• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin |OT| The Sunday of Summer

Fox318

So if the company is doing well what is the things people want?

• More Pyro
  • Better Entrance Music
  • New Production graphics
  • Unique PPV sets
  • Running larger arenas like MSG more often
  • More Bork?
  • More produced skits outside of arenas

Fox318

People like Cody Rhodes and Wade Barrett would have been the types that went to WCW and got their act together at a new place.

Vylash

Cody and Wade easily should've been main eventers after nexus and rhodes/shield respectively, but they just got demoted right back to the midcard despite how over they were, that's sadly a very common occurrence

Kaiterra

Banned
Well Vince is a billionaire again:

He and Linda used some of that money to give to a Republican candidate that was not named Donald Trump.

It's okay, Trump's gonna get back at him by winning the ratings against Smackdown this week.

Cody and Wade easily should've been main eventers after nexus and rhodes/shield respectively, but they just got demoted right back to the midcard despite how over they were, that's sadly a very common occurrence

How the Rhodes Bros instantly got zero effort put into anything to do with them IMMEDIATELY after that hype Authority/Shield feud was over was ridiculous.

RP912

Banned
Cody should have been more than just a gimmick. Dude is pretty much the hardest working man in show business, but he doesn't have "the look" :/

klonere

Banned

One day I'm going to go back and watch all of Cody's stuff because everything I've seen from him screams main event but idk!!!!! Midcard lol!!!!!

Cody could've had something really cool with Sandow after MitB but they fucked it up and now look at what happened to Rhodes Scholars. I seriously thought it was Cody's year, and even when Sandow managed to take it, I was still happy about it.

Cody is only 30 so he has plenty of time, but he's just been around for what feels like forever and has accomplished nothing. Like Wade, like Ziggler and plenty others, they get so much momentum, then WWE drains it. Gimmick change. Alters what we enjoyed about them or they get injured etc; Basically mid-card hell.

We're probably gonna look back on guys like them like we do with Razor, Perfect or Rude. As some talented guys that just.. never got it for whatever reason. I know it's crazy to compare some of them to those three examples, but yeah. You get the idea.

Cody could've had something really cool with Sandow after MitB but they fucked it up and now look at what happened to Rhodes Scholars. I seriously thought it was Cody's year, and even when Sandow managed to take it, I was still happy about it.

Cody is only 30 so he has plenty of time, but he's just been around for what feels like forever and has accomplished nothing. Like Wade, like Ziggler and plenty others, they get so much momentum, then WWE drains it. Gimmick change. Alters what we enjoyed about them or they get injured etc; Basically mid-card hell.

We're probably gonna look back on guys like them like we do with Razor, Perfect or Rude. As some talented guys that just.. never got it for whatever reason. I know it's crazy to compare some of them to those three examples, but yeah. You get the idea.

It's laughable to compare Ziggler, Cody and Barrett to Razor, Perfect and Rude. Razor was a founding NWO member, Perfect was one of the GOAT and Rude was one of the biggest stars of the 80's.

Seriously, there can be no idea to get.

Razor, Rude and Perfect all had memorable gimmicks that they had long runs with. You can't say anywhere near the same thing for Dolph, Cody or Wade. Those guys are more like Tito Santana or Rick Martell to be honest.

It's laughable to compare Ziggler, Cody and Barrett to Razor, Perfect and Rude. Razor was a founding NWO member, Perfect was one of the GOAT and Rude was one of the biggest stars of the 80's.

Seriously, there can be no idea to get.

They're comparably all guys who flirted with main event status but have only held mid-card titles (unless you want to count Ziggler's WHC). I think it's a pretty fair comparison to make. Say what you want, but once their careers are over, they'll be looked back upon probably just as fondly as other mid-carders from past eras.

Kaiterra

Banned
I feel like if Cody was working in an era where you could have your gimmick protected for more than a hot minute it wouldn't seem as outlandish making a comparison like that.

jmdajr

They're comparably all guys who flirted with main event status but have only held mid-card titles (unless you want to count Ziggler's WHC). I think it's a pretty fair comparison to make. Say what you want, but once their careers are over, they'll be looked back upon probably just as fondly as other mid-carders from past eras.
Yeah I think so.

Barrage

Everything about Cody's gimmick,I like (it's essentially the WWE version of Mark Hammill's Joker) except...noting inside the ring reflects the gimmick. He doesn't have enough Stardust-related spots or antics inside the ring, just solid but not but spectacular matwork. Have him use Dust to get in people's eyes, have him use gag chairs or brass knickles,whatever.

It would be so easy to get Stardust and Neville over. Have Stardust win a match that allows him to be Neville's personal GM. Then have Stardust put him in different challenges every week on RAW (Beat Jobber A by Submission in 5 Minutes! Beat Jobber B in a Falls-Count-Anywhere in 10 Minutes).

Gets Neville over by having him get consistent wins and getting the crowd used to his moveset other than the Red Arrow. Gets Stardust over by having him in control, with a different segment every week, and lets the crowd look forward to Neville getting his hands on him.

Everything about Cody's gimmick,I like (it's essentially the WWE version of Mark Hammill's Joker) except...noting inside the ring reflects the gimmick. He doesn't have enough Stardust-related spots or antics inside the ring, just solid but not but spectacular matwork. Have him use Dust to get in people's eyes, have him use gag chairs or brass knickles,whatever.

It would be so easy to get Stardust and Neville over. Have Stardust win a match that allows him to be Neville's personal GM. Then have Stardust put him in different challenges every week on RAW (Beat Jobber A by Submission in 5 Minutes! Beat Jobber B in a Falls-Count-Anywhere in 10 Minutes).

Gets Neville over by having him get consistent wins and getting the crowd used to his moveset other than the Red Arrow. Gets Stardust over by having him in control, with a different segment every week, and lets the crowd look forward to Neville getting his hands on him.

Yeah...I think doing a very watered down Joker character isn't the way to go here. That just sounds bizarre. Not that Stardust isn't mind you.

Barrage

Yeah...I think doing a very watered down Joker character isn't the way to go here. That just sounds bizarre. Not that Stardust isn't mind you.

They watered down Tony Montana and it's one of the most memorable gimmicks in wrestling (Razor Ramon).Then they watered down Razor Ramon and that was OK too (Carlito).

somedevil

Well they just announced this on NXT:

Kevin Owens wants a
ladder match
in Brooklyn

Thats crazy having a match with Cesaro the next day.

Barrage

Wait a minute...Owens/Balor is gonna be a Ladder Match????

Followed by Owens/Cesaro the next night?

The burying of Owens continues, am I right guys?

somedevil

Wait a minute...Owens/Balor is gonna be a
Ladder Match
????

Followed by Owens/Cesaro the next night?

The burying of Owens continues, am I right guys?

Well physically he is going to be. Plus Corbin new jacket looks great.

edit: Hey Bayley's boyfriend.

Fox318

Well they just announced this on NXT:

Kevin Owens wants a
ladder match
in Brooklyn

Thats crazy having a match with Cesaro the next day.

maybe Kevin Ownens won't have a summerslam match

And Cena will need a step in for his WHC match since he is injured

Cesaro wins the Strap against Rollins in Brooklyn

Top Bottom