• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin |OT| The Sunday of Summer

Ithil

They're in a group because they are friends, ad all are trying to change the perceptions of women's wrestling in WWE. This is why Sasha was hugging Bayley after their match Saturday, because above all else, they're trying to change what it means to be women wrestler's in WWE. That's literally the angle. It's been spelled out every week for a month or two now.

They're doing that by having the same tag matches over and over?

You know what the angles that got the women over as a main part of NXT were about? Not "changing the perceptions of women's wrestling". Instead they had actual angles and characters that led to the perception changing.

Paige saying "We're doing a revolution" and having 15 tag matches in a row isn't going to lead to the reaction Bayley got for winning the title after a long, storied journey.

They're in a group because they are friends, ad all are trying to change the perceptions of women's wrestling in WWE. This is why Sasha was hugging Bayley after their match Saturday, because above all else, they're trying to change what it means to be women wrestler's in WWE. That's literally the angle. It's been spelled out every week for a month or two now.

That's a cool thing to try and do behind the scenes, but it makes for a dumb angle. You change people's perceptions on women's wrestling by making people more interested in women's wresting. Having legit wrestlers like Fox and Charlotte is part of the equation, but you have to have interesting characters and storylines. So far they are failing at that. So far they haven't really changed the problem Diva's wrestling has always had: That all women can do is act sexy and/or catty. That's pretty much all they are still doing.

They're doing that by having the same tag matches over and over?

If they just put a 20 minute singles match on PPV with no build, I'm positive you'd be complaining about how they didn't build it up and no one should care about it. I've seen your posts about women.

That's a cool thing to try and do behind the scenes, but it makes for a dumb angle. You change people's perceptions on women's wrestling by making people more interested in women's wresting. Having legit wrestlers like Fox and Charlotte is part of the equation, but you have to have interesting characters and storylines. So far they are failing at that. So far they haven't really changed the problem Diva's wrestling has always had: That all women can do is act sexy and/or catty. That's pretty much all they are still doing.

I guess all those "pointless" 10-15 minute matches don't count as doing something other than being catty.

If they just put a 20 minute singles match on PPV with no build, I'm positive you'd be complaining about how they didn't build it up and no one should care about it. I've seen your posts about women.

Uhhhhh that exactly what happened tonight. The women had a 20 minute house show match and it bombed

I guess all those 10-15 minutes don't count as doing something other than being catty.

No, they really don't. Having good technical matches is not enough, not by a long shot. It never has been.

Paige's tweet is deleted

XLIPEqW.gif

What a brat. I can't believe she has the fucking gall to say have the shit she does on Tough Enough. She hasn't been around enough or done enough to get any of the fans' respect.

Sasha's still young, but she put on a crazy ass show the other night and won a ton of people over. Nobody knows who Becky is, people give Charlotte pity pops because of her dad.

Just do something. give people a reason to care. Dont say its a revolution and then keep doing the same sloppy shit. We dont want teams. We want women getting backstage segments. We want storylines and characters. I don't care that you're all shite on the mic, that will get better in time.

L0LEpmH.gif

tumblr_inline_ntmebaNDog1r7d5pf_540.jpg

MsXCKl6.png

Adding a few new members to roster and doing the same shit with them doesn't change a damn thing. The crowd shit on it because you're giving them shit. Fuckin' do something. Take the reaction as "okay we're not doing something right here" change it and figure it out. Basically just do what you're doing on NXT. Fucking TRY. It's so frustrating that they're crying about getting shit on. Boo hoo.

xKE5eDz.gif

DMczaf

My favorite spot right now is when Brock literally lifts your dead ass up and carries you around like you ain't shit before dumping you on the back of your neck.

tumblr_inline_ntmebaNDog1r7d5pf_540.jpg

MsXCKl6.png

Adding a few new members to roster and doing the same shit with them doesn't change a damn thing. The crowd shit on it because you're giving them shit. Fuckin' do something. Take the reaction as "okay we're not doing something right here" change it and figure it out. Basically just do what you're doing on NXT. Fucking TRY. It's so frustrating that they're crying about getting shit on. Boo hoo.

xKE5eDz.gif

So fucking whiny and entitled. This is what happens when they delude themselves into thinking they really are having a "revolution".

RyudBoy

Whoever booked Lesnar in that opening segment deserves a raise. Love how the crowd cheered louder and louder every time he went back to kill Bo Dallas.

Also, Heyman rules.

Ok son. I'll continue supporting women's wrestling, you keep pretending to enjoy those shitty tag matches.

The only weak member of the 9 divas is Tamina, who has barely wrestled in the 5 years she's been with WWE. Man, crazy me thinking those women are putting on solid matches and reeducating the Raw audience. Excuse me if I don't take advice from a dude who is convinced Kevin Dunn is the worst dude in the world, because Jim Cornette said so.

I wonder how they got Devon. I thought he was pretty adamant on being done. I know Bubba wanted to keep going, so I'm guessing they'll get another run or two and hopefully we'll get a Bully Ray run out of it too. I'd LOVE to see Bully Ray Vs. Kevin Owens. Hell, team'em up. They're practically a mirror, it'd be fun.

Honestly i wish the women's division would stay exclusive to NXT. They will never, EVER get the time nor creative they deserve while Vince and his henchmen are still around. It's a winless battle at this point.

And no sympathy for Paige. That was shit segment with a shit match on top. Plus she must have forgot it was the same crowd who gave the nxt match a standing ovation.

Ithil

The only weak member of the 9 divas is Tamina, who has barely wrestled in the 5 years she's been with WWE. Man, crazy me thinking those women are putting on solid matches and reeducating the Raw audience. Excuse me if I don't take advice from a dude who is convinced Kevin Dunn is the worst dude in the world, because Jim Cornette said so.

Inventing opinions I don't have isn't making the Divas angle any better. I'm not going to pretend the angle is good, because I've seen actually good angles and matches in women's wrestling, and this isn't it.

The angle annoys me because this was supposed to be their big chance to change the perception, and they're blowing it. I have wanted good women's wrestling in WWE for as long as I've watched it, and instead seen bullshit catfights, patronizing gimmicks and angles, marginalized talent and terrible examples set for their audience. They manage to do something good for the women in NXT, where they're treated as a real part of the show, not some joke, and that's what I want to see.

Kusagari

This was the same exact crowd that got Sasha vs. Bayley the night before.

This is part of the problem in front of smark crowds now. You're selling this whole thing as a revolution while giving them shit tag matches and shit segments while these same people see Sasha Banks and Bayley put on a MOTY candidate two nights before.

It's going to cause backlash because these people know damn well this isn't a revolution.

Top Bottom