• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin |OT| The Sunday of Summer

Is Emma down in NXT to actually be re-tooled or is she just doing her farewell jobbing tour?

Also, whatever happened to that guy with the Emma avatar?

7lCFgCc.gif

I love Robocop's window fetish.

yoeqLZ.gif

It's called protecting your opponent, you mark-ass mark.

Defenestration!

tumblr_lxvf1qcYYS1qfjkvio2_400.gif

klonere

Banned
Honestly the whole Lana angle right now feel so incredibly ripped out of time. Still they get big pops for when the women do the cat fight spot so I guess there is still a big market for that stuff.

Lana's new outfit is fucking horrific, please take her away from Ziggler asap. I am in favour of Lana and Rusev forever comrade.

well folks

i've got money to spend

i'm in glasgow, UK

is the wwe coming anytime soon. is nxt coming to scotland. what's the deal.

i've never been to a wrestling show and it's time.

edit:

okay looks like they're coming to glasgow on november 5th. i know there's no hope of brock being there but i want to see seth and sasha. how do i figure out who's on the card before i lay down the bucks?

JavyOO7

Random, scattered thoughts about the ladies...

Hoping that the trio of Becky, Sasha and Charlotte are starting to make decent money now that they are in the roster... it sucks that they made the jump and being taken care of rather poorly and not playing up to their strengths... essentially, in a story sense. Mother Hen Steph McMom had to go up that Monday and proclaim to the world that women are the hottest thing going right now around the world, a revolution if you will, should be brought to the main roster with this three women. Honestly, with my expectations sky high to the point of irrationality, I was let down when Stephanie was brought in to the story to bring the women along with her. Its just another victim of having too many writers and Vince McMahon, the greatest wrasslin' promoter ever, not having any more patience at his age (70).

But even if things went right, it can't be the 'boom period' I envisioned in my head. Essentially, the three ladies, even if booked correctly... who do they really have to fight besides each other? There's Nattie, who is fantastic but she's not being used and there is Nikki who has tried to improve in the ring... Brie who I feel has regressed more as time has gone and probably bummed out about her cool ass husband still in the injury bench with no light in sight... I dunno. You'd have to hope that Vince would have the patience not to have the women out EVERY week wrestling and instead just having nice rant segments where the women promote their upcoming big match at the next PPV. I guess if you want a TLDR, it'd be: while its great that the three women from NXT are on the main roster, man they are in dire need of a supporting cast of excellent talent. And Vince and his team have to be more patient...

Another victim of the 'Monday Night Wars' concept. Once WWE beat ECW and WCW, they should have slowly reverted back to jobber matches. And maybe cancel Smackdown and maybe even Superstars and Main Event unless you take advantage of those shows smartly (which they haven't done in a while).

Fox318

well folks

i've got money to spend

i'm in glasgow, UK

is the wwe coming anytime soon. is nxt coming to scotland. what's the deal.

i've never been to a wrestling show and it's time.

edit:

okay looks like they're coming to glasgow on november 5th. i know there's no hope of brock being there but i want to see seth and sasha. how do i figure out who's on the card before i lay down the bucks?

NXT Takeover special is coming to london in december

JavyOO7

And yeah, Lana and Summer Rae... jesus. For one, Dolph Ziggler is a loser and he sucks. So lets have Lana, who is over with the crowd as a bad guy with Rusev and pair her up with Dolph Ziggler (who is a loser and sucks). Lana used to be, or maybe I completely interpreted her character wrong, as this powerful woman who is now not so powerful anymore. And Summer Rae, which she hits the right notes being Rusev's new lady, I just can't help but feel bad. Instead of being sent out there to wrestle she's just there to be eye candy.

i'm seeing a randy/sheamus/orton pic attached to this email. not super excited about that. although a randy rko might be worth the price of admission.

There's usually a talent list somewhere, but you just kind of take your chances on the night.

I also feel I have to do my BritWres duty and point out ICW are always running shows in Glasgow and have a huge one coming up at the SECC in November.

I also have to do my duty as someone from Edinburgh and say Glasgow sucks.

Honestly the whole Lana angle right now feel so incredibly ripped out of time. Still they get big pops for when the women do the cat fight spot so I guess there is still a big market for that stuff.

Lana's new outfit is fucking horrific, please take her away from Ziggler asap. I am in favour of Lana and Rusev forever comrade.

We need Rusev to kidnap her and use some 80's Soviet brainwashing to get her onside.

In other nonsurprising news, they cut the MizTV segment on the german broadcast.

It was also reportedly cut on Hulu as well. So obviously they got the message. Monday and the Divas Revolution going forward (if they do, and they should) should be interesting to see what they do with the feedback.

Top Bottom