cybit

FGC Waterboy
Watching swerved; I understand why they had to cancel the show. Wrestlers are getting straight up paranoid about everything lol.

Toki767

Watching swerved; I understand why they had to cancel the show. Wrestlers are getting straight up paranoid about everything lol.

But did they really cancel the show or are they just swerving everyone?

I think he looks great for his age. It could be his shirt.

The problem with WWE shirts most of the time are that they are not slim fitting. Not that Sting is super skinny but he might want to try one size smaller.

Fox318

Shit, by that criteria, they could line up a ton of unique challenges for Seth Rollins. In September, it's Stinger. In October, it could be "Hacksaw" Jim Duggan. In November, it could be Sgt. Slaugher. Then we could end the year with Kevin Nash challenging for the strap.

Kevin Nash destroys ratings and quads

I just want Rollins to turn cause that guy showed how much of an elite performer he is as a face during that Summerslam Match. He's basically Tanahashi, down to the white trunks.

KingBroly

Banned
I think Seth will face both Cena and Sting. But it will be two matches. Against Cena for the U.S. title because Cena has a rematch clause. And against Sting for the world title.

I think Cena v. Sting at HiaC is a better option IF Sting can do 2 matches in a month. For the Network you need at least 1 key match/program/hook a month to keep people subscribed.

It'd be cool if Sting's gimmick is just bringing WCW shit back. Like instead of Hell in a Cell / Survivor Series he demands a War Games. Probably didn't show at SummerSlam because it wasn't in an outdoor arena with a pool lining the ring

But did they really cancel the show or are they just swerving everyone?

The problem with WWE shirts most of the time are that they are not slim fitting. Not that Sting is super skinny but he might want to try one size smaller.

true. I never took that into consideration

So based on tonight, it looks like for NoC:

WWE World Heavyweight Championship
Seth Rollins (c) vs. Sting

WWE United States Championship
Seth Rollins (c) vs. John Cena

WWE Tag Team Championship
The New Day (c) vs. The Dudley Boyz

And then whatever BS they want to do with the Divas and IC title.

Cagey

Banned
It'd be cool if Sting's gimmick is just bringing WCW shit back. Like instead of Hell in a Cell / Survivor Series he demands a War Games. Probably didn't show at SummerSlam because it wasn't in an outdoor arena with a pool lining the ring
Sting about to call in Biker Taker for help at WWE Hog Wild live from Sturgis.

Gonna have to censor a lot of Confederate flags tho

Top Bottom