• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin |OT| The Sunday of Summer

Oersted

Why haven't I read this earlier

On the latest edition of “The Ross Report”, hosted by Jim Ross, Ross revealed when he worked for WWE he was very interested in signing Gail Kim to a contract, but Vince McMahon was wary on signing her because she is Asian.

When asked about signing Kim, Vince responded by saying “I don’t know, I don’t know.”

Ross went on to explain to Vince that Kim was an excellent in-ring talent, and that a lot of men are interested in Asian women. He even told Vince there are adult internet sites dedicated to asian women, which is something that apparently “shocked” Vince.

I love how this makes sound both racist

rollins entire run for the past year now is kind of unprecedented and crazy. this is a young and flippy guy with hair highlights.

and

they gave this dude BOTH of john cena's belts

but he's a limp champ and cheats constantly just in case people start to love him before his designated face run

just kinda weird. not bad though. i'm a seth fan.

Maybe if Seth actually wrestled like a face instead of a flippy flip high flying face, they wouldn't have to worry about people loving him before they're ready to turn him.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Whenever someone talks bad about booty eating I just, I just
jEH7Baa.png

My man. We eatin' cake tonight.

Why haven't I read this earlier

I love how this makes sound both racist

Wow, that's insane and bizarre. Vince truly is on his own planet.

Seth is in a weird position where he isn't really given a rivalry so much as revolving opponents. And he never wins clean, but he's never the one behind it, there's usually something else beyond his control that shows up so none of his matches have a good blow-off.

DeathyBoy

Banned
Why would you put Owens vs Cesaro on before Taker vs Lesnar? Two young, hungry wrestlers working a fast pace makes the 'Taker lies down for five minutes after a shoulderblock' pace a tad insufferable.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Why would you put Owens vs Cesaro on before Taker vs Lesnar? Two young, hungry wrestlers working a fast pace makes the 'Taker lies down for five minutes after a shoulderblock' pace a tad insufferable.

Because people were actually talking about the Taker lies down for five minutes match after Summerslam ended unlike the Owens vs Cesaro match

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Christ, it feels like Sunny & I are in Army of Two: NeoGAF Cheesecake Edition.
It's ok. If even just one person says to themselves "huh, maybe we DO treat women shitty in games" then it's a fight worth fighting. I used to be like that, I used to treat women shitty. And I didn't think I was doing anything wrong, because society said I wasn't. Well, society was wrong.

jmdajr

Disagree. Fans were in it. A lot. Why? Because they gave a shit about the characters. Sometimes we forget.

That's part of why Bayley and Sasha was great. It's not just about the flippy shit.

It's ok. If even just one person says to themselves "huh, maybe we DO treat women shitty in games" then it's a fight worth fighting. I used to be like that, I used to treat women shitty. And I didn't think I was doing anything wrong, because society said I wasn't. Well, society was wrong.

You picked the wrong game series to die on the vine for, breh

SF ain't been nothing but fanservice and bombastic craziness since day one

dream

You should make a thread about this in OT and see what GAF-at-large thinks.

Bronx-Man

Banned

It's how passionate they are about the cheesecake that gets me. Like, these are grown men salivating over a video game character with a boob-and-butt window in 2015, and they see nothing out of the ordinary with this.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
You picked the wrong game series to die on the vine for, breh

SF ain't been nothing but fanservice and bombastic craziness since day one
I ain't dyin, pal. I'm a member of the No-Bans Club est. July 2015

jmdajr

Standard WWE policy is booking a cool-down match before the main. Not a 'fast-paced future superstars' match.

Yes it's odd but didn't hurt final match at all. There are no longer Diva bathroom breaks so I guess the only other thing you can do is put a squash match.

Or... just work hard to have people care about your Main Events.

I bought an IWA-MS show and the first half-hour features one of those Circus of Horrors-style carnival acts, but this one's as low-rent and terrible as you'd expect from IWA-MS. Bronson, what gives? Let Ian know we want goddamn wrasslin, not this shit. Cheers!

DeathyBoy

Banned
Yes it's odd but didn't hurt final match at all. There are no longer Diva bathroom breaks so I guess the only other thing you can do is put a squash match.

Or... just work hard to have people care about your Main Events.

I'm all for selling, and I like most Taker matches, but going from '0-60' to 0-10 then a quick sleep' is odd. That's more a match placement thing granted. Taker does what he does well, but after seeing two guys work a fast pace it feels a tad odd for 'THE DRAMA OF A CLOTHESLINE' to kick in.

Standard WWE policy is booking a cool-down match before the main. Not a 'fast-paced future superstars' match.

It's the only match of the night that people weren't expected to be invested in any story. Putting them in front of the biggest story of the night so the audience can clear their minds is the perfect spot.

jmdajr

Things I wanted to mention. These NXT women matches are really some of the first times in recent memory where I watch the match for simply being a wrestling match.

Dudes are dudes, and sometimes it's impossible to take away the sexualization of women in wrestling, but somehow..they've done it. And sure, some guy might joke about how maybe these girls aren't "good looking enough" or whatever, but fans finally care in a serious manner.

It's not just about looking at Trish's bottom, as nice as it is, or whatever. I don't know, it's progress. And hopefully we can keep going down that route.

You can't ever take the attraction completely away, sexually, but it's headed in the right direction.

I bought an IWA-MS show and the first half-hour features one of those Circus of Horrors-style carnival acts, but this one's as low-rent and terrible as you'd expect from IWA-MS. Bronson, what gives? Let Ian know we want goddamn wrasslin, not this shit. Cheers!

Wait until CZW's 2 PPVs this year, with main events that will take 45 minutes to get the ring set up

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Things I wanted to mention. These NXT women matches are really some of the first times in recent memory where I watch the match for simply being a wrestling match.

Dudes are dudes, and sometimes it's impossible to take away the sexualization of women in wrestling, but somehow..they've done it. And sure, some guy might joke about how maybe these girls aren't "good looking enough" or whatever, but fans finally care in a serious manner.

It's not just about looking at Trish's bottom, as nice as it is, or whatever. I don't know, it's progress. And hopefully we can keep going down the route.

You can't ever take the attraction completely away, sexually, but it's headed in the right direction.
Right, right! It'll always be there but it's not the FOCUS like it has been for so long. It's truly a

New Day

DeathyBoy

Banned
It's the only match of the night that people weren't expected to be invested in any story. Putting them in front of the biggest story of the night so the audience can clear their minds is the perfect spot.

Fair enough.

My point is more that they SHOULD be in a position where people remember their match the next night. Putting them before Taker-Lesnar means that their fast-paced style doesn't matter. IC title absolutely should've been before Taker-Lesnar, the perfect 'cool down' match. It does a dis-service to the effort Cesaro/Owens put in that their match doesn't mean shit ten minutes later.

And for the record, I'm not knocking Taker-Lesnar. Taker-HHH was all psychology and slow-selling and was awesome.

It just wouldn't be Cage of Death without a huge-ass, momentum killing intermission.

Incidentally, I just imagined what a horrid combination of terrible business practices a conjoined Gabe & Deej booked promotion would look like.

I only saw the ad for it, but does Swerved have a prank of making people think a pregnant woman in the gym fell from the chin up bar on her stomach? Because that's what the ad makes it look like.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I only saw the ad for it, but does Swerved have a prank of making people think a pregnant woman in the gym fell from the chin up bar on her stomach? Because that's what the ad makes it look like.
No no, just her having a baby

Man, I forgot all the amazing things that happened during R-Truths sudden Main Event run. The drinking of water, the smoking of a cigarette all LIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIVE on TV.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Man, I forgot all the amazing things that happened during R-Truths sudden Main Event run. The drinking of water, the smoking of a cigarette all LIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIVE on TV.
They were all amazing. And when he dumped his entrance music...

Fair enough.

My point is more that they SHOULD be in a position where people remember their match the next night. Putting them before Taker-Lesnar means that their fast-paced style doesn't matter. IC title absolutely should've been before Taker-Lesnar, the perfect 'cool down' match. It does a dis-service to the effort Cesaro/Owens put in that their match doesn't mean shit ten minutes later.

Sorry to say, but it kind of didn't matter. There was barely any build-up, and no consequences.

And that's not going to change unless some degree of nuance is given to Owens and cesaro.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Sorry to say, but it kind of didn't matter. There was barely any build-up, and no consequences.

And that's not going to change unless some degree of nuance is given to Owens and cesaro.

That's why it was fine. It was a very good wrestling match for people who care about it but you could easily skip it since there was barely a reason they were fighting.

DeathyBoy

Banned
What the fuck at Taker-Lesnar?

Just run Lesnar giving Taker the middle finger as the finish then passing out. That timekeeper bullshit was fucking bullshit. Like what the fuckety fuck?

Top Bottom