• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin |OT| The Sunday of Summer

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Wow well good...and you know she wasn't too bad in Expendables 3 either.

I'm thinking if she were in WWE's hands they'd mess it up somehow. They'd make her get pinned by Stephannie or something. I wouldn't put it past them.

So far their use of her at Mania was right on. Built her up HUGE and she brought a lot to WWE. It was a heck of a segment, they tore the house down.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Im glad this thread's stupidity gets punished

Also, any of you people buying Triplemania?

I'd like to but I can't justify it. I'm STILL high off of the end of Ultimate Lucha. It was very good.

Kenobi

So far their use of her at Mania was right on. Built her up HUGE and she brought a lot to WWE. It was a heck of a segment, they tore the house down.

Yeah, she looked good...but the entire package felt unnatural to me. Did it really have to be the Rock? Couldn't it have been someone else? Triple H too? It seemed like an obvious stunt to get the WWE noticed, and maybe put them on magazine covers...I had David Arquette WCW vibes. I'm not comparing the two, but it's what it felt like. I know WWE would do better job, hell they are really good at setting things up...but as far as overall execution? Sometimes it's good sometimes not...Maybe I'm just "paranoid" but WWE made me this way, lol.

Either way, time to look up more Ronda stuff.

Kenobi

Im glad this thread's stupidity gets punished

Also, any of you people buying Triplemania?

I'm seriously considering it. Rey V. (original) Sin Cara sounds like it will be interesting, and Alberto is on the card (big fan) I just need to see what is available.

Striker

It worked for Mr. T, Lawrence Taylor, and Tyson. It wouldn't for Ronda unless she's knocking out dudes. No one is buying Stephanie as a legit threat.

dream

I think I get Lucha Underground now. It starts with the premise that pro wrestling denies its own stupidity; its operating principle is to pretend it's real. Lucha Underground not only embraces the stupidity of pro wrestling, but it pushes it, it extends it, it builds on the stupidity to enable new forms of storytelling within the medium. By not pretending it's real, they're free to go much further than other wrestling shows have done in the past. I think I need to watch all of season 1 from start to finish, rather than just the final episode, to figure out the implications of this philosophy. But I think I get it now, and I am glad it exists.

PInk Tape

Banned
It's a culture of "women are whores" as evidenced in some posts around when Rosa announced her pregnancy.

When she announced her pregnancy - something a lot of people feel is VERY special, and a cause for celebration - instead, it got dragged into "well who fucked her? is she ashamed?"

As long as shit like this happens on the reg in here shit won't change, and I'm disgusted by it. I hope to help change this garbage style of posting by calling out whenever I see some absolute bullshit.

She's not. She announced her pregnancy, along with a last name. Someone googled him to hate his tattoos.

Exactly.

tm24

I'd like to but I can't justify it. I'm STILL high off of the end of Ultimate Lucha. It was very good.
I kinda hope that people will actually watch lucha now instead of pretending they actually like lucha, like half the people attending PWG shows

I'm seriously considering it. Rey V. (original) Sin Cara sounds like it will be interesting, and Alberto is on the card (big fan) I just need to see what is available.

Yeah, the main events sound pretty great

I think I get Lucha Underground now. It starts with the premise that pro wrestling denies its own stupidity; its operating principle is to pretend it's real. Lucha Underground not only embraces the stupidity of pro wrestling, but it pushes it, it extends it, it builds on the stupidity to enable new forms of storytelling within the medium. By not pretending it's real, they're free to go much further than other wrestling shows have done in the past. I think I need to watch all of season 1 from start to finish, rather than just the final episode, to figure out the implications of this philosophy. But I think I get it now, and I am glad it exists.

This post makes me even sadder that there's probably no season 2 happening :[

They put out this handy 37 minute video going over alot of the main plot developments

cX9pfuX.jpg

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Sunny, or anyone else who liked the Vampiro/Pentagon match, that is what me and tm24 talk about when we talk about Pentagon in the indies. That is much closer to his style of indie matches that I find even better than his AAA/usual Lucha Underground work.

Man would have been an FMW champion before FMW went to shit.
I kinda hope that people will actually watch lucha now instead of pretending they actually like lucha, like half the people attending PWG shows
But then they have to watch El Mesias instead of Mil Muertes, and they'll be turned off immediately.

Kenobi

Yeah that's basically it...I guess just think of it in terms of a movie in a way in that, here are these mythological characters with Aztec backgrounds going out there and giving a lucha...the super hero concept. I think someone compared it to the show Heroes not too long ago. I think it's still somewhat ridiculous, but at the same time it's really cool. Maybe if they had a bigger budget? But Rodriguez likes that type of stuff. I think it works well for them, I really like their take on the backstage stuff. It's lit really well. The wrestling is good too.

dream

You guys should have seen my face when I watched 3 random minutes of Lucha Underground, thinking it was your standard lucha libre tv, as my first exposure to the show.

NoRéN

Sunny, or anyone else who liked the Vampiro/Pentagon match, that is what me and tm24 talk about when we talk about Pentagon in the indies. That is much closer to his style of indie matches that I find even better than his AAA/usual Lucha Underground work.

Man would have been an FMW champion before FMW went to shit.

But then they have to watch El Mesias instead of Mil Muertes, and they'll be turned off immediately.
Right on both points regarding pentagon and mil.

Watched WM8 last night. Piper/Bret delivered. Great match. And Bret gets busted the fuck open. The rest of the PPV was strange. The whole co-main event thing. The title match getting 2nd billing after Hogan. The strange finish to Flair/Savage. The stranger finish to Sid/Hogan. What a fucking PPV.

DMczaf

Watched WM8 last night. Piper/Bret delivered. Great match. And Bret gets busted the fuck open. The rest of the PPV was strange. The whole co-main event thing. The title match getting 2nd billing after Hogan. The strange finish to Flair/Savage. The stranger finish to Sid/Hogan. What a fucking PPV.

The ending was fucking hilarious.

Fucking Godfather was late on his cue, forcing Sid to kick out of the Legdrop.

First man in WWF history to kick out of it, and it's because of Godfather's fat ass not running fast enough.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
The ending was fucking hilarious.

Fucking Godfather was late on his cue, forcing Sid to kick out of the Legdrop.

First man in WWF history to kick out of it, and it's because of Godfather's fat ass not running fast enough.
Lol lol lol

tm24

Once again, if you enjoyed that match, watch what is easily Pentagon's best match

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_BxY4p2gzQY

Also, you're right about Mesias. Goddamn Mesias. Then again, Mesias was involved in the best angle ever

Once again, if you enjoyed that match, watch what is easily Pentagon's best match

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_BxY4p2gzQY

Also, you're right about Mesias. Goddamn Mesias. Then again, Mesias was involved in the best angle ever

That Muerte Cibernetica angle in AAA is legendary. I remember I was playing pokar with my friends while watching Triplemania and we just stopped playing to watch the end, it was so bad is was great.

Barrage

Just finished watching the Randy Orton doc on the Network.

It's got a really odd pacing,and unfortunately theyre following him during the decent-but-not-great CM Punk feud, but it's still got some interesting stuff.

Randy Orton was an acne-covered nerd who didn't lose his virginity till after high school.

He thought about commiting suicide in the mid-aughts.

He was in OVW the same time as Lesnar/Cena/Batista. All guys homegrown by WWE..I wonder if there's a class that talented out there, or if this was a once in a lifetime thing?

Only one and you need to PM it to me. Don't give em away.

Ah, ok. I'll make a new one to PM you this evening and leave these out in the wild - if anyone wants to join the lottery but can't make their own avatar for whatever reason, they can feel free to sub one of these to you. If that's ok with you Sunny, of course.

Top Bottom