• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin |OT| The Sunday of Summer

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Executive Producer of LU dishes on what's up with Season 2:

I hope this helps...I have this one already typed... this is obviously why they asked me to be here, so I’ll answer it very honestly and then you all can go back to work. Let’s break it down into parts - “If” and “when” and “where”. There is very little doubt in my mind about the “if”. I’d say its a 99.9% chance that a second season is happening. LU is a partnership, and each of the partners are committed to making season 2 happen. The “To be continued…” at the end of UltimaLucha was not just us trolling you, it was more of a promise.
The issues about money and production costs are indeed real, although vastly overstated. We didn’t spend $20 Million - not even close. El Rey is the one of the best networks I’ve ever worked with, but what they have to spend doesn’t quite cover the costs of a show like Lucha Underground. So our choices are to either 1. Raise the money from another source, or 2. Make the show cheaper.
We are currently looking for a second broadcasting partner - either a streaming service, or even an additional broadcast network. We are also aggressively going after foreign sales, sponsorships, and integration partners. Those deals take time to secure, and that is why there has been a delay in announcing an official pick-up. The “when” of this is what’s up in the air. Of course we’d like to be back on the air in October, but realistically that date is likely to push. I’d put January of 2016 as the latest date of our return.
The “where” is also being debated and is part of option 2. LA is expensive. As much as we all want to stay in Boyle Heights, we may need to investigate a different location for season 2. There are other locations with tax incentives or where resources are cheaper. Of course story-wise we can make anything work. We all saw Dario leave the temple and where he ends up is anyone’s guess.
TL;DR Yes, but not sure when or where.

Menome

Her Story is currently probably gonna be my Game of the Year unless it gets really popular, then it's going to the shitbin because I don't like popular things. I am in the middle of Contradiction and it's not grabbing me, but I'm too much of a "gruftie" like you people say to enjoy it.

I think Life Is Strange is going to get the "This year's Gone Home" plaudits , but most places really liked Her Story too, so it'll be a very close 'second place'.

Looking forward to the season, not looking forward to our opening match - can't stand the gooner cunts, other than Millwall they're the most muggy side in the capital. And Wenger's a shitbag. Football makes me angry :p

They stole petr Cech too. Also fuck Wenger, mourinho going to get him back for this

1c449d40-4c9e-11e4-8407-6109916a8483_wenger_mourinho.gif

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Also, LU Season 1 DVDs are in the works, I would assume Blu-Ray as well.

And investor response:

"Our investors are THRILLED with the response to the whole season. They read the reviews and they genuinely believe we are on to something. But these are very smart businessmen and they want to make sure we are building a sustainable business."

Menome

Seeing how much praise has been lavished on it, I'd be up for buying a boxset and binge-watching the whole thing in a few days.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I think Life Is Strange is going to get the "This year's Gone Home" plaudits , but most places really liked Her Story too, so it'll be a very close 'second place'.

LiS is absolutely scorching it. A+ game.

It says a lot that the big games ain't shit this year. I want new ideas, new experiences I don't get anywhere else.

Other LU exec producer comments:

They wanted to do a Piper cameo in season 1 :[
He wants to keep Vampiro at commentary, they like that team of him/Striker
They were real light tubes

Really good to hear about LU.
The “where” is also being debated and is part of option 2. LA is expensive. As much as we all want to stay in Boyle Heights, we may need to investigate a different location for season 2. There are other locations with tax incentives or where resources are cheaper. Of course story-wise we can make anything work. We all saw Dario leave the temple and where he ends up is anyone’s guess.
TL;DR Yes, but not sure when or where.
This is a shame, it fit so perfectly. What other Latin hotspots could they move to?
I wish that didn't have the stigma it does amongst the hardcore/shitlord crowd.

somedevil

If Trump stays in the Republican race long enough, Vince will definitely beg to have him on

I doubt they will. Him and Linda already betrayed him by giving money to Christie instead. Plus it would be really stupid to have him on after getting rid of Hogan and wanting to appeal to Latino crowd.

Aiii

So not worth it
The LU stuff warms my heart. It is my favorite wrestling thing and seeing it go would kind of suck.

Now get that shit on Netflix already.

Sephzilla

I doubt they will. Him and Linda already betrayed him by giving money to Christie instead. Plus it would be really stupid to have him on after getting rid of Hogan and wanting to appeal to Latino crowd.

Pfff. You're assuming Vince would use logic beyond "GET TRUMP ON HERE AND HAVE CENA RAISE HIS HAND DAMNIT"

somedevil

Pfff. You're assuming Vince would use logic beyond "GET TRUMP ON HERE AND HAVE CENA RAISE HIS HAND DAMNIT"

Plus isn't there a rule where if you have one candidate on you have to have the rest on as well?

So if that happens does that mean they will have a republican battle royal on Raw?

jmdajr

Maybe he wants them to Booo. Who cares. It's RATINGS GOD DAMN IT!

Has there been news on LU available on streaming services?

He said it's a thing they're considering, but getting season 2 confirmed is the #1 priority on their minds right now (understandably). After that will be potential merch, DVD boxset, and maybe streaming availability

Heroman

Banned
He said it's a thing they're considering, but getting season 2 confirmed is the #1 priority on their minds right now (understandably). After that will be potential merch, DVD boxset, and maybe streaming availability

For real, I really want to watch it. For a show whose biggest problem is it on a channel no one watch you would think they would try to make it available everywhere.

Menome

I wish that didn't have the stigma it does amongst the hardcore/shitlord crowd.

I just love the fact they gave us a genre-name for the type of game I love; from Myst to Gone Home to The Vanishing of Ethan Carter: the Walking Simulator.

They meant it as an insult, the community who likes those games have embraced it instead. Makes searches on Steam for similar games much easier too.

Savitar

Total Divas S4 spoilers about Eva's push

So WWE is basically going to transfer Eva's Total Diavs storyline with the actual WWE product. On Total Divas, all the other girls don't like Eva because it took her two years in WWE to finally start wanting to wrestle. All the girls think she just wants to be famous rather than be a wrestler. Which makes sense to why WWE wants to push her now as everyone thinks she's trash and she overcame the odds

Over coming the odds......Eva?

She finally got green.

Not that some of the other Divas can talk much, not like some are much better.

I had to get it refunded. Wouldn't boot for me. :( I spent that money and a little more on Sheltered, and it wouldn't boot either. Windows 10 has been making me sad, just bad luck with my video card and their new shit. Clicker Heroes won't start, I can't try Sakura Clicker to see what people are all happy about...Life is Strange won't start.

I'm in a bad way.

What kind of video card do you have? My garbage Dell 27" All-In-One's GeForce GT 640M hasn't had a single problem since going up to Windows 10.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
What kind of video card do you have? My garbage Dell 27" All-In-One's GeForce GT 640M hasn't had a single problem since going up to Windows 10.

I have a beast of a card, it's just incompatibility. Just waiting on patches and drivers.

Top Bottom