• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin |OT| The Sunday of Summer

jmdajr

For reference, for those that haven't seen the mag cover...my god

bI2PIik.jpg

wtf is this.............

edit: did this dude approve this? god damn.

edit edit: this party has been going on for awhile

TxdaJqS.png

klonere

Banned
Wow. No righteous nerd rage out of me, but that's painting with a pretty broad brush there.

Dudes a legit genius entrepreneur, the short of guy magazine's like Time/The Economist/Newsweek usually slobber over yet he's slapped with this as an introductory blurb.

Pretty dumb.

Zach

Hahahaha. That cover. So much comedy gold, what with that and that Tony Hawk thread and The Donald tonight... man...

Heel

One thing's clear, Time magazine is not writing for the demographic of NeoGAF and they do not understand that at all.

Sephzilla

Sometimes I forget how much society thinks we are losers ...god damn.

There are gamers who want backwards compatible systems because spending 30 seconds hooking up a different system is hard. There are gamers who only buy digital games because they find swapping discs too tedious.

Sometimes I think society views us in the right light.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
There are gamers who want backwards compatible systems because spending 30 seconds hooking up a different system is hard. There are gamers who only buy digital games because they find swapping discs too tedious.

Fuck that, I want my library everywhere all the time. Physical copies are for luddites. Did you know people who want physical copies of games were also afraid of elevators without an elevator operator?

klonere

Banned

Friend, I find that the thing you are talking about is an affliction that affects the vast majority of Western society and is the primary driver of developments in the area of consumer products: the constant need for more convenience!

jmdajr

It's about clutter. You want your living room to look decent. At least I do.

Having all that shit hooked up sucks. Looks stupid.

Has absolutely nothing to do with lazyness.

Sephzilla

Friend, I find that the thing you are talking about is an affliction that affects the vast majority of Western society and is the primary driver of developments in the area of consumer products: the constant need for more convenience!

The affliction is laziness - I know the solution!!!

bull-fit-bull-dempsey.png

Cagey

Banned
The person behind Oculus Rift is fucking 22? Didn't some company buy that thing for Billions with a capital B for Bitch I'm Now a Billionaire?

22?!

:blankstareemoji: :gunemoji:

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
The person behind Oculus Rift is fucking 22? Didn't some company buy that thing for Billions with a capital B for Bitch I'm Now a Billionaire?

22?!

:blankstareemoji: :gunemoji:

He's a dope ass dude.

dream

You know what? No, you don't get to be "out of here for the day" without owning up to your words, Kaladin. You've skated by, passively ignoring objections to some questionable statements for far too long.

You can try to skew this as some personal vendetta, but everyone reading knows I've shown to be an equal opportunist when it comes to the disgusting treatment of women on WrassleGAF.

Maybe you have something against the professional wrestling character "Rosa Mendes", but what you're saying should not be condoned by the community. It certainly won't by me.

It's especially interesting that someone who so gleefully writes people off as "gimmick posters" can do things like race bait, defend Hulk Hogan's racism, and wave the confederate flag without having the self-awareness to see that he either espouses repugnant views, or is the biggest gimmick poster of all.

This was discovered by by one of our friends...

How well do you know your pro wrestling lingo?
39/40. Missed
plant.
I clicked "give up" which reveals the answers and it was foreign object. Something weird must have happened when I was doing the quiz. What sucks is you can't advance to the next question unless you get it right so I had to stop a quarter of the way through.

I think it didn't come up for me until i started typing "object"

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
It's especially interesting that someone who so gleefully writes people off as "gimmick posters" can do things like race bait, defend Hulk Hogan's racism, and wave the confederate flag without having the self-awareness to see that he either espouses repugnant views, or is the biggest gimmick poster of all.

I think at this point it's obvious there's no such thing as gimmick posters here. If there was, it'd be really tough to enjoy this community. I mean, seriously, if people just assumed these opinions were gimmicks you'd have some ridiculous characters in here.

Nobody's a gimmick, everyone is completely earnest, even though I had a hard time with Cure "Layla? Gross" Vylash for a while.

dream

I think at this point it's obvious there's no such thing as gimmick posters here. If there was, it'd be really tough to enjoy this community. I mean, seriously, if people just assumed these opinions were gimmicks you'd have some ridiculous characters in here.

Nobody's a gimmick, everyone is completely earnest, even though I had a hard time with Cure "Layla? Gross" Vylash for a while.

Oh, I agree wholeheartedly. What we have are people who have different opinions, and I think most of us are mature enough to agree to disagree (unless the opinion is something heinous like "Hispanic female wrestler Rosa Mendes probably doesn't know which of the 30 guys she fucked yesterday impregnated her") without casting aspersions on peoples' characters.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Sweeney Tom, I have an honest question.

Raw spoiler and SOMEWHAT dangerous Owens talk, but it's a legit question and I don't have the answer. Please do not click the spoiler unless you're Sweeney Tom.
Did WWE actually edit out Owens standing up from a chair and it getting stuck on his love handles? See link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wv71k_ZzjYU&feature=youtu.be&t=7m32s

Sephzilla

Raw spoiler and SOMEWHAT dangerous Owens talk, but it's a legit question and I don't have the answer. Please do not click the spoiler unless you're Sweeney Tom.
Did WWE actually edit out Owens standing up from a chair and it getting stuck on his love handles?

88bsPfv.gif

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Reminder, friends, don't forget your Avatar Lottery submissions. In entering an avatar to be selected at random by a community member, you also put yourself in the lottery to be assigned someone else's. Keep it in good taste.

I'll have announcements on our upcoming Community Event and Viewing Night soon as well. Hope to see you all there :)

klonere

Banned

Did WWE actually edit out Owens standing up from a chair and it getting stuck on his love handles? See link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wv71k_ZzjYU&feature=youtu.be&t=7m32s

Looks like its in there to me, complete with the Cesaro line pointing it out (which was the best line of that Raw imo)

Or is this a joke I'm not seeing

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Looks like its in there to me, complete with the Cesaro line pointing it out (which was the best line of that Raw imo)

Or is this a joke I'm not seeing

Not in that video, but I meant in the syndicated Hulu cut. Sweeney Tom watches that version, yes? They typically make a load of questionable cuts, I wondered about this one because it runs against what a lot of people feel is "ok" for Owens' character.

jmdajr

Not in that video, but I meant in the syndicated Hulu cut. Sweeney Tom watches that version, yes? They typically make a load of questionable cuts, I wondered about this one because it runs against what a lot of people feel is "ok" for Owens' character.
It was on Hulu. At least I remember Cesaro mentioning it.

Random:

It's still a great game, but No Mercy gets forgiven for a lot of noticeable problems, especially if you are in any way familiar with Virtual Pro Wrestling 2.

Top Bottom