• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin |OT| The Sunday of Summer

dream

I feel like anyone who missed Rude's run from Havoc 91 to whenever he won the International World Championship missed out on seeing who Rick Rude really is.

I guess I'm the only one liking this interview?

Nope. I'm enjoying it. Like hearing about the process of being a wrestler & the life of a wrestler quite a bit. Sounds like Paige is actually holding back & choosy with words. Like Austin said at the start, I'd like to hear her on the unleashed podcast.

Paige joking about changing the Diva's championship into the women's championship.

I like her all the more after this interview.

Savitar

I guess I'm the only one liking this interview?

I'm enjoying it.

I find it a nice look at someone with how they really are.

It's charming.

And these two do get along which is nice.

And they did talk about Tough Enough for those who wanted to hear that.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Remember how Rick Rude became top tier talent because he went to WCW instead of being a joke character in WWF because fuck WWF?

Nose Master

Paige joking about changing the Diva's championship into the women's championship.

Really shocked Austin didn't pounce on that to make this interview more than "OMG I LOVE YOU SO MUCH STEVEWEISERS /moves hair out of cleavage"

yea i mentioned this earlier,it look so stupid and cheap like a toy. I was happy to see the cena wwe title finally changed and the current one is pretty nice.

so much better:

Fox318

You guys really need to watch this Lucha underground Video

http://youtu.be/uR46O1n7rq8

#BETTERTHANDAREDEVIL

lARLtWB.jpg

https://youtu.be/00UUwdtBhYA?t=232

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Eh, Rude left at the very top of the mid card and joined WCW at the top of the mid card. He probably just got a better deal and preferred the easier touring schedule which WCW still claimed even in the middle of the Monday Night Wars.

dream

You know what the best thing about Rick Rude was? He died without having his reputation of being legit tough tested.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Divas were so named a good five years after it was briefly cool to call an extremely talented young woman a Diva as a show of respect.

I do hope they do an angle about rebranding it, but Total Divas still bringing in the bucks will prevent this.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Eh, Rude left at the very top of the mid card and joined WCW at the top of the mid card. He probably just got a better deal and preferred the easier touring schedule which WCW still claimed even in the middle of the Monday Night Wars.

In WWF he existed at the top of the midcard only for putting Warrior over into the main event and solidifying him there. In WCW he got wins over Sting, Flair and was the crown jewel of what was essentially WCW's new 'heel Horsemen'. I'd say that's better than 'guy who fueds with Ultimate Warrior every week'

Say what you will about TNA, but with this talk about how WWE Diva's instead of women's makes it easier for them to brand. Knockouts is such a great idea. It works on both levels, getting over both their looks and the fact that they can knock you out.

Divas is just so... girly and it feels downright insulting.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
In WWF he existed at the top of the midcard only for putting Warrior over into the main event and solidifying him there. In WCW he got wins over Sting, Flair and was the crown jewel of what was essentially WCW's new 'heel Horsemen'. I'd say that's better than 'guy who fueds with Ultimate Warrior every week'

I have no doubt he'd have been the next Heel champ had he stayed around for another year or two.

Also wouldn't have broken his damn neck in Japan!

EDIT: That being said WCW's best run by far is the brief time he's in the mix, and it's not even close. If you somehow took that main event roster and superglued the 1996-1997 Cruiserweights onto it you'd have the best wrasslin product ever.

Savitar

Say what you will about TNA, but with this talk about how WWE Diva's instead of women's makes it easier for them to brand. Knockouts is such a great idea. It works on both levels, getting over both their looks and the fact that they can knock you out.

Divas is just so... girly and it feel downright insulting.

The butterfly belt does not help.

I've hated it since I first saw it.

It seems like an insult.

Divas were so named a good five years after it was briefly cool to call an extremely talented young woman a Diva as a show of respect.

I do hope they do an angle about rebranding it, but Total Divas still bringing in the bucks will prevent this.

Total Divas gets fewer viewers than 2:00am repeats of Family Guy, I'm surprised it's still going on

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Keep in mind, Man God. That theme would never exist if he stayed in WWF. I'd give the WWF title up any day of the week for that theme.

Top Bottom