• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin |OT| The Sunday of Summer

Poor Adam Rose, we all hoped for Leo Kruger in the Wyatt Family and instead he gets saddled with Brad Maddox. The only way this could get worse is if they make ZZ their manager.

miserable

What a guy.What a hero.The true people's champ.

Kjy2Qex.gif

ZPCI5Zz.gif

lGwnjkP.gif

Heel

Joe Rogan ‏@joerogan 53m53 minutes ago
That was the first time I ever almost cried while interviewing a fighter. @RondaRousey is something insanely special.

Just like Vince McMahon, Joe knows that millennials love passion. Thousands of Retweets and Favorites proves it. I just got a little choked up typing this.

Marvel

could never
Haha, I remember Brad rocking "Beef Mode" on his gear ages ago. Cool name for a tag team imo.

Rose gonna have to pack on some weight again tho

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
This far into G1, the way it's been booked, it's going to be a huge bummer if it's anyone but Naito or Shibata.

Screw washing windows for tips, we need more traffic stop lucha;

Q1mVItF.gif

This far into G1, the way it's been booked, it's going to be a huge bummer if it's anyone but Naito or Shibata.

They're doing a good job of not tipping their hand too early, but I agree it'll be disappointing if both guys get their run to the finals stalled again. I think Naito/Nakamura would be the best way to go, presuming Nak's good to go - Naito gets to beat the man who defeated him in the 2010 G1 finals and earns a chance for redemption against Okada at Wrestle Kingdom.

The only other scenario I want to see happen is Tanahashi winning so we can put the whole Okada/Tana thing to bed, because if it isn't this year then it'll be next year.

Catching up on LU and Matt Striker is driving me insane. For about five weeks straight he's said the line "We won't beat you over the head about equality, just watch the matches."

SAYING IT EVERY WEEK IS BEATING PEOPLE OVER THE HEAD.

Also, that second Ivelisse/Angelico match is an embarrassment. Whoever decided that was a good idea should probably not have a job anymore.

Thorakai

Catching up on LU and Matt Striker is driving me insane. For about five weeks straight he's said the line "We won't beat you over the head about equality, just watch the matches."

Also, that second Ivelisse/Angelico match is an embarrassment. Whoever decided that was a good idea should probably not have a job anymore.

Its super ironic, too. You look at what they do with their intergender matches and what is shown in the ring is anything but equality. The women are clearly being made to appear much weaker than the men. They barely get any offense going for an extended period of time one attach from the guys is enough to get them to desperately reach for the hot tag.

somedevil

Poor Adam Rose, we all hoped for Leo Kruger in the Wyatt Family and instead he gets saddled with Brad Maddox. The only way this could get worse is if they make ZZ their manager.

Yeah he has the beard rocking back for that. Don't worry Vince can change mind in 3 weeks to go back to the original plan.

Shibata wining and then winning the IWGP title would be great. They keep hi it g at unifying the IC and heveyweight title. Let Goto and Shibata do it.

WWE removed Hulk Hogan's theme music from Spotify and the entire "WWE Anthology - Vol. 1" album that had Hogan on the box art.

You can still totally listen to Chris Benoit's theme on WWE Anthology - Vol. 2 though.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
nd1Aju0.jpg

#FollowTheBeef

Curses. I was hoping he would return to the gimmick that got me interested in him and join the Wyatt Family.

Just imagine Terrible-At-Everything-He-Does Brad Maddox standing alongside Bray Wyatt, not realising it's a cult the entire time

klonere

Banned

Yeah the commentary on LU leaves a lot to be desired imo. I'm near half way through the season and Vampiro just gets worse and worse.

Very very mild spoilers for Sexy Star:

She actually talks to Cueto about her gimmick being "I DON'T NEED NO MANNNNNN" in the most obnoxious way possible. Pretty terrible.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Ultimo Dragon should come out at the end of LU on Wednesday, claim gimmick infringement, and shut down LU forever as the final angle.

Aiii

So not worth it
Friends. I'm still a bit down about Piper dying. He was one of my favorites of all time, really. This fucking sucks.

Savitar

Friends. I'm still a bit down about Piper dying. He was one of my favorites of all time, really. This fucking sucks.

Yes but now he's with Andrea the Giant and others chatting with Jesus.

Or whatever deity you worship.

Can you imagine the promos!

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I'm sort of sad that I can't get English LU without switching to a new cable provider, but this year I did have a revelation when it came to one hour wrasslin shows. 1 hour RAWs and Nitros were great, as is NXT.

Cagey

Banned
I played Bloodborne for 30 minutes this morning before I put it back into the GameFly return envelope and promptly dropped that into the mailbox.

15 of which was spent making my character.

Top Bottom