• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin |OT| The Sunday of Summer

Let Sting have a brief run, it is very likely his last match will be in his adopted hometown of Dallas at WM so let him have top billing for a month are two. He deserves it, never politicked, put guys over, extremely loyal. Let him have a last hurrah.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
I just want Rollins to turn cause that guy showed how much of an elite performer he is as a face during that Summerslam Match. He's basically Tanahashi, down to the white trunks.

You have to give him a proper build to the turn or else the crowd won't get behind him. Look at Orton's failed face run back in '04 for an example.

Right now, Seth gets more heat than the Authority from most crowds.

It'd be cool if Sting's gimmick is just bringing WCW shit back. Like instead of Hell in a Cell / Survivor Series he demands a War Games. Probably didn't show at SummerSlam because it wasn't in an outdoor arena with a pool lining the ring

I would pay damn good money to see a hardcore War Games and a cheesy as fuck Bash at the Beach again.

Proc

Not interested in Seth vs Sting. I'm not sure what you do with Sting at this point though. HHH interfering the match seems obvious.

Karsha

Whatever happens it will set up the game for Sting's WM match, at this point if its not gonna be Taker I wouldn't be surprised seeing a Sting - Cena

DMczaf

Why the fuck are Booker T and Billy Gunn laughing at ZZ's shorts when they wrestled in this shit

642x361xnew-age-outlaws-2014-2088687-pagespeed-ic-il9luzzdzx.jpg

bookert.jpg

I think Sting attacking Rollins is going to have less to do with his beef with The Authority than it does with Rollins devaluing the titles. Y'know, "First he ruins the legacy of the World Heavyweight Championship, now he's going to ruin the legacy of the United States title the WCW made famous". Though I guess maybe his beef with The Authority stems partially from their favoritism ruining wrestling, so whatever.

Edit: The only way Rollins is going to have a babyface run in him is if they pull an Okada-like redemption arc, where he loses the title in a humiliating fashion and has to work his way back up from the bottom of the card. Though even that won't totally work because it's not like they're going to put Seth on Superstars and Main Event with the REAL jobbers, but still, Seth's been such an entitled, whiny, chickenshit cunt that the only way he's going to be credible as a good guy is if he earns it, long-term. They need to bring somebody up and make them the new "Authority Guy", have him crush Rollins, maybe have Rollins lose the WHC but keep the US Title and have him build himself back up as a fighting low-card champion.

dream

Seeing Stinger challenge for a world title triggered me into remembering something that has always nagged at me.

Going back to 1996, Stinger spent an entire year mute. He didn't say a word, and in doing so, his presence was magnified. This led to his climactic match against "Hollywood" Hulk Hogan at Starrcade 97, a match that Stinger won. After winning the title, Stinger, being the geek that he is, inexplicably couldn't stop himself from breaking character, and what followed was Stinger's first words in over a year...being some gibberish in Spanish about his mamacita. A stunned Tony has no idea what to make of it, finally commenting that "for the first time, Sting has something to say..."

Not being a speaker of Spanish, I never did figure out what Stinger said, and why it was so critical for him to break 12 months of silence to say it at that moment. Can someone who speaks Spanish (Ninja Scooter?) jump to 23:20 in this video and translate Stinger's baffling words?

Seeing Stinger challenge for a world title triggered me into remembering something that has always nagged at me.

Going back to 1996, Stinger spent an entire year mute. He didn't say a word, and in doing so, his presence was magnified. This led to his climactic match against "Hollywood" Hulk Hogan at Starrcade 97, a match that Stinger won. After winning the title, Stinger, being the geek that he is, inexplicably couldn't stop himself from breaking character, and what followed was Stinger's first words in over a year...being some gibberish in Spanish about his mamacita. A stunned Tony has no idea what to make of it, finally commenting that "for the first time, Sting has something to say..."

Not being a speaker of Spanish, I never did figure out what Stinger said, and why it was so critical for him to break 12 months of silence to say it at that moment. Can someone who speaks Spanish (Ninja Scooter?) jump to 23:20 in this video and translate Stinger's baffling words?

Is it possible that Steve Borden grew up in a mixed Spanish/Anglo house hold, possibly explaining his deep Christian faith?

Heel

Hold the friggin' phone, friends. Is it true that the new NXT documentary series is produced by the masterminds behind Bar Rescue?

This changes everything. My expectations have never been higher.

fVsRHy3.gif

DMczaf

Seth Rollins' real last name is Lopez? Can we get an AC Slater style Chicano swerve?

I'm sorry, Scooter. He ain't one of you

Armenian.

While the name Seth Rollins continues to make waves amid the great big WWE ocean; a child by the name of Colby Daniel Lopez was born in Midwestern America in the state of Iowa nearly twenty-nine years ago.

Of course, young Colby Lopez would grow up to become one of the more exciting WWE superstars of the modern age. Colby Daniel Lopez now recognized the world over as Seth Rollins is of Armenian decent.

tumblr_n7s2q9RVKm1s0wbtfo1_500.jpg

Fox318

Hold the friggin' phone, friends. Is it true that the new NXT documentary series is produced by the masterminds behind Bar Rescue?

This changes everything. My expectations have never been higher.

fVsRHy3.gif

i was shocked you didn't make an ot thread about it

Data West

coaches in the WNBA

My favorite part about Sting is the only way he can not play Surfer Sting is when they don't have any lines written for him. Why the fuck would you wear all black and a trenchcoat and then still cut 'ITS SHOWTIME' promos?

Bowser

So Sting vs. Rollins for the WWE WHC is official:

The Vigilante, Sting, is back, and he’s coming for Seth Rollins’ WWE World Heavyweight Title.

For the first time in his legendary career, The Man Called Sting will challenge for WWE’s top prize, as he gets set to face The Architect Sunday, Sept. 20 at WWE Night of Champions, live on WWE Network.

WWE COO Triple H announced the blockbuster match Aug. 24 on WWE Network, moments after Sting shockingly reappeared on Raw to interrupt the unveiling of a Seth Rollins statue commissioned by The Authority. The statue was to celebrate Rollins’ United States Championship win over John Cena the night before at SummerSlam.

Making his first appearance since WrestleMania — where he lost to Triple H after The Game struck him with a sledgehammer — The Icon not only dropped Rollins on Raw, but he also picked up the treasured WWE World Heavyweight Championship and stared down The Game, making his objective abundantly clear.

A six-time WCW World Champion, Sting has never before challenged for a title in WWE, let alone the WWE World Heavyweight Title, but he has been a recurring threat to The Authority. Starting with his WWE debut at last year’s Survivor Series — during which he helped oust Triple H & Stephanie from power, albeit briefly—and culminating with his ruining of Rollins’ celebration, Sting has repeatedly made his presence felt.

Will The Architect be able to survive The Vigilante’s onslaught at Night of Champions? Or can The Icon add another accolade — the biggest in all of sports-entertainment — to his incredible resume, transforming the state of WWE as we know it?

Watch this historic showdown when it airs live at Night of Champions Sunday, Sept. 20, only on the award-winning WWE Network.

Is it possible that Steve Borden grew up in a mixed Spanish/Anglo house hold, possibly explaining his deep Christian faith?

he lives in Texas now, a border state, but even back before when he was a surfer I'm sure the ocean's swell took him past American waters of Venice beach and into South American waters where he could catch the gnarliest, tastiest waves.

DMczaf

Guys, think of the bright side.

The initial idea was for Sting to feud with Bray Wyatt at Summerslam.

Now we get Seth carrying Sting's 56 year old ass to a legit match.

he lives in Texas now, a border state, but even back before when he was a surfer I'm sure the ocean's swell took him past American waters of Venice beach and into South American waters where he could catch the gnarliest, tastiest waves.

This seems plausible as well. Having lived in Venice, he surely picked up on some Spanglish, and in his excitement, he just couldn't help himself. I'd wager he dreams in Spanglish on some nights.

The moment Sting jobbed to Trips, his value with the company is that another WCW star buried by HHH. Trips going to have Sting job to Rollins with the pedigree finish once again.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Who's that new wyatt, the big ass mofo. They did a good job of making him a monster that's for sure

DMczaf

Seeing Paige every week shit on Sara Lee for making up excuses, and then reading her tweet tonight...

Paige, fuck off. You fucker.

Top Bottom