• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin |OT| The Sunday of Summer

klonere

Banned
New Day: Vince we don't want a stereotypical black gimmick.

Vince: No problem. YOU'RE GONNA BE PREACHERS!

Addedum: AND YOUR NAME IS GONNA BE HOUSE OF POSITIVE ENERGY (yes that's HOPE)

Also Vince was genuinely shocked that New Day didn't get over as a face act.

And the original theme was even worse than the current one.

And they spent 5 - 6 months working a completely different gimmick, had it kiboshed just before it got to TV and then Vince came to them with the NEW DAY

I really want to see what the original idea they envisioned was, it sounded pretty cool.

klonere

Banned
http://www.rollingstone.com/sports/features/lucha-undergrounds-last-stand-20150805

Rolling Stone article on Lucha Underground. Some spoilers for a spot in Vampiro/Pentagon.

He noted that the graffiti sprayed across the walls of the warehouse – fans know it as impresario Dario Cueto's Lucha Temple – is actually encrypted with hidden messages, detailing a much larger storyline, one producers hope to tell over multiple seasons.

Please get renewed

Addedum: AND YOUR NAME IS GONNA BE HOUSE OF POSITIVE ENERGY (yes that's HOPE)

Also Vince was genuinely shocked that New Day didn't get over as a face act.

And the original theme was even worse than the current one.

And they spent 5 - 6 months working a completely different gimmick, had it kiboshed just before it got to TV and then Vince came to them with the NEW DAY

I really want to see what the original idea they envisioned was, it sounded pretty cool.

Wasn't there a very brief tease for the original gimmick?

I remember Xavier coming out and teaching E and Kofi to be ruthless, but I cant find the video.

Then they disappeared for a while.

Here's a vid of New Day doing the "We Want some New Day" chant

Edit: Beaten

Here is the New Nation thing

somedevil

Well it looks this is the Summerslam Card:

The Undertaker vs. Brock Lesnar
John Cena vs. Seth Rollins
Dolph Ziggler vs. Rusev
Cesaro vs. Kevin Owens
Randy Orton vs. Sheamus
Women's match
Roman Reigns & Dean Ambrose vs. Bray Wyatt & Luke Harper
Ryback vs. The Miz
Neville with Stephen Amell vs. Stardust
The Prime Time Players vs. Los Matadores vs. Lucha Dragons vs. The New Day

Tag match is going to be on the pre show again just like Wrestlemania is my guess.

jmdajr

this is freaky..and real

dscovrepicmoontransitfull.gif

Here is a preview of the new chant because they did it already on the WWE youtube channel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=22&v=qvM8vg2NQE4

I remember Xavier coming out and teaching E and Kofi to be ruthless, but I cant find the video.

This is awesome. I need a gif of them dancing at the end.

Well it looks this is the Summerslam Card:

Tag match is going to be on the pre show again just like Wrestlemania is my guess.

oh yeah I forgot about Ziggler, dude was stinking up the joint with that Lana stuff, hope Rusev Brock's him and immediately moves on from his sorry ass.

The New Day reportedly debuted a new catchphrase at tonight's SmackDown tapings. According to a fan in attendance it went something like, "Ayyye, we want some New Day!" and the crowd chanted it with them.

The chant is in reference to this song

LMAO THIS CAN'T BE REAL

FUCK AHAHA

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
The similarities between the way Paul Heyman speaks and the way Penn Jillette speaks are uncanny.

Jillette would have made an awesome wrasslin' manager. Or wrassler, too - he's giant. Or was.

Fox318

The similarities between the way Paul Heyman speaks and the way Penn Jillette speaks are uncanny.

Jillette would have made an awesome wrasslin' manager. Or wrassler, too - he's giant. Or was.

Have they ever been in the same room together?

They could be the same person.

Those o'haire devil's advocate promos were...something alright. No idea how they thought to parley that into anything further than vignettes.

im with sunny on this one

Someone summed it up pretty well in that thread;

Reworked ATR summary:

• We redesigned Regis. No reasons given.
  • Airships? We're behind and still working on it, maybe as DLC.
  • We're nowhere near done.
  • We can't announce a release window, even if we do have one.
  • Important questions about black bars and cosplay.
  • The prologue of the game has changed!
  • Luna is a strong female character even though nothing we've shown supports that.
  • The girl with black hair? We haven't named her yet.
  • Main baddie? Who knows.
  • Stay tuned for PAX when we'll show the same trailer.
  • Feedback forum! Not ready yet.
  • New stuff at TGS and working on a new demo.
  • Malboro fight with a bunch of seconds of gameplay and a brief stroll through some new landscapes.
  • Product placement for german beer.

Kaladin

More on 2k16:

Among the details for WWE 2K16 being confirmed by 2K:

2K Showcase and MyCareer are back: The respective story-based and career-driven modes will return in WWE 2K16, giving gamers the chance to relive legendary moments in WWE history or create some of their own. Most notably, MyCareer will give players the ability to fight their way from the developmental ranks of NXT all the way into the WWE Hall of Fame.

A deeper Creation Suite: WWE video game enthusiasts will get the chance to customize their WWE video game experience in a more robust way. In addition to improvements in popular features like Create a Superstar and Create an Entrance, WWE 2K16 will also offer new ways to modify their games through Create a Diva, Create a Championship, Create an Arena and Create a Show.

Overhauled online gameplay: 2K altered the online options offered in WWE 2K16 based on fan feedback, which will include a revised matchmaking system and other ways to play with the WWE Games community.

Substantial gameplay improvements: WWE 2K16 enhances the gameplay experience based on fan feedback as well, which should result in a WWE 2K16 that’s tailored more closely to what fans want. Changes will become apparent in the form of improved controls, new moves and submission holds, a new reversal system, a new pinfall system, improved AI, additional match types, new chain wrestling and a new system called working holds, which will affect a character’s stamina based on how the maneuver is applied. The newest game in the WWE 2K series will also feature dynamic entrances, which will make the pre-match moments part of the overall experience and give gamers the chance to attack opponents before the bell.

More authentic look-and-feel: The latest installment by 2K will present a slew of new and realistic animations, but WWE 2K16 will also benefit from changes to the overall gameplay experience, too. This year’s game will include a three-man broadcast team for the first time, adding JBL to returning characters Michael Cole and Jerry Lawler. Those three will narrate the action that’s designed to flow more freely, as loading screens will disappear between entrances and the opening bell in order to let gamers get in on the action and stay there until the end.

http://www.wwe.com/inside/2k/wwe-2k16/wwe-2k16-gamescom-gameplay-features-mycareer-2k-showcase

Top Bottom