• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin |OT| The Sunday of Summer

Reading all these pro Miz stories and about his active role with Bryan is leading me to infer that Mizdow was only playing the role but not writing the part. If so, it makes more sense that Miz would win the name at the end because Sandow wouldn't have made it work. I also think Miz was the leader because Sandow didn't have anything after the story ended.

At the time people said to give Miz credit for working what amounted to handicap matches, but now we might admit we should credit him for more than just that.

The entirety of Tough Talk was just Bryan being done with this bullshit. You could just see it in his face. Paige saving GiGi sent him over the edge.

He was obviously not pleased with the 10 year vet questioning his opinion on the injury overreaction. Paige was 100% wrong on that to, GiGi didn't land on her head at all, and blew that entirely out of proportion. With that said, Miz and his trolling of Paige is now the best thing about Tough Enough

jred2k

Reading all these pro Miz stories and about his active role with Bryan is leading me to infer that Mizdow was only playing the role but not writing the part. If so, it makes more sense that Miz would win the name at the end because Sandow wouldn't have made it work. I also think Miz was the leader because Sandow didn't have anything after the story ended.

At the time people said to give Miz credit for working what amounted to handicap matches, but now we might admit we should credit him for more than just that.

C'mon they both deserve equal credit. The angle wouldn't have been as fun if Miz wasn't part of it to react the way he did and it also wouldn't have been as fun if Sandow didn't just run with it so well. The angle got bigger and went further than it should have by any right to and if either piece was different it wouldn't have taken off.

Savitar

If Paige and Bryan argue Paige should on the sly mention "Talent is not sexually transmitted", just to watch his reaction.

C'mon they both deserve equal credit. The angle wouldn't have been as fun if Miz wasn't part of it to react the way he did and it also wouldn't have been as fun if Sandow didn't just run with it so well. The angle got bigger and went further than it should have by any right to and if either piece was different it wouldn't have taken off.

Yes, this angle needed both guys for it to work, but I'm saying my head at the time was, "dumb, Miz doing the same old thing." and "Sandow is so smart to come up with this!" I wonder who did the coming up with it now. Was Miz planning the matches and coming up with the pratfalls and headstands too? I suspect he might have been.

SD

* SmackDown opens with a Roddy Piper tribute.
* Roman Reigns vs. Rusev was announced for later tonight.
* Reigns kicked off SmackDown in the ring with a promo on Bray Wyatt. Rusev interrupted and warned Reigns about their match later tonight.
* Mark Henry and The Prime Time Players defeated The New Day in a six-man match.
* Charlotte vs. Naomi was restarted as a tag team match due to interference.
* Sasha Banks and Naomi defeated Charlotte and Becky Lynch.
* Stardust defeated Zack Ryder.
* Roman Reigns defeated Rusev in the main event.

Caspel

Business & Marketing Manager @ GungHo
Miz has been great on Tough Enough. 2015 has been great to him and my opinion has turned around on him. Paige has become one of the most annoying divas this side of Rosa. Hell, I prefer Summer to get right now.

miserable

SD

* SmackDown opens with a Roddy Piper tribute.
* Roman Reigns vs. Rusev was announced for later tonight.
* Reigns kicked off SmackDown in the ring with a promo on Bray Wyatt. Rusev interrupted and warned Reigns about their match later tonight.
* Mark Henry and The Prime Time Players defeated The New Day in a six-man match.
* Charlotte vs. Naomi was restarted as a tag team match due to interference.
* Sasha Banks and Naomi defeated Charlotte and Becky Lynch.
* Stardust defeated Zack Ryder.
* Roman Reigns defeated Rusev in the main event.

Rusev already back to jobbing clean

to Roman

Comcept keeping it kayfabe.

olCdA36.png

Decided to grab a ticket for PROGRESS's smaller trainee show on Tuesday (their "trainee" shows got too big so now they have a smaller trainee show to feed the original trainee show). The 1+ show a month streak lives! I'll happily pay a fiver to see the Pastor and the GZRS.

kiguel182

Another week where the person voted off got saved. Really frustrating.

And yeah, Bryan is clearly sick of the bullshit of the show. It was pretty obvious Gigi's attitude got under his skin and yeah, that tackle didn't look nearly as dangerous as it was portrayed.

Miz again saved Amanda without wanting to just by being a terrible judge that doesn't know how the show works.

Oh well, Sara and ZZ seem to have this in the bag. Josh can also win it but he'll probably get a contract regardless.

Menome

Got a free weekend coming up. If I were to catch up on Tough Enough, should I just watch Tough Talk for the first few weeks' worth, then jump over to the main show once The Miz does?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Got a free weekend coming up. If I were to catch up on Tough Enough, should I just watch Tough Talk for the first few weeks' worth, then jump over to the main show once The Miz does?

Yes, I would recommend that

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Someone should submit this for the pool.

How's that going Vince?

Very poor. 5 entries. Nowhere near the almost-30 we had last time. I haven't been pushing it hard enough though, been bogged down with work and personal things (in a good way, not bad)

jmdajr

Miz has been great on Tough Enough. 2015 has been great to him and my opinion has turned around on him. Paige has become one of the most annoying divas this side of Rosa. Hell, I prefer Summer to get right now.

They needed him to get the BigShow/Ryback feud over. Outside of average in the ring he's not bad. Actually he's quite good.

edit: All I've watched is Tough Talk and then watch the highlight clips. That's all you need I'm guessing.

edit edit: Side note, Billy is pretty god damn charismatic. I feel he didn't really shine unitl Billy and Chuck though.

Go ahead and re-post the info, I saw it and let it slide and now I can't find it.

Oy Y'ALL

Dear Friends:

I'd like to inform the community that we will be doing a Lethal Lottery Avatar Submission run.

Lethal Lottery Rules

What you need to enter:
- An avatar, wrestling-related, to add to the pool - make it yourself or outsource it, whatever - make sure it's formatted right. I won't be editing images for you.
- A PM sent to me, Vince McMahon, declaring your intent and linking the avatar to add to the pool.

What you need to do:
On August 10th, immediately after RAW, the pool is FINALIZED and we'll draw numbers. I will rename each avatar to a numbered version, and we'll post (thanks to random.org) a list of who gets what and post it. You then must change your avatar THAT DAY. No complaints, no whining, just do it. You cannot trade with others. You can submit the most cringeworthy or AWESOME avatar ever. You can only submit ONE avatar.

If you welch on it, I have contacted a mod and confirmed they will perma-Junior anyone who doesn't hold up their end of the deal.

After August, you can go back to whatever avatar you like. Keep it SFW!

Is this okay as a submission for the Avatar Lottery?

btuA0qsm.png

If you resize it, absolutely.

Quoting for new page:

Dear Friends:

I'd like to inform the community that we will be doing a Lethal Lottery Avatar Submission run.

Lethal Lottery Rules

What you need to enter:
- An avatar, wrestling-related, to add to the pool - make it yourself or outsource it, whatever - make sure it's formatted right. I won't be editing images for you.
- A PM sent to me, Vince McMahon, declaring your intent and linking the avatar to add to the pool.

What you need to do:
On August 10th, immediately after RAW, the pool is FINALIZED and we'll draw numbers. I will rename each avatar to a numbered version, and we'll post (thanks to random.org) a list of who gets what and post it. You then must change your avatar THAT DAY. No complaints, no whining, just do it. You cannot trade with others. You can submit the most cringeworthy or AWESOME avatar ever. You can only submit ONE avatar.

If you welch on it, I have contacted a mod and confirmed they will perma-Junior anyone who doesn't hold up their end of the deal.

After August, you can go back to whatever avatar you like. Keep it SFW!

Top Bottom