• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin |OT| The Sunday of Summer

NoRéN

11825636_10153400844780310_6694782890790353519_n.jpg

WOW! That is one hell of a narrow door.

Visit the Pinball HOF today. Played some superstars and Wrestlemania Pinball. Man the nostalgia. Had to conserve some money one day of the trip.

Now back to drinking.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Pearl Jam is Dad Rock and Pearl Jam is awesome
Visit the Pinball HOF today. Played some superstars and Wrestlemania Pinball. Man the nostalgia. Had to conserve some money one day of the trip.

Now back to drinking.

Did you play the weird prototype 3 level pinball game thing?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Hey, I bet this is a good place to ask stuff, since I just watched Beyond The Mat for the first time...

Came out of nowhere to be one of the best docs I've seen in a long time. I guess it came out in 97, since I saw Titanic on a movie sign in a shot. Was that level of violence in that Mankind Rock match the last of its kind? Because that was pretty gory compared to what I remember ever seeing. Plus, with his wife in the audience reacting the way she did, was there a level of danger to the show that was truly upsetting her, or was it kind of scripted that way? I'm just used to WWE being 100% circus, so to see that reaction was kind of hard to watch and felt way to real to be anything else.

And as far as Jake the Snake, man that was hard to watch. I know he spiraled even more after that and DDP tried to get him back on his feet, but is he still in that better place since all the new publicity? Other than those stories, it was cool to see Vince McMahon in a more vulnerable setting since as someone who doesn't watch, I've only seen him as his character.

DDP's done a lot for Jake. Hands down he's in a better place.

If you wanna see Vulnerable Vince, track down the Warrior documentary that came out after his death about his Wrestlemania journey, HoF induction, and more. You see Vince cry over "The Little Engine That Could" that Warrior gave to him.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Vince: "Yokozuna who has not frequented Raw in quite some time"
Macho: "Yeah it's been about, what, thirty pounds ago?"

Macho Man banned from wrasslegaf

Menome

Had a dream last night where Tom Cruise was a contestant on a Lucha Underground version of Tough Enough, complaining that the show wasn't showing enough of the 'reality' of Reality TV.

Who do I pay to make this happen?

Facebook pisses me off, it seems you can no longer use Google's reverse image search by just using the link from an image hosted on that site. You have to take the damn thing and upload it elsewhere.

Pearl Jam and Dave Matthews Band have graduated from college douche rock to dad rock. =(

I... Know who that is without having to Google.

There is no 'dadder' dad rock band than the fucking Foo Fighters.

First two albums were great, then the dad-ward spiral kicks in at their third album and Learn to Fly - they haven't looked back since.

I binge-watched their Sonic Highways show this week, and every episode is fantastic until it gets to the end, where they distill all of the interviews with various amazing musicians in various different genres in various different cities into exactly the same generic and boring dad rock track they've been banging out since the turn of the millenium.

So Foo Fighters. And I should know, because i'm a dad in dire need of more ab workouts and less hobnob biscuits.

And I think Grohl is great btw, just when he's playing in any band other than the Foo Fighters, such as his awesome drumming on the last QoTSA album.

any "classic rock"

they're kinda a mom band in my household

LEAVE MY BOY TRENT OUT OF THIS.

That said, their last album has Lindsey Buckingham from Fleetwood Mac on it. I was given my dad's vinyl, which includes a lot of classic blues-era Mac. So yeah, I guess he is getting there. Sad face.

Downward Spiral is fucking dope though. Might not sound like it now, but it was so out there in 94. He never quite topped it. The album had such an influence, in fact, that Edge's original vignettes featured a word for word reading of the lyrics to Mr Self Destruct. A week later it was changed to 'similar' wording featuring the now standard 'you think you know me'.

Triple H should evolve into an out-of-touch middle aged dad wrestler that comes to the ring to Quo, with a deadly new submission move where he gets his opponents in a headlock and bores them to submission talking about mortgage rates.
That would actually be really entertaining! A lot of lapsed wrestling fans would relate to that kind of character too, would do great business imo.

That said, their last album has Lindsey Buckingham from Fleetwood Mac on it. I was given my dad's vinyl, which includes a lot of classic blues-era Mac. So yeah, I guess he is getting there. Sad face.

Downward Spiral is fucking dope though. Might not sound like it now, but it was so out there in 94. He never quite topped it. The album had such an influence, in fact, that Edge's original vignettes featured a word for word reading of the lyrics to Mr Self Destruct. A week later it was changed to 'similar' wording featuring the now standard 'you think you know me'.

no disrespect to mr. rez! I just mean my mom is really into 'em

shaowebb

HBK bled like a motherfucker in this match

The interview with Jericho/HBK on their feud being the final straw in folks getting bloody in WWE

Nothing will ever top Jerry Lynn vs Steve Corino at Heatwave 2000 though when Jerry Lynn wrote "DIE" on his own body in Steve Corino's blood.
fb2QpDa.jpg
XiHlpZa.jpg
4LExRvi.gif
JV7yBD0.gif
A09x1Sb.jpg

Corino was the king of color. Guy ran a King of Old School gimmick, called hardcore wrestling garbage and would show up in ECW, get beat to death and then tell you to keep coming because he wasn't gonna fall. Steve Corino for me growing up was one of the greatest champions I had ever seen for folks to believe in. Just wouldn't back down. I miss those matches from 99 and 2000. Internet has nearly erased all footage though of his best work with Lynn, Justin Credible, Dusty Rhodes and Tajiri. The bits where he'd be handcuffed, caned and then just wave at you to keep coming because he wasn't dead yet were pretty intense with Credible. He won the title with a superkick after refusing to fall to multiple cane shots from the man and it was glorious. I think his last big run was in Zero One after that. I miss the guy's classic work. He fell apart after a very brief stint in TNA and the indies after that. Worked with Steen a bit too, but never recaptured that presence like he had in ECW again.

Downward Spiral and The Fragile are neck and neck for me.

The interview with Jericho/HBK on their feud being the final straw in folks getting bloody in WWE

Nothing will ever top Jerry Lynn vs Steve Corino at Heatwave 2000 though when Jerry Lynn wrote "DIE" on his own body in Steve Corino's blood.
fb2QpDa.jpg
XiHlpZa.jpg
4LExRvi.gif
JV7yBD0.gif
A09x1Sb.jpg

Corino was the king of color. Guy ran a King of Old School gimmick, called hardcore wrestling garbage and would show up in ECW, get beat to death and then tell you to keep coming because he wasn't gonna fall. Steve Corino for me growing up was one of the greatest champions I had ever seen for folks to believe in. Just wouldn't back down. I miss those matches from 99 and 2000. Internet has nearly erased all footage though of his best work with Lynn, Justin Credible, Dusty Rhodes and Tajiri. The bits where he'd be handcuffed, caned and then just wave at you to keep coming because he wasn't dead yet were pretty intense with Credible. He won the title with a superkick after refusing to fall to multiple cane shots from the man and it was glorious. I think his last big run was in Zero One after that. I miss the guy's classic work. He fell apart after a very brief stint in TNA and the indies after that. Worked with Steen a bit too, but never recaptured that presence like he had in ECW again.

Corino was dope. This should be on the network, right?

Top Bottom