• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin |OT| The Sunday of Summer

That seems like it should work, maybe someone else would know.

I clicked "give up" which reveals the answers and it was foreign object. Something weird must have happened when I was doing the quiz. What sucks is you can't advance to the next question unless you get it right so I had to stop a quarter of the way through.

MC Safety

Rosa had a great run as a wrestler. Now it's time to sit back and wait for the hall of fame committee to call.

My favorite Rosa moment was when she was the valet for Primo and Epico and pretended to know Spanish. She was with two Spanish-speaking guys for months and didn't learn a word of the language.

Savitar

Cole: Oh my god she's using that baby as a weapon!

JBL: Looks like we got a foreign illegal object!

Cole: It's a baby and you can't say that, she's an American citizen!

JBL: I love it maggle.

Fox318

ZSvgU5g.gif

Iceman829

I clicked "give up" which reveals the answers and it was foreign object. Something weird must have happened when I was doing the quiz. What sucks is you can't advance to the next question unless you get it right so I had to stop a quarter of the way through.

You can just type in terms at random and they fill in the boxes where appropriate.

Hey got a question for you WrassleGAF. I'll be in Japan from Oct 7 to the 21st (first half in Tokyo, second half in the Kansai region). I wanted to try and catch a NJPW event while I was over there, but looking at the schedule there's only one event in that time period. That doesn't really seem to make sense that they'd only have one show in a 3-4 week period. Is it normal for NJPW to take time off like this or will more events be announced later? I'm more hoping of something in Osaka if possible.

http://www.njpw.co.jp/english/match/?ne=2&ticket=1

Hey got a question for you WrassleGAF. I'll be in Japan from Oct 7 to the 21st (first half in Tokyo, second half in the Kansai region). I wanted to try and catch a NJPW event while I was over there, but looking at the schedule there's only one event in that time period. That doesn't really seem to make sense that they'd only have one show in a 3-4 week period. Is it normal for NJPW to take time off like this or will more events be announced later? I'm more hoping of something in Osaka if possible.

http://www.njpw.co.jp/english/match/?ne=2&ticket=1

New Japan usually take a few weeks off after King of Pro-Wrestling, so yeah, that's likely the only event in the time you're there, unfortunately - KoPW is one of the top-3 shows of the year, though, so it'd really be worth trying to see. If not, there's a good few other feds worth checking out, AJPW, Dragon Gate, DDT, BJW, etc.

Heel

You know what? No, you don't get to be "out of here for the day" without owning up to your words, Kaladin. You've skated by, passively ignoring objections to some questionable statements for far too long.

You can try to skew this as some personal vendetta, but everyone reading knows I've shown to be an equal opportunist when it comes to the disgusting treatment of women on WrassleGAF.

Maybe you have something against the professional wrestling character "Rosa Mendes", but what you're saying should not be condoned by the community. It certainly won't by me.

New Japan usually take a few weeks off after King of Pro-Wrestling, so yeah, that's likely the only event in the time you're there, unfortunately - KoPW is one of the top-3 shows of the year, though, so it'd really be worth trying to see. If not, there's a good few other feds worth checking out, AJPW, Dragon Gate, DDT, BJW, etc.

Hmm, "top 3 show of the year" seems like it might be expensive/hard to get tickets. I'll certainly have to look into it further.

I hereby declare Boots GUILTY of heightism.

The penalty, is death.
Or exile.

Heightism isn't even recognised by my spell check. Made up cism!! Also, I'm only 5'7 myself :p

Hmm, "top 3 show of the year" seems like it might be expensive/hard to get tickets. I'll certainly have to look into it further.

I wouldn't be surprised if it sold out, but as it's one of the larger arenas (9,500 to 11,000, depending on the set-up) they usually have quite a few tickets left to sell in the days before the show.

You know what? No, you don't get to be "out of here for the day" without owning up to your words, Kaladin. You've skated by, passively ignoring objections to some questionable statements for far too long.

You can try to skew this as some personal vendetta, but everyone reading knows I've shown to be an equal opportunist when it comes to the disgusting treatment of women on WrassleGAF.

Maybe you have something against the professional wrestling character "Rosa Mendes", but what you're saying should not be condoned by the community. It certainly won't by me.
This is especially poignant in the wake of Y2Kev bringing down the hammer.

Heightism isn't even recognised by my spell check. Made up cism!! Also, I'm only 5'7 myself :p

I wouldn't be surprised if it sold out, but as it's one of the larger arenas (9,500 to 11,000, depending on the set-up) they usually have quite a few tickets left to sell in the days before the show.

I saw that its the same venue the The Beast in the East show was held at. Is 11,000 really a "larger arena?"

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
You should know by now he'll be back within the hour.

I saw that its the same venue the The Beast in the East show was held at. Is 11,000 really a "larger arena?"

For today's NJPW it is - they run the Tokyo Dome once a year, but in the 80's & 90's they ran multiple dome shows every year. Nowadays Sumo Hall (where Invasion Attack, KoPW & the G1 finals are held) is the 3rd biggest arena they run - they drew 36k to the Tokyo Dome in January and 15k to Osaka Castle Hall in July.

Wrestling in Japan isn't what it used to be in terms of mainstream popularity, even WWE couldn't sell-out Sumo Hall.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Get im', boss!
And then we get Seph for whatever goddamn stuff he does, it's probably illegal

He liked that Pixels movie. I heard it wasn't THAT bad.

Nothing could be as bad as that Time magazine cover. My god, does Time have a stake in a rival VR competitor? They just killed VR with one picture.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
For reference, for those that haven't seen the mag cover...my god

bI2PIik.jpg

Top Bottom