• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin |OT| The Sunday of Summer

klonere

Banned
¡HarlequinPanic!;176721571 said:
Just because they're both NATURAL redheads doesn't mean it's cool to confuse eva marie with becky lynch, BROTHER.

Friend, notice I specified that it was a singles match that Eva forgot to kick out of a pin! Totally covered my ass on that one.

and that was totally Charlotte's fault in the case of Becky!

To this day, you can literally not find a single instance of someone saying nice about Kevin Dunn. Not one comment on a podcast, not one shoot interview, not one social media post, not one internet forum post. Literally nothing.

Tazz says nice things about him.

But thats Tazz.

Interesting list. I wonder how dire it would be if NXT wasn't included? How low would you dip?

"Jey Uso at #8"
"Fandango at #10"

Honestly, I'd definitely have Kofi in there if there's space - feels like New Day's a perfect fit for him, both character and in-ring wise. Tagging with Big E covers his deficiencies nicely, plus the stable's really allowed Kofi's charisma to shine through for just about the first-time ever in his WWE career.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Noticed no mention of Bork nor The Dirtiest Player In The Game Taker in Bootaaay's list. It's a shameful thing.

This is an interesting omission - what about Lesnar turns you off from him, Boots?

Oh yeah, Bork...not sure how I forgot him. Y'know what, take Balor out and replace him with Bork. Tired of "the demon" and his WWE identikit matches. Real-ass nut kicking Taker's only marginally better than regular old man Taker, so fuck him. I want Phenom Taker, dammit. All-in on the supernatural spookies.

AWWWWWWW GAF DONT YOU DARE BE SOUR

FEEEEL THE POWER

tumblr_ntldrcilrt1sbzhteo1_400.gif

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
The least Spooky Undertaker is the better

You also omitted Rusev

Data's fixing this boat. Rusev deserves better than Ambrose, surely. Even though he's in storyline hell, he's making it work.

Boots going against the wrasslegaf grain with the inclusions of Sheamus and Ambrose.

Both dudes who I find to be pretty great at the wrassles, but who have been saddled with some shitty, shitty writing and a general lack of direction. The crowd still care about Dean, but they won't for long.

This is an interesting omission - what about Lesnar turns you off from him, Boots?

Every time I watch a Bork match I'm like "imagine how much better this would be if Ishii or Shibata was in there with Bork". It's mainly his opponents. There aren't really any wrestlers in WWE I'd buy beating Bork other than Cesaro and the chances of that happening. LOL!

To this day, you can literally not find a single instance of someone saying nice about Kevin Dunn. Not one comment on a podcast, not one shoot interview, not one social media post, not one internet forum post. Literally nothing.

But do they say anything about his sexual habits?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Every time I watch a Bork match I'm like "imagine how much better this would be if Ishii or Shibata was in there with Bork". It's mainly his opponents. There aren't really any wrestlers in WWE I'd buy beating Bork other than Cesaro and the chances of that happening. LOL!

Did the triple threat of Cena, Rollins, and Bork do much for you? It was really great, in my opinion, and I can't wait to rewatch it but I'm letting it marinate.

Sunny is fucking killing me right now

I always thought titties were a good thing!

They are, but it depends on the context. I'm gonna dip out of that thread though, some people are scouring post histories, and well, lemme just say nobody's perfect.

Don't know if this has been posted but Meltzer said on the lastest Observer Radio that there are plans for Eva Marie to be the next person in line to challenge for the NXT title.

This can only end horribly for everyone.

The heat for Bayley vs. Eva Marie would be nuclear, and it would be a good story. The match will be dogs hit, but that's okay because no one would expect Bayley to carry Eva Marie.

is women wrestling men wrong?

i don't really have an opinion on this, but i do tend to really enjoy it when you get storylines about women getting the mix with the men's roster. just watching sexy star in lucha underground atm, liked chyna's IC run as a kid. i mean it's not for every woman christ i don't want to see sasha go up against brock or whatever, but when the performers are right it seems to produce very good face characters for the women.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Another off topic aside, but there's a bunch of lesser known(and better known like Rumble In The Bronx) Jackie Chan movies finally coming out on blu-ray in October in the states. And I kind of want to buy them.

but man am I over ever putting a disc in a tray ever again.

Sephzilla

10. The Vaudevillians
09. Rusev
08. Bayley
07. Cesaro
06. Finn Balor
05. The New Day
04. Seth Rollins
03. Sasha Banks
02. Kevin Owens
01. Brock Lesnar

I actually want to put Roman Reigns down as an honorable mention. Guy has improved since the Mania pressure was taken off him.

NoRéN

NXT included? I'll bite;

10. Bayley
09. Adrian Neville
08. Sheamus
07. Dean Ambrose
06. Sasha Banks
05. Finn Balor
04. Randy Orton
03. Big E Langston
02. Seth Rollins
01. Antonio Cesaro

Also really like Simon Gotch, dude's improving a lot.
Great list, Boots.
In LA making my way to my rental car. Then it is the drive to Reseda. Then foooooood. Not nearly as hot here as people were going on.

Wait 3 hours. Also, we love to bitch about everything here.

my top 10 of the current roster including nxt

1. brock lesnar
2. sasha banks
3. randy orton
4. cesaro
5. luke harper
6. john cena
7. rusev
8. becky lynch
9. titus o'neil
10. neville

the dudleys will go in there if they show they can fully go.

something like that. i based that on basically who i am most excited to see week to week.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member

i don't really have an opinion on this, but i do tend to really enjoy it when you get storylines about women getting the mix with the men's roster. just watching sexy star in lucha underground atm, liked chyna's IC run as a kid. i mean it's not for every woman christ i don't want to see sasha go up against brock or whatever, but when the performers are right it seems to produce very good face characters for the women.

Sometimes it gets really fucking gross, when it's obviously being done to fetishize violence against women. Sometimes it's dope, because it shows women on equal footing with men. Unfortunately you gotta pick and choose. I strongly DO NOT recommend watching Minoru Suzuki's intergender matches.

Ithil

Should they be allowed to interact at all? Sure. The women looked silly just standing there taking Miz' insults and not being allowed to do anything about it.

But as far as intergender matches, I don't find them a good idea. They tend to be either incredibly silly or just uncomfortable, with neither of them producing good matches.

miserable

Sometimes it gets really fucking gross, when it's obviously being done to fetishize violence against women. Sometimes it's dope, because it shows women on equal footing with men. Unfortunately you gotta pick and choose. I strongly DO NOT recommend watching Minoru Suzuki's intergender matches.

is that even a thing?

¡HarlequinPanic!;176724969 said:
I like an actual competitive match but it was kind of hard seeing sexy star take a bunch of bumps from big ryck at ultima lucha.

thankfully there were way more intense things in that show to fret over 8)

i'm only on ep1 of LU. sexy star got pinned by some redneck i forget the name of, but the way they are presenting it, it seems like a planned story where she goes over a man at some point? that not the case? i don't mind spoilers. don't tell me everything but i'm on the verge of getting invested and it'd be good to know if they're gonna fuck it up before i do.

edit: it was son of havoc. not a bad name and he has a good voice on the mic.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
i'm only on ep1 of LU. sexy star got pinned by some redneck i forget the name of, but the way they are presenting it, it seems like a planned story where she goes over a man at some point? that not the case? i don't mind spoilers. don't tell me everything but i'm on the verge of getting invested and it'd be good to know if they're gonna fuck it up before i do.

They don't fuck up for her.

Unfortunately, the person she gets the win over she should have never gotten a win over because kayfabe-wise she shouldn't even be in his league and her part of the angle is far less impactful and significant than his.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
is that even a thing?

Yeah, and he stiffs the fuck out of them and it gets really, REALLY uncomfortable. He had one with the badass to end all badasses, Aja Kong, and it got really gross. Because Aja's a fucking badass, I was like hey why not. But it got into creep power fantasy territory. Not in a sexual way, but in a gross power way.

jmdajr

Not having men "attack" women limits some angles though.

I have no clue why Brock would attack Lana, but that's all you would need to start that Rusev feud.

In my opinion you can have it in short bursts.

Do I think there should be no interaction? No

No Matches? Probably not. No promoter will ever book the women to be 100 percent competitive with the men. Dario Cueto can say all he wants about the women in LU going after the world title but we'll see if that ever happens.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Here's the issue with intergender matches, and I think Sexy Star is a perfect example of it.

When she has her mask vs mask match, the male is booed. The male wrestler, I won't name names for those who haven't watched, isn't doing anything heelish at the start. He's not being gentle, but it's wrestling. Why the fuck would he ? But he gets booed constantly for just trying to win. Vampiro's on commentary saying 'Oh Sexy Star would have killed herself if not for her mask' and it's like they force the guy to be the heel.

That's the issue with intergender booking. The male in the match loses even if they win.

Ithil

Not having men "attack" women limits some angles though.

I have no clue why Brock would attack Lana, but that's all you would need to start that Rusev feud.

In my opinion you can have it in short bursts.

Rusev and Ziggler do look goofy having to stand there, hands off, since they can't interact with Lana and Summer at all. It can work, like how the Vaudevillains have a storyline reason for not retaliating to Alexa attacking them, and had a proper solution.

DeathyBoy

Banned
Diva's Revolution fucking sucks a fuck.

I'll feedback on Summerslam as a whole later, but that tag match was fucking garbage after the awesome Bayley-Banks match at NXT. I hope HHH was backstage doing a spit-take when he realised Alicia Fox was working the back of Paige after she'd taken a head/neck first bump.

edit: it was son of havoc. not a bad name and he has a good voice on the mic.

As non spoiler as I can get, Star takes a fucking hellacious bump in a match against one of the dudes in the season finale.

Alucard

Banned
Imagine you're having a pasta dinner with Stone Cold Steve Austin. He gets a bunch of sauce on his goatee and doesn't seem to notice it. Do you tell him?

Top Bottom