• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin |OT| The Sunday of Summer

Gonzalez

Banned
TAKWE_BROCK.gif

Reminder, friends, don't forget your Avatar Lottery submissions. In entering an avatar to be selected at random by a community member, you also put yourself in the lottery to be assigned someone else's. Keep it in good taste.

I'll have announcements on our upcoming Community Event and Viewing Night soon as well. Hope to see you all there :)

I think I missed the post, but how does one submit an entry?

Gonzalez

Banned
I hear you guys were talking carny women that wrestled while they were pregnant. But for some reason no mention of the biggest offender Kharma.

In today's Lucha Underground update, Grave Consequences was nuts, I really like Ivelisse, and Angélico is a sexy sexy man and I am jealous/smitten.

Menome

Made a start on catching up with Tough Enough...well, Tough Talk. Got to Patrick's elimination and even though I knew it was happening, it was still baffling how it could happen. Miz obviously genuinely believes in the guy and when Patrick makes it into the big leagues, I can see Miz helping put him over.

On the ladies' side, Sarah Lee seems to be the only one left with any sort of charisma. Amanda could be the most technically proficient women wrestler in the entire business, but that's all for naught if I don't have any inclination to ever bother watching her wrestle.

The entrances reduced to a gorilla position taunt, no masks in the creation suites, slow down, DIGDIGDIG-DIGGITY DOG, handicap matches are unplayable.

Now now, I'll have no smack talking diggity dog.

Yeah, like you said, the gameplay is on point, but there's always room for improvement, thankfully it's in the side shows rather than the meat.

Menome

The entrances reduced to a gorilla position taunt, no masks in the creation suites, slow down, DIGDIGDIG-DIGGITY DOG, handicap matches are unplayable.

I remember being young and co-erced into playing some wrestling video game with a friend, where we fiddled around with options before starting. Not knowing what a Handicap meant, we just figured that whatever it was, 100% of it must better than 0%.

Thus we spent an afternoon unknowingly playing with completely gimped characters. As they were both at the same disadvantage, it probably evened things out.

Still don't know what that option actually does.

Freckle Goes Back to School, the hit Fall comedy from NBC?

Well done and good luck friend!

It'll get canned after three seasons, after having dodged the bullet between each season. Only to get picked up by Netflix to tie up loose ends and give some closure for the fans.

Thanks, bud.

Cagey

Banned
Has Zack Ryder always been in sneaky incredible shape? He's Men's Health cover ready for the special monthly Abs issue.

Fox318

Has Zack Ryder always been in sneaky incredible shape? He's Men's Health cover ready for the special monthly Abs issue.

he had an injury a while back and got into really good shape.

Shame they hate him for trying to grab the brass ring and get over.

Cagey

Banned
he had an injury a while back and got into really good shape.

Shame they hate him for trying to grab the brass ring and get over.
That makes sense. Watching last evening's NXT and he looked phenomenal. Whatever Wade Barret did to cut down, he gave those tren hard tips to Ryder. Good for Ryder. That sort of work ethic deserves rewarding, a la Barrett.

#teambullfit

I haven't seen him on NXT, but I remember him being in "I don't give a shit anymore" shape for a lil bit

e: actually nvm, I looked and it was just this one photo

Ryder-chubby-620x350.jpg

klonere

Banned
That makes sense. Watching last evening's NXT and he looked phenomenal. Whatever Wade Barret did to cut down, he gave those tren hard tips to Ryder. Good for Ryder. That sort of work ethic deserves rewarding, a la Barrett.

#teambullfit

Pity they stuck him with Mojo, truly a death sentence. I would kill for a Ryder solo run in NXT, feuding with Breeze or Corbin.

A man can dream.

dream

Okay, so after shaking off my shock from both the three minutes of Lucha Underground that I watched, and the shocking bit of racist sexism that darkened the thread earlier, I unpaused the show and watched Vampiro's match. It was, of course, pure garbage wrestling. And not even very good garbage wrestling. Just a very slow-paced garbage match punctuated by the occasional light tube, thumbtacks, and ultimately a flaming table.

But then I think about Vampiro's age, and I think this match showed us that this is how these old fucks should be used. They obviously can't go anymore--Vampiro doing a belly-to-belly spot from the top rope and landing on his feet proved that. But they can bleed, and they can take punishment. Just like when Flair did his first-ever thumbtacks spot a few years ago, I think there is something perversely compelling about seeing veterans get abused. It's almost like now, at the end, wrestling doesn't even put on the pretense of being anything but what it is: abusing their performers like aged cattle being slaughtered to make ground chuck, squeezing whatever little drop of value out of them before they're put down for good.

Top Bottom