• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin |OT| The Sunday of Summer

Different time, but holy crap did the ROH crowds treat Lacey, Daizee Haze, and even Sara Del Rey poorly when they had matches on the main ROH cards.

Meanwhile, SHIMMER and SHINE are looking at Women of Honor with the side eye.

How long ago did ROH stop doing women's matches?

Also, LU Season 1 DVDs are in the works, I would assume Blu-Ray as well.
I bet the run will be pretty small. I hope they get on streaming soon.
We are currently looking for a second broadcasting partner - either a streaming service, or even an additional broadcast network. We are also aggressively going after foreign sales, sponsorships, and integration partners. Those deals take time to secure, and that is why there has been a delay in announcing an official pick-up.

They need to get on a more widely available channel in the US. And merch. They only have one shirt in two colors. LU has the best characters in wrestling and they can go a ton of ways with it. I'd buy a Fenix shirt with him leaning on his Firebird.

And here I am waiting for Pentagon Jr. to hand deliver his shirts to the shipper before mine goes in the mail.

20150806_SD_EP_LARGE-romanrusev.jpg

The clipping in 2K16 is more realistic.

Aiii

So not worth it
AJ Lee 295
Nikki 257+

I say keep rolling until mania 32.

For seven year veterans the Bella's mediocreness is unacceptable. Give that record to one of the new girls. Nikki should lose the belt to The Boss at Summer Fest.

Over coming the odds......Eva?

She finally got green.

Not that some of the other Divas can talk much, not like some are much better.

I should say as WWE wants her to overcome the odds. That way people will get behind her since she wouldnt let the naysayers get to her.

I honestly don't get the appeal of her. I understand why people think she is attractive but she doesn't do it for me. Hopefully she gets better at wrestling.

I just want Big Bella to keep the title for over a year she's a great champ. I enjoy her tough style.

For seven year veterans the Bella's mediocreness is unacceptable. Give that record to one of the new girls. Nikki should lose the belt to The Boss at Summer Fest.

It will be a non title tag match and you will like it.

Bella aint dropping that belt until Night of Champions at the earliest.

When was the last time they had a Divas title match anyway? Its been a while

RP912

Banned
Just start it, what wrong with the Gl this year?

Some of the wrestlers got injuries which are affecting the matches. Plus the tournament is too long and overdrawn. I know it's the longest G1 tournament that NJPW ever had, but it really feels like overkill.

somedevil

Some of the wrestlers got injuries which are affecting the matches. Plus the tournament is too long and overdrawn. I know it's the longest G1 tournament that NJPW ever had, but it really feels like overkill.

The attendance is down according to Meltzer. So it being this long probably led to the decrease. So this probably be declared a failed experiment and they will do something else next year.

Also New Day is great:

It was an ambitious step, especially with so few outsiders in the tournament, and it hasn't entirely been successful for New Japan - there's more dates, but the gates have been disappointing for a good few of those, although they're still selling out in the usual NJ hotbeds and the final six nights in Tokyo are probably going to do very well. I think the key next year would be to try and run a smaller tournament with most of the dates in bigger venues. As RP said, the format this year is rather on the long side and seemingly hasn't eased the wear & tear on the talent.

RP912

Banned
The attendance is down according to Meltzer. So it being this long probably led to the decrease. So this probably be declared a failed experiment and they will do something else next year.

Also New Day is great:

It was an ambitious step, especially with so few outsiders in the tournament, and it hasn't entirely been successful for New Japan - there's more dates, but the gates have been disappointing for a good few of those, although they're still selling out in the usual NJ hotbeds and the final six nights in Tokyo are probably going to do very well. I think the key next year would be to try and run a smaller tournament with most of the dates in bigger venues. As RP said, the format this year is rather on the long side and seemingly hasn't eased the wear & tear on the talent.

The concept would have been better if the tournament was like Wrestlemania 2. They should have had three shows during each day, rather than spreading it throughout the month. On the plus side, Elgin, Yujiro, Karl, and Naito are the shining gems throughout the tournament.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Xposting from the Taco Bell OT, but the "hot" Habanero has no heat to it at all. Go with god.

I'll try all three as usual.

Taco Bell is the best stop on my new product launch only system for having fast food. BK was the worst and I dropped it months ago. They seriously have no clue how to introduce new product. McD's is the most inconsistent, with amazing products like the Jalapeno double and some real what the fuck were they thinking releases. Wendy's is almost as good as Taco Bell except for their insistence to guild the lily with slices of "fancy" cheese in sandwiches that really do not fucking need cheese.

People mock Taco Bell for using the same 12 ingredients in different permutations but it often works, and the best of them stay on the menu forever.

KissVibes

Banned
Had another run in with WWE's legal team today. Sorry I was filling a niche you weren't, nerds! I guess threatening me with legal action makes sense.

The National Enquirer has a new article saying Hulk Hogan has been accused of lying under oath.

Their report notes that court transcripts reveal Hogan allegedly made conflicting statements to the FBI and to lawyers for the Gawker website, who Hogan has the $100 million lawsuit against. During a hearing on July 2nd, Gawker attorney Seth Berlin told the judge that he had learned Hogan made statements under oath during a talk with the FBI and during a deposition that are "directly at odds with another." Berlin wrote:

"So we have a situation... where the key participant, the plaintiff, is telling us one thing under oath and telling the FBI something else."

Legal experts told The Enquirer, who recently revealed the racist comments made by Hogan in 2008, that if the accusation is true, Hogan would be guilty of either perjury or obstruction of justice, depending on if he lied to the Gawker lawyers or the FBI. Those charges could potentially carry jail time, as defense attorney Anthony Brooklier told The Enquirer:

"That's how Martha Stewart got nailed. It wasn't insider trading that put her in jail. It was the lie she told to the cops."

Konan shooting

Konnan can't speak highly enough of Roldan's progress over the years. "He's an an incredibly quick study. I'll give you example: Dixie Carter, who didn't grow up in the business like Dorian, she still doesn't know what the fuck she's doing. And she's been there...what, 13 years? You just have to live it every day. You can't just be showing up to certain TVs and not the others You have to be passionate and live it 24/7, y'know? And he does. He just became immersed into it. He learned. He studied. He asked. And he just wanted to be that best at what he's doing. He just learned as much as he could a lot by trial and error, but he's a visionary. And he's like 30-31 years old, so he's gonna be incredible in another five or ten years. He's already a sharp businessman."

Top Bottom