• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin |OT| The Sunday of Summer

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Mysteziz loses, gets attacked afterward by heels
Rey and him team up, fight off the heels
Mysteziz dives, falls onto his head
TURNS HEEL ON REY AGAIN
WHAT ON EARTH, WHY

He's tired of playing by the rules!

lmao @ going off the air too early. TWICE

dream

Data West, I have nothing but respect for you, but kindly go fuck yourself after inflicting this show on me.

tumblr_nsuek9XHbS1rofocqo1_1280.jpg

tumblr_nsuek9XHbS1rofocqo2_1280.jpg

This actually entered "so bad it's good" territory for me - what a fucking amazing series of production botches. Last two matches were good, I got my money's worth I guess, but AAA are fucking cursed with iPPV.

Gonzalez

Banned
Putting on a show worse than ROH production wise takes skill
AAA, and bad productions go hand in hand.

Seriously they are the number 1 wrestling promotion in Mexico, but for some reason CMLL has always looked miles better than them from a production standpoint for the better part of 3 decades.

dream

RBH, I feel that unless you watched the show, you can't possibly imagine how bad it was. Language fails me when trying to accurately describe the feeling of hopelessless that enveloped me for the past 4 hours.

Ultratech

Yeah, AAA should seriously invest in getting some better production people.

It's one thing if it's a one-time only event, but a problem if it's a common occurrence.

The show was certainly...an experience though.

Seriously, it was amazing in its awfulness. The old dudes vs clowns was compellingly bad. During the cage match all I could think was "imagine damn near killing yourself for a match this shit". Cage/Alberto wasn't terrible, but it wasn't great either and the main event was easily the best match on the show, which isn't saying much. I was thoroughly entertained by the post-match idiocy and the production botches throughout - also, take a drink every time Striker says "nicely done". Some other Striker-isms: trying to pop shitty NY indie dudes with namedrops on commentary, describing everything as "a sign of respect" and that moment when you realise he's been fucking vanity searching himself during the PPV and is aware of and starts poking fun at the shit people have tweeted about him.

dream

How about Matt Striker rolling every r. RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRrey mysterrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrio

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
It was worth it for the smile it put on my face watching Myztiziziziz put on this solid match with Mysterio only to whiff it HARD at the end. It was like fate.

I love ring veteran Avarno putting the boots to him immediately instead of looking like a FCW/NXT trainee and just staring at the botch looking confused

It was worth it for the smile it put on my face watching Myztiziziziz put on this solid match with Mysterio only to whiff it HARD at the end. It was like fate.

I love ring veteran Avarno putting the boots to him immediately instead of looking like a FCW/NXT trainee and just staring at the botch looking confused

Averno just immediately stomping the shit out of him was fucking hilarity

MC Safety

Eva on the treadmill.

She's beautiful and this is totally not a sharp knees, 2/10, would not commentary, but looking at her I can't help but thinking of Quint in Jaws describing a shark's eyes.

"The thing about a shark, it's got lifeless eyes, black eyes, like a doll's eyes. When it comes at you it doesn't seem to be livin'."

Fox318

Forget traniees how about the fucking wwe main event.

Cena breaks his nose and Rollins stares at him like Vince is in his ear or something.

Fox318

Well in Rollins' defense, he saw his life flashing before his goddamn eyes

Don't wanna be Kennedy'd

fuck that shit you do your job and sell the match

All that company preaches is shit like standing your ground and not taking shit. Hell Rollins and Cena got fucking merch from that busted nose.

RBH

The schedule for the WWE Network this week includes two episodes of WCW Nitro from 1997 and 1998 (August 13th at 8pm ET).

Hope they just upload all of the 97/98 Nitro episodes this week as well.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
No, Pentagon would be the one for that spot. Mistico is just latching onto anything popular to try to keep himself relevant since Rey and El Patron took his 'big fish' spot. Everything I've ever seen about Mistico IRL says that pretty much nobody likes him where as everyone liked Perro.

Originally they were talking about Pentagon vs Rey, but I imagine Mistico pulled a gun on Konnan backstage and demanded he get the feud instead.

So I saw this making the rounds, Data West: https://twitter.com/Jocay19/status/630559127530545152

And after googling "Perros Del Mal," I discovered that it's the name of a heel group that Perro Jr. founded.

So am I to gather than Mistico turned because he wants to get revenge on Rey for killing Perro Jr. with the 619?

You are overthinking and it was probably just a typical random indy heel turn (crossed off indy because really everyone does it, at least AAA saved one for their biggest show to get people hyped for the next year of their stuff)

Top Bottom