• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin |OT| The Sunday of Summer

RP912

Banned
tumblr_nslg5sWEip1qzucdqo1_500.gif

ewww Starbucks.

I don't have a problem with it. But she's gonna look major different when she gets rid of it.

Or maybe that's the point: to present yourself in heavy make-up on TV so she is able to go out undisturbed by marks after she takes off or tones down the make-up because she looks so different.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
So I watched maybe half of the Paige interview with Austin. Or, Austin's interview with Paige.

She has such a terrible mother.

Sephzilla

Sunny, I'm going to try to get an entry to you hopefully by the weekend. I just need some time after work to photoshop something awful together

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Chav family is gonna chav, just go with it.

I should have seen it coming from a mile away. Wrestling families are carny as fuck, throw some fish and chips in and you've got pregnant women taking Kamala splashes.

We're 47 pages in, so I'm not sure what the value of adding this to the OP would be, but there are two EVOLVE shows this month:

EVOLVE 47, Saturday 8/15/15 - Queens NY
Belltime: 6:00 pm Eastern, Live on iPPV

EVOLVE Championship match: Timothy Thatcher vs. Zack Sabre Jr.
Johnny Gargano vs. Ethan Page
Rich Swann vs. Drew Gulak
Chris Hero vs. Mike Bailey
Trent Baretta w/SoCal Val vs. Rey Horus
Biff Busick vs. Tracy Williams
The Premier Athlete Brand (Anthony Nese & Caleb Konley w/SoCal Val and Andrea) vs. ?

EVOLVE 48, Sunday, 8/16/15 - Long Island, NY
Belltime: 8:00 pm Eastern, Live on iPPV

No holds barred match: Timothy Thatcher vs. Biff Busick
Chris Hero vs. Zack Sabre Jr.
Johnny Gargano vs. Mystery Opponent Selected by Ethan Page
Ethan Page vs. Rich Swann
Drew Gulak & Tracy Williams vs. Mike Bailey & Rey Horus
The Premier Athlete Brand's open challenge

Thatcher vs. Sabre Jr. on 8/15 should be hot, while Thatcher vs.Busick and Hero vs. Sabre Jr. on Sunday should be very good.

jmdajr

I should have seen it coming from a mile away. Wrestling families are carny as fuck, throw some fish and chips in and you've got pregnant women taking Kamala splashes.

Who would you say is the carniest of all time? The least?

Once you go carny..is there a way out?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Who would you say is the carniest of all time? The least?

Once you go carny..is there a way out?

Carniest family? Probably Von Erichs. Maybe Harts. I mean, they're both pretty big, but they're far carnier than the Anoa'i family. Regarding actions. Probably the Harts. They're FUCKING carny.

DMczaf

After reading that story of how the Bret/Vince match was booked, the Hart family is King Carny.

With the right director and writer, you could probably make a 2 hour film out of that booking meeting in the vein of 12 Angry Men.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
After reading that story of how the Bret/Vince match was booked, the Hart family is King Carny.

With the right director and writer, you could probably make a 2 hour film out of that booking meeting in the vein of 12 Angry Men.

It's easy to just think of Owen and Bret and sometimes Bulldog.

But that Hart family rabbit hole goes into some fucking insane, dark places. Just absolutely insane, and like you mentioned, even that Bret/Vince mania match talk. What the FUCK, just absolutely insane.

klonere

Banned

It's easy to just think of Owen and Bret and sometimes Bulldog.

But that Hart family rabbit hole goes into some fucking insane, dark places. Just absolutely insane, and like you mentioned, even that Bret/Vince mania match talk. What the FUCK, just absolutely insane.

You should both listen to the TIJ episode with Natty and Tyson Kidd on it holy shit some of the stories are absolutely insane, including a more in depth talk about the Brett/Vince match booking.

But also a very heartwarming story about Tyson being the lynchpin of Brett and Shawn getting back in touch

Sephzilla

So the extended cut of Hobbit: Battle of Five Armies, a movie that was already bloated as fuck because it stretched 5/6 pages of a book into a 2.5 hour movie, is getting an extended edition that apparently earned an R rating. An R rating of a fucking children's book adaptation.

What the fuck happened to Peter Jackson?

DMczaf

Link (or gist)?

http://www.wrestlinginc.com/wi/news...d-on-hart-family-problems-at-wrestlemania-26/

At the end of the show, Jericho asked about Bret Hart's return to the ring in 2010 at WrestleMania 26, and what it meant to the Hart Family. Tyson said that WrestleMania was the first time the entire family was together since Stu Hart's funeral six years earlier, and even that was a milestone considering how splintered the family became after Owen Hart's tragic passing. Natalya said that even WrestleMania was not without its drama and Kidd added that the first problem occurred when Natalya's Aunt Allison told off John "Johnny Ace" Laurinaitis, the then-head of WWE talent relations. She caused a scene on Thursday—days before any of the festivities, because she was hungry, and didn't feel like she should have to pay for her own food.

Bret was said to be furious with his family and reminded them that while they might be making special appearances, Tyson, Natalya, and Harry Smith still had to work in WWE. Ross Hart asked why their behavior should affect the current Superstars, to which Bret responded: "Do you have rocks in your head, Ross?"

They described the planning process behind Bret Hart vs. Vince McMahon at WrestleMania and said Vince was in a room with the Hart Dynasty, a dozen additional members of the Hart Family, Triple H and Shawn Michaels. Vince laid out the format, and Bruce Hart interrupted with: "No, this doesn't make sense. That basically turns you babyface."

Bruce started coming up with alternate ideas, before Vince could even get into the match. Bruce continued to interrupt and said that Batista should be involved, because of his prior altercation with Bret. Michael "PS" Hayes responded with: "Batista's got kind of a big match that night."

For those that don't remember, Batista headlined that show against John Cena. Bruce started pitching SummerSlam matches until Bret interrupted him and ordered him to shut up. Bruce then decided to stop talking to the group and began to whisper loudly to his brothers. Natalya's mother stood up out of nowhere and said: "I think Jim [Neidhart] should be involved."

Jim, according to Natalya, is the most normal one in the family, probably because he's not a blood relative, and decides to keep his mouth shut. Then there was a debate over who would play the part of the special referee. Bruce was originally pegged for the role but according to the rest of the family, "Wayne was always the referee in Stampede. Wayne should be the referee."

According to Natalya, Vince McMahon was very entertained by all of this.

lol

Carniest family? Probably Von Erichs. Maybe Harts. I mean, they're both pretty big, but they're far carnier than the Anoa'i family. Regarding actions. Probably the Harts. They're FUCKING carny.

The Von Erichs have to be the carniest. At least the Harts are known by their actual last name. The Von Erichs are actually the Adkissons, and Fritz Von Erich was a Nazi gimmick from the 1950s.

jmdajr

So the extended cut of Hobbit: Battle of Five Armies, a movie that was already bloated as fuck because it stretched 5/6 pages of a book into a 2.5 hour movie, is getting an extended edition that apparently earned an R rating. An R rating of a fucking children's book adaptation.

What the fuck happened to Peter Jackson?

Whatevs, It was fun to watch.

DMczaf

The Von Erichs have to be the carniest. At least the Harts are known by their actual last name. The Von Erichs are actually the Adkissons, and Fritz Von Erich was a Nazi gimmick from the 1950s.

Living the gimmick?

That's pretty fucking carny...might have to rethink my choice of King Carny...

DMczaf

Capcom announces the Mega Man Legacy Collection date and price on the day Mighty No 9 is delayed til 2016.

Carny Wars have begun.

Top Bottom